Sponsored by:

PCA rookie weekend over -

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 12:00 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default PCA rookie weekend over -

Smooth, painless and an absolute riot. Learned a lot.

Kudos to West and the rest of the Nat team for a great weekend up at Hastings - and to Hemingway and Knoblauch for putting up with my giddy ***.

Didn't race Sunday as I was (a) exhausted and had to get home for chores anyway and (b) badly hungover.

Can't wait to get out and race: See ya'll at Denver in Aug. and Hallett in Oct. as a minimum this year - and perhaps a late TX race.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Horus2000
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats! Hope you can join us for MSR at the end of Oct.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:20 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,883 Likes on 1,692 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiB

Kudos ... to Hemingway and Knoblauch for putting up with my giddy ***.

Didn't race Sunday as I was (a) exhausted and had to get home for chores anyway and (b) badly hungover.
You, sir, GET IT!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-05-2012, 11:34 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulation! Got the fever? It is a whole new addiction. Good luck next race.

The only thing that renewed my interest in driving was going racing. If not, I would have sold my car.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,432 Likes on 766 Posts

Congrats, Kai !!
Old 06-06-2012, 12:35 PM
wesmc3
Instructor

Awesome....how did go saturday?
Old 06-06-2012, 01:13 PM
KaiB
Banned

Originally Posted by wesmc3
Awesome....how did go saturday?
I found it's a lot more fun NOT being the fastest car on track!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 02:05 PM
wesmc3
Instructor

Well congrats on the build, heard from a number of guys it is an amazing car.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:46 PM
DaveConn
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kai,

Great to finally meet you. Some wild nights, my friend, but hey, the unexamined life ain't worth living...

Sorry you couldn't make it out to race, but hopefully I'll get to experience you passing me in anger at Hallett, or possibly High Plains if I can make it.

Thanks for the hospitality. Hope all is well...

Dave
Old 06-06-2012, 08:39 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 209 Posts

Kudos to West and the rest of the Nat team for a great weekend up at Hastings - and to Hemingway and Knoblauch for putting up with my giddy ***.

Can't wait to get out and race: See ya'll at Denver in Aug. and Hallett in Oct. as a minimum this year - and perhaps a late TX race.
Other than the fun race, did you actually participate in any of the Sprint races? It's great to hear that you are back out on track, but after all the hard work to get the car to the track and ready to race you owe it to yourself to enjoy the fruits of that labor - a chance to race!

When I was just starting I was contemplating skipping a race and had made up lots of excuses in my head as to why I should - I was tired, my tires were bad, I had to pack the trailer etc. Then a wise friend came over and explained to me that you don't learn anything sitting on your @ss in the paddock. Get your seat time when you have the opportunity. That's how we get better.

Don't overthink your lap times, your finishing position, etc. Yes, it can be intimidating if you let it, but just get out and race and learn. The results your looking for will come in time.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:34 AM
911S3.6
Pro

Perhaps after spending all that $$$ out west he has realized he does not want to put that
beautiful car at risk.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:50 AM
KaiB
Banned

Dang ya'll. Nah, I can't wait to go mix it up ... and I trust the guys I was on track with absolutely.

I did what I set out to do in getting my PCA license and have been away from home 8 of the last 14 days doing car stuff. The home is still under construction and I have rural chores daily.

As I indicated earlier, I didn't race the Sat 4pm session because I was whupped. I typically start my days at 5am and by 4, I'm done. This is certainly something I'll have to work on, not only the schedule, but also stamina in the car.

Don't go callin' my country *** chicken. We have a full schedule this year which will take us from OK, to CO, back to NE and down to TX. Jake has a point in that I do concern myself with times and placement; that comes with a competetive nature - and a burning desire to improve.

We'll go drive and race as often as possible.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Olcha911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

So let me see if I have this right. You did all three practices, the fun starts and fun race, and you got your license at the drivers meeting before the actual sprint races when West Dillard would give them out?

Then you didn't actually enter any races? You could have gone out and done the pace lap, one full race lap (at the back of the pack), and come it, and gotten credit for those races. I know that might seem silly, but you were already there...

Oh- don't take my comment as criticism, I just wanted to make sure I understood. I will be at High Plains with my H RSA. Going to VIR with the SPEC BOX.

-Keith
Old 06-08-2012, 02:37 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 774 Likes on 392 Posts

...and I trust the guys I was on track with absolutely.
I wouldn't "absolutely" trust anyone on the track while racing until they have earned that level of trust. I learned this many years ago road racing motorcycles. Trust, but leave yourself a way out just in case.

Scott
Old 06-09-2012, 04:27 PM
KaiB
Banned

Originally Posted by Olcha911
So let me see if I have this right. You did all three practices, the fun starts and fun race, and you got your license at the drivers meeting before the actual sprint races when West Dillard would give them out?

Then you didn't actually enter any races? You could have gone out and done the pace lap, one full race lap (at the back of the pack), and come it, and gotten credit for those races. I know that might seem silly, but you were already there...

Oh- don't take my comment as criticism, I just wanted to make sure I understood. I will be at High Plains with my H RSA. Going to VIR with the SPEC BOX.

-Keith
Yep Keith, I asked West if he wanted me to race that evening, he said no, no need.

Quick Reply: PCA rookie weekend over -