Sponsored by:

911 Window Exit Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 10:03 AM
GP White
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 911 Window Exit Help

I use a halo seat in a 964 coupe. I’d like to make the window opening larger to facilitate an exit if the circumstances forced it. In addition, I would like to keep the car weather tight. The car is presently fitted with a 964 Andial Cup car style cage, with one side bar so I’d like to keep the stock door in place.

Has anyone modified the window frame on a 911 to eliminate the triangle front window, but leaving the outer frame? Perhaps a full size plastic window could replace the glass?

TIA for any experience or suggestions.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:16 AM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry that I can't help but i think this is a great topic and one that I hope PCA listens in on and in the name of quick egress updates stock class rules to allow for window frame modification. I was looking into some sort of break away design for the quarter window upright but PCA ruled that I couldn't make any changes to the window frame in my stock class car. I think for club racing the whole frame and glass should be optional. It's a no cost modification that could help save someone's life. It then wouldn't be long until one of the many resourceful aftermarket companies would offer a plexi panel that would give a weathertight seal for transport and overnight security.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:12 AM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So... they will let you gut the door for door bars, remove the window and still won't let you take out that stupid quarter so you can get out when on fire??? Now that just has to change. Stupid IMO.

Needs to be on the rule change for next year. No performance advantage, doesent change the looks and is just way safer.. Its a no brainer.

Lots of stupid rules in stock class still hanging around. These are all full blown race cars now. Get over some of the little "stock" things and get on with real safety.

Quick Reply: 911 Window Exit Help