Sponsored by:

Porsches on the High Banks PCA Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 06:10 PM
jayhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Porsches on the High Banks PCA Club Race

The Kansas City Region is pleased to let you know that our inaugural “Porsches on the High Banks” PCA Club Race will be held on the new 2.37 mile road course at Kansas Speedway June 21-23, 2013. Kansas Speedway will host a Grand AM race in August 2013, so make plans to have a go at this exciting new world class venue as part of your 2013 plans.

The Kansas Speedway is located in Kansas City Kansas at the Village West entertainment area which provides a myriad of activities for the whole family.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Leg...t_Village_West

Here is a link to a narrated lap of the new track by Eric Curran, driver of the #31 Whelen Engineering Grand Am GT Corvette.

http://www.racer.com/video-track-lap...rticle/266669/

Hope to see you there!

Bob.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:05 PM
friscocayman
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope to make it. Surface looks great!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:23 PM
TigerStadt
Advanced

Looking forward to it. Have driven the track. GREAT!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:37 PM
ja78911sc
Pro

Bob,
When will registration for the DE be posted on club registration? I noticed the club race is listed.
Thanks,
Jim
Old 01-24-2013, 11:19 AM
jayhawk
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ja78911sc
Bob,
When will registration for the DE be posted on club registration? I noticed the club race is listed.
Thanks,
Jim

We will create the CR registration site for the Advanced DE in a few weeks. We need to nail down the race schedule etc so we can have all the details for the DE once the CR site is created.

The PCA National Club Race team sets up the Club Race registration site; note that registration doesnt open until May.

Bob
Old 01-25-2013, 05:25 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Having test driven it, i can attest that the surface is very smooth. The Hoosiers were polished. the infield section is fun. its going to make for a great event. There is so much to do in the area its great for friends and family also.

Last edited by samluke; 01-25-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:56 PM
TigerStadt
Advanced

Registration is open. www.clubregistration.net
Old 05-07-2013, 12:10 AM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by samluke
There is so much to do in the area its great for friends and family also.
agreed, it's a great complex...it should be the model for any racetrack development.

added bonus: all that mixed used retail/convention stuff means no neighbors close by to complain about the noise
Old 05-11-2013, 09:59 AM
caymancyr
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by samluke
Having test driven it, i can attest that the surface is very smooth. The Hoosiers were polished. the infield section is fun. its going to make for a great event.
Damn! I just signed up and was hoping all of us E guys would be hitting the High Banks for the first time in June. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep up rather than just seeing your disappearing tail lights like I did last year at Heartland Park. Willing to share any recently acquired track knowledge or video?
Old 05-13-2013, 08:19 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Bump! We need racers! The track is a ton of fun, smooth, and fast!......and like people have said before, the location is fantastic. Bring the family, plenty to do within walking distance of the track. Hotels, food, great wolf lodge for the kids, cabela's, a lot of shopping, etc.

A video my buddy dan shot from his 997.2 GT3 when we were out there in November. I was running the 6 GT3 in front of him. 1.2gig download, but shows a few laps on the track. I tried putting it on youtube, but it killed the quality. One change, I believe they have designed a chicane on the back straight of the infield to slow that section down a bit before going out onto the oval, so no video of that yet.
http://rennsportkc.com/some-track-video/
Old 05-13-2013, 09:20 PM
jayhawk
Rennlist Member

yes, all of you midwest club racers, now that your COTA jones is over, sign up to drive a track that is sure to test EVERY bit of your mettle. Beautiful facility, racer friendly track management and engaged local region will make this the first of many great events at Kansas Speedway. We will be the ONLY non professional event at the Speedway this year and are the "warm up" for the Grand AM event at the Speedway in August.

Dont miss out.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:01 AM
caymancyr
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
A video my buddy dan shot from his 997.2 GT3 when we were out there in November. I was running the 6 GT3 in front of him. 1.2gig download, but shows a few laps on the track. I tried putting it on youtube, but it killed the quality. One change, I believe they have designed a chicane on the back straight of the infield to slow that section down a bit before going out onto the oval, so no video of that yet.
http://rennsportkc.com/some-track-video/
Thanks for posting the video. It looks like a fun way to cut my teeth on a Roval as well as being a good chance to see how quickly the guys who kill it at Heartland Park can adapt to a new venue!

I hope this is well attended. Five racers in E stock have already signed up. Last year it we had a pretty good showing in class. I'm pitching the venue to my buddies as the only opportunity in the central U.S. to run a Roval. Hopefully some of them will jump on board.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:11 AM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by caymancyr
Thanks for posting the video. It looks like a fun way to cut my teeth on a Roval as well as being a good chance to see how quickly the guys who kill it at Heartland Park can adapt to a new venue!

I hope this is well attended. Five racers in E stock have already signed up. Last year it we had a pretty good showing in class. I'm pitching the venue to my buddies as the only opportunity in the central U.S. to run a Roval. Hopefully some of them will jump on board.
I also hope we get great attendance and can turn this into a fantastic annual event. The facility is awesome. Brand new paving both speedway and infield, unlike Heartland which is having issues.

The mix of high speed banking and the technical infield makes for a fun track.

Stop by and chat when your at the track, and I can share what I learned.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:46 PM
wesmc3
Instructor

It's amazing that there are spots left for this, I figured it would fill in a couple days
Totally agree with Richard, Karl, Bob, and Dave. The thing is a blast, the surface is amazing, and there is just an aura to the place, almost surreal.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:46 PM
TigerStadt
Advanced

Kansas Speedway Track Lap

Quick Reply: Porsches on the High Banks PCA Club Race