Sponsored by:

OH Shiznit moment Mid Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,435 Likes on 768 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Until you seriously wreck your race car, I'm not sure that you completely understand what the car really means to you. Some folks may not feel that way of course, but I suspect that for many people it's more than just money.

Sorry to see this happen to you.
+1
Old 08-22-2012, 12:36 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 40 Posts

That's why I don't race open wheel cars, it's not supposed to happen in a sedan!!!

So sorry the toast fell on the buttered side as usual... and after all the work you put in the car... it makes my stomach sick
Old 08-22-2012, 01:22 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, it happens so fast! Glad you are okay, and credit to the guys who built the car for making it safe.

I totally agree with the comment about wrecking your car: Though it has not happened to me yet, my preservation instinct is so high, I think it slows me down.

Hopefully, you can find a way to get back on track.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:56 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tomburdge
I'm not trying to argumentative, but this was not the case at any SCCA Runoffs that I attended from 2000-2005.

Perhaps they alter the procedure for other smaller SCCA races with fewer cars in each group ,but it still is IMHO less than ideal.

Having all the cars in a straight line, all able to see the green flag and more room to bail out if something goes wrong just seems to make more sense to me....also sets up some great opportunities to out brake and pass your oponents going into the first turn.

Tom B.
All SCCA regional races Start on the front straight. Nasa Starts on the back. I think SCCA feels that the cars speeds going into turn one are not as fast as the speeds going into the right hander at the end of the back straight. Turn one is pretty wide and you can bail on the the pit out lane if need be, but you have to get it to turn one and past the pit wall.

I have had a big one, i think you get good luck after getting that out of your system. That is how I look at it anyway.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Bull993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by danielyonker
Thanks for the nice words, folks. Unfortunately the car is totaled - not worth rebuilding, primarily because the expensive end of the car took all of the damage (fresh motor and tranny). Hats of to Peter, Kevin and Trevor Dawe who, over the past 4 years, developed an amazing car. It held 5 or so class lap records and was in striking distance of several more. Truly a blast to drive and a real drivers car.

As for me, physically I'm fine but mentally a bit on the ragged side. Not sure what I will do next, but it will involve racing, for sure.
Dan,

I just heard about this today and after seeing your video I was amazed that you were not hurt especially after the second hit that followed the roll. I am so glad you are ok. I am sorry to hear about the car but when a door closes another one opens. You will figure it out and continue to excel. Your car and craft were really making waves.

Take care,
Derek
Old 08-22-2012, 11:42 PM
danielyonker
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Derek -

Thank you for the kind words - It means a lot coming form you. I'll figure out a way to continue to enjoy this sport. Is your car for sale??

Cheers

Quick Reply: OH Shiznit moment Mid Ohio