Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ROEBLING PCA RACE in a few weeks! More track time than you will know what to do with!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 10:56 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah sure do Bob. Really nice 944, hoping to go see it in person mid next week. Actually have another one that I've spoken to the owner (and it's just been reduced since speaking with the owner) and it's a good candidate too, but this other one just presents soooo much better, execution looks amazing but doesn't have all the goodies the other one does. Since its a minimum upgrade spec series, I think I'll go for presentation for what's been done over having all the "go" parts......they can be added later if needed.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Tim Pruitt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big Thanks to Bob, Allen, Josh, Barbara, Tommy, Jamie and ALL the other track committee members, local volunteers for making the weekend at Roebling Road very enjoyable!
Old 03-04-2013, 12:44 AM
esscape26
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Florida Crown guys and girls for the great racing. Sorry I could not make the awards lunch as we had to have the tow guy push the one 944 that would not start onto the trailer.

Also sorry that my get up and go got up and went on Sunday. Good thing because I saw when I came in that my steering wheel was coming apart due to too much play in the disconnect/ spline. We had just tightened the wheel. Never had that happen before. Yikes.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:14 AM
MarkM
Burning Brakes

Great event as always! (But please pay the heating bill next time)
Old 03-04-2013, 09:14 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

This was a great racing weekend despite the cold weather. Did not rain a drop! They said they had around 15 inches of rain the previous week, but we got none. Good planning FC.

Big props to the region and everyone involved with the event. As always, the most fun event of the year. Laid back, great people and racers and lots of cold beer (no ice chests necessary).

Great racing Don. Always enjoy racing with you. I know I can expect clean racing and a hard fight to the finish. Thanks.

The fast cars in this event were beyond good. Passes were well planned and timed.

Bob Saville, what happened to you? Hope it is a easy fix.

See you next year. What about a late April date? Savannah is April is awesome.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:31 AM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got out of the car after Sunday sprint and it was snowing ever so lightly.....

Thanks to all the volunteers and organizers. Nice weekend!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:33 PM
mrepka
Instructor

Home safe, well worth the 16 hour tow. The 44 boys had some of the best racing I've ever seen. Thanks to all for a great event.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:11 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Glad you got home Mark. Enjoyed meeting everyone this weekend. Wish it wasn't so FREAKIN COLD!. Froze the only pair I've been able to grow right off!
Gave Bob Linville a little ride in my black beast after you all left Sunday, not sure if I made him a little woosie or what but it didn't take long for him to assess my driving skills I think I've been approved to race with you loosers.........I mean fine gentlemen
Old 03-04-2013, 10:28 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993inNC
Glad you got home Mark. Enjoyed meeting everyone this weekend. Wish it wasn't so FREAKIN COLD!. Froze the only pair I've been able to grow right off!
Gave Bob Linville a little ride in my black beast after you all left Sunday, not sure if I made him a little woosie or what but it didn't take long for him to assess my driving skills I think I've been approved to race with you loosers.........I mean fine gentlemen
Do it! Post pix when you pick up your car. Hope the 1 you are looking at works out. See you out with us soon.

Nice meeting you.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:05 AM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 993inNC
Gave Bob Linville a little ride in my black beast after you all left Sunday, not sure if I made him a little woosie::
Bob has ridden with Hurley and some of the other Brumos greats down there. I can assure you he was just fine.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:18 PM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tim Pruitt
Big Thanks to Bob, Allen, Josh, Barbara, Tommy, Jamie and ALL the other track committee members, local volunteers for making the weekend at Roebling Road very enjoyable!
Ditto! Fun event, good clean racing from my perspective. Fun running with you Randy, but I did miss that GT1 car on Sunday.

Great meeting you Mark Repka, Dave Rothenrocker-something, Mark McGuire, and Dave Schaeffer. Dave, thanks for the tows to faster lap times. Brent, it was great hanging with you, hearing your opinions about why I have to sell my car and buy an SP1, and getting good advice on trailer setup, but I'd prefer if you'd leave the pair you told me to grow alone!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 03:28 PM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dbryant61
but I'd prefer if you'd leave the pair you told me to grow alone!!!
It's Rodenroth, the tall dude.....
You weren't supposed to be standing so close when I whacked your leg...
Old 03-05-2013, 03:29 PM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wasn't my leg!
Old 03-05-2013, 05:35 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dbryant61
Ditto! Fun event, good clean racing from my perspective. Fun running with you Randy, but I did miss that GT1 car on Sunday.
I know you missed him. His blocking put me 2 sec behind before I got through T1. Except on Sunday when he didn't race. I liked the results I got that day.

Roebling track record for GT1S is 1:18.519.

Come to Road Atlanta.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:40 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Originally Posted by f1rocks
Bob has ridden with Hurley and some of the other Brumos greats down there. I can assure you he was just fine.
Hmm, I must have been pretty amazing then

Quick Reply: ROEBLING PCA RACE in a few weeks! More track time than you will know what to do with!