Sponsored by:

Rumble vids!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 07:52 PM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doug,

Please feel free to critique my videos posted earlier. My 2 cents: I think you are significantly faster than #87. However, you are turning very similar lap times. This may be because there are several turns where you are giving away time by either turning in early or not hitting the apex. Specifically turns 3 (NASCAR) and T11A (Oaktree). If you turn in a little earlier for NASCAR, you can get on the power a little earlier and be full-throttle by apex. More importantly, I think you are turning in at Oaktree too early. Take a look at my video and you will see what I think is a better line. You are doing a good job of getting onto the left curb before turn in, but by turning in early and more gently, you are not able to get to full throttle until later. What shows this the most is #87 pulling away from you as you are tracking out. If you turn in a few feet later, turn in harder to get the car rotated, and get to full throtte by apex, you will get a better launch.

You are definitely faster than him up the esses, through roller coaster, and through hogpen. Do you have any idea why he was braking between 16 and 17?

I really hope this unsolicited advice does not offend you. If it does, I aplogize and will remove it.

Don
Old 07-04-2012, 08:30 PM
richard glickel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dan212
Doug - you almost pulled off the T1 pass in the beginning. Would have been a kick ***! What happened at 2:50 when you twitched coming out of T1? Were you feeling out the surface or was there something icky there?
Dan,

Doug actually got the coveted "Workers' Choice" award for his drive in the enduro. Well deserved too!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:43 AM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dan212
Doug - you almost pulled off the T1 pass in the beginning. Would have been a kick ***! What happened at 2:50 when you twitched coming out of T1? Were you feeling out the surface or was there something icky there?
i think at the 2:50 mark the rear end got a bit loose and thats why it put me toward the right side there. 75 + minutes of racing plus 90+ degree air temps = slippery!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:58 AM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dbryant61
Doug,

Please feel free to critique my videos posted earlier. My 2 cents: I think you are significantly faster than #87. However, you are turning very similar lap times. This may be because there are several turns where you are giving away time by either turning in early or not hitting the apex. Specifically turns 3 (NASCAR) and T11A (Oaktree). If you turn in a little earlier for NASCAR, you can get on the power a little earlier and be full-throttle by apex. More importantly, I think you are turning in at Oaktree too early. Take a look at my video and you will see what I think is a better line. You are doing a good job of getting onto the left curb before turn in, but by turning in early and more gently, you are not able to get to full throttle until later. What shows this the most is #87 pulling away from you as you are tracking out. If you turn in a few feet later, turn in harder to get the car rotated, and get to full throtte by apex, you will get a better launch.

You are definitely faster than him up the esses, through roller coaster, and through hogpen. Do you have any idea why he was braking between 16 and 17?

I really hope this unsolicited advice does not offend you. If it does, I aplogize and will remove it.

Don
Don,
no offense whatsoever! any and all critique/ constructive crticism is welcome. It's the only way to get better.

Not sure why he was braking in those spots. I need to get back to VIR and try working on your suggestions. I agree that I was poor in NASCAR turn, it bothered me all weekend.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:59 AM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by richard glickel
Dan,

Doug actually got the coveted "Workers' Choice" award for his drive in the enduro. Well deserved too!
Old 07-05-2012, 12:14 PM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dougdep
Don,
no offense whatsoever! any and all critique/ constructive crticism is welcome. It's the only way to get better.

Not sure why he was braking in those spots. I need to get back to VIR and try working on your suggestions. I agree that I was poor in NASCAR turn, it bothered me all weekend.
You did drive an excellent race though. I think I would have been seeing Scarlet/Crimson or whatever color Red is when turned to 11 after being forced off a couple of times. While his bumper was ahead of yours at turn-in, he does owe you "racing room", and my opinion is that "racing room" means on the asphalt.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 78 Posts

Here is a good series of pics from the lower essess. I'll remove if the spinner feels this is in bad taste.
Attached Images              
Old 07-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Clearly the photog thought I was going to crash
Attached Images    
Old 07-05-2012, 02:18 PM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

I think they call that the Cobetto line in NASA Mid-Atlantic.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:11 PM
dan212
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 75 Posts

Rock on Doug!

Old 07-05-2012, 03:46 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Nice save...... That could have been disastrous.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:19 PM
richard glickel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Streak,

I missed that ... hard to see anything from the waaaay back of the race group.

Although I finally did pick up the pace a bit on Sunday.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:31 PM
jittsl
Racer

Easiest pass I ever made (not that it did me any good inthe long run). Not sure why the moroon and silver 911 suddenly went left and drove Streak off the track. Can only assume that the Green 911 slowed very quickly and left it nowhere to go. Streak, brilliant job of staying straight and getting back on track. Great set of pictures.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jittsl
Easiest pass I ever made (not that it did me any good inthe long run). Not sure why the moroon and silver 911 suddenly went left and drove Streak off the track. Can only assume that the Green 911 slowed very quickly and left it nowhere to go. Streak, brilliant job of staying straight and getting back on track. Great set of pictures.
Thanks Laurie. It was a pretty wild ride. Mark (maroon/silver 911) was just doing what he had to do In my video, 20/20 hindsight being what it is, I think I might have made too drastic a move which put me in the grass. I might have had room to stay on the pavement but in the heat of it you do what you think best. Makes for a few good pics though!
Old 07-06-2012, 10:58 AM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jittsl
That was me in the green car and I did slow quickly to avoid contact with the spinner as I was the first one to arrive. I do think the silver car should have gone off track right if he could not get slowed down in time rather than cut all the way back across left with so many cars around. He put Streak in a bad position; luckily Streak had the skilz to make it work.

Quick Reply: Rumble vids!