Sponsored by:

Looking for an E Car!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 04:11 PM
tylerfarner
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for an E Car!

I have interest in purchasing a PCA E Class car...PM me if you have a lead. And if you are racing in the E Class, tell me what you love about it. I am just (hoping) to get started club racing with PCA and am looking at the letter classes...always interested in advice.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

Do you want a 911 or 944 or does it matter as long as it's an E class car?
Old 09-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 78 Posts

Don't forget the Boxster!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:59 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Chris m pm him
Old 09-07-2012, 08:38 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Take a look at this car. https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...-for-sale.html
Old 09-07-2012, 08:46 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have raced in E F and G. I used to run a 944 TurboS. I built a new 944 Turbo car a few years ago to E stock and have never looked back. Love it!
In F/G we would generally be the slower cars in the fast group. The fast group was generally smaller and there were not many cars in class to race with. Winning class when you are the only entrant lacks something.

By comparison E class is often the largest (at least in my area). Great competition, close racing, great drivers, very respectful of each other, and give racing room. I have yet to have a car on car incident when racing other Ecars, despite some epic battles and very close racing.

Euro 911's are the kings of E, and if you can get a Buckley bullet your set.

If I were to start racing today, I would probably go Boxster in E or spec Boxster. More modern equipment, low purchase price, lots of parts available, reliable. 944s2 also makes for a reliable competitive E car.

Last edited by samluke; 09-12-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Jess
Instructor

Sadly, I should probably sell what I believe, is the winningest E car in PCA Club Racing.

48% Class wins and 71% podiums in 63 Races.

Car has been sitting for three years as life has tossed me some "changes."

Not sure where to price it due to the hiatus. Very open to offers with or without twenty foot Haulmark enclosed trailer.

This was a very well known car. Please ask any of my E class competitors, I'm sure they will vouch for it and my integrity.

Here's a link to my history in the car: http://www.rennpoints.com/driverhist...esse+Wurmbrand

Kind regards,

Jesse Wurmbrand
101 Yellow Euro SC 911

Last edited by Jess; 09-12-2012 at 12:05 AM. Reason: added link
Old 09-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's a 968 E car for sale:

https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...nd-extras.html

http://www.racecarforsale.info/
Old 09-11-2012, 11:51 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can definitely vouch for Jesse, and the competitiveness of his car. Awesome. Easiest way to being competitive in E is a Euro and this is one of the best.

The challenge is that anyone who buys it is expected to podium with it. No pressure!!
Old 09-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Jess
Instructor

Thanks, Richard.

Mike Quigley pointed out this tread to me and the fact that for myriad reasons, I probably won't race anytime soon.

As much as it pains me to make this admission, I am working on a build sheet for a prospective buyer. Suffice is to say, this isn't a Buckley car by any stretch but it has beaten or been second to him many times. Car has a real 930/10 motor and all the go fast parts from just before adjustable front mono ***** and cheater wheels were allowed. Honest car that could use some modernizing. I by no means, am expecting Buckley offers (read half).

I think its finishes from 2002 to 07 speak for themselves.

The group of guys I've met racing in E, across the country, are some of the finest, most competitive men. Many of them I count as my closest friends. The stories of all night repairs among us, just to slug it out again, are tales of legend. You cannot find a group with more honest camaraderie anywhere.

Jesse
Old 09-12-2012, 03:56 AM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

Another voucher for the yellow machine. Always in the hunt for the win but I am sure a lot has to do with the driver. Hope you get back in the game soon, miss the weed whacker drinks and as you said the camaraderie is second to none. Always was fun to hang with the CO group at Heartland, and Hallett.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

if your running with Mark up there with Acumoto i think you are already in the right hands....that e car he brought out this year was FAST...we had some good battles at watkins this year...he is a great driver and fun to go door to door with.

Euro's seem to be the bee's knees but i have done ok with a 3.2......Jim Childs is very fast in his 968...that thing has brakes....
hupfer and buckley definately seem to have the fastest cars out there...im still working to come close to those guys....good drivers and good cars are hard to catch regardless.

There are a few 944 e cars but not a ton...was one at mid ohio that well i wont say anything.

best of luck finding one, if i hear of any ill shoot your and or Mark an email.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:49 AM
tylerfarner
Advanced

Originally Posted by Der ABT
if your running with Mark up there with Acumoto i think you are already in the right hands....that e car he brought out this year was FAST...we had some good battles at watkins this year...he is a great driver and fun to go door to door with.

Euro's seem to be the bee's knees but i have done ok with a 3.2......Jim Childs is very fast in his 968...that thing has brakes....
hupfer and buckley definately seem to have the fastest cars out there...im still working to come close to those guys....good drivers and good cars are hard to catch regardless.

There are a few 944 e cars but not a ton...was one at mid ohio that well i wont say anything.

best of luck finding one, if i hear of any ill shoot your and or Mark an email.
Thanks for the feedback...I appreciate it. Mark has been awesome. Very helpful and a very talented driver/coach. The crew from Accumoto does it right for sure.

I hope to be door to door (even if briefly) with you guys soon!
Old 09-12-2012, 01:06 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I like that 968 up there, but I'm partial to the 944 platform. Air cooled 911's are just looking too old for my taste.
I've campaigned my 944S2 for four years now, and as mentioned above, they're really reliable.
Can't say the same for the Turbos, though.
With an E 968 you can modify it as you proceed, eventually gutting the s**t out of it (which saves on brake and tire wear) moving to SP3 and join us in 944SuperCup. Lots of places to race them, not just PCA.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:17 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 774 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
I like that 968 up there, but I'm partial to the 944 platform. Air cooled 911's are just looking too old for my taste.
I
The (timeless) look of the 911 compared to the (dated) look of the 944? Seriously?????

Scott

Quick Reply: Looking for an E Car!