Food at COTA next week

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 11:37 AM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts
Default Food at COTA next week

For those that have been to COTA:

Apparently squirreling a sandwich in my bring down the wrath of the food police. How is the food at COTA both in terms of cost and quality? I'm assuming there is nothing nearby, is that assumption wrong?

Thanks
-Mike
Old 05-02-2013, 11:42 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 771 Posts

Dude. They are not gonna search your vehicle for sandwiches. Despite the ridiculous and condescending tone of these recent emails, the on-the-ground employees at COTA are very nice & very professional.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:58 AM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Food police?

I was planning on bringing a grill and other stuff to cook for 12 at the transporter...is this a no-go?
Old 05-02-2013, 12:01 PM
tonypai
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The employees are COTA are super nice.

The food at COTA is ...... I don't know, I didn't buy anything but look good and was priced as you would expect. We went out to Subway.

All the corner workers go to the taco place behind the gas station. Ask them, they'll tell you where it is. It was excellent.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:02 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Dude. They are not gonna search your vehicle for sandwiches. Despite the ridiculous and condescending tone of these recent emails, the on-the-ground employees at COTA are very nice & very professional.
Easy man, I'm just trying to sort out what's what and plan. I'm not picky, if they do food as good as Louis at TWS, I'm fine with it.

One benefit to going back to the same tracks time after time is one knows exactly what to expect.

I suppose it is worth $5 to Globe to point out just how stupid it is to (over)charge for water at a TX track event in the summer. In addition to being a convenience, water in these conditions is a safety issue. Having a couple of PCA provided pallets of Aquafina water wouldn't bankrupt the track.

-Mike
Old 05-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

I will bring in water bottles that I fill at home. I will bring in food & snacks. And they won't care. As Tony says, the food is a crappy as you'd expect at any other big sports venue. And priced accordingly.

Sorry, was not snapping at you. I guess I am really put off by the incredible arrogance in these latest emails. It's one thing to encourage us to patronize the track's vendors. It's another to demand it as if the track is entitled to extracting $4/bottle from us for water. Yep, they charge $4/bottle.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:23 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
I guess I am really put off by the incredible arrogance in these latest emails. It's one thing to encourage us to patronize the track's vendors. It's another to demand it as if the track is entitled to extracting $4/bottle from us for water. Yep, they charge $4/bottle.
What, as a paying guest, you don't like being asked repeatedly not to pee on the carpet? ZSA got it right. Post the rules once, and be done with it.

I'm feeling it too, and yet it's still quite worth it. I haven't been this excited about a track event in quite some time.

-Mike
Old 05-02-2013, 12:28 PM
tonypai
Racer

The excitement is well deserved. What a fantastic venue. Great track, great city, great people. My only complaint was the track was over-enthusiastic with the red flags.

Have fun! And if you get a chance to go up to the tower, DO IT! And bring a camera.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:31 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

We will have a blast. Also, I misspoke: water is $6 per bottle, not $4.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:10 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wild Bubba's BBQ, a couple miles east of the track. you will not be disappointed (unless you're one of them queer vegetarian types, in which case you should go back to San Francisco you pansy. yee haw!)
Old 05-02-2013, 02:53 PM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

COTA has the absolute BEST primary gate Woman! Her name is Patti if I remember correctly. She'll do a little welcome dance for you! That's how nice the staff at COTA is. I wish I could get that welcome everywhere. within a short distance is a variety of food and beverages. I would definitely bring as much as you need on a daily basis. Good Luck and Have fun, that's why you're going!
Old 05-02-2013, 02:56 PM
tonypai
Racer

Patti is awesome, I didn't know her name but I knew who you were talking about!

Made me smile every time.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:36 PM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First impression represents the facility extremely well, and makes you smile everytime! I got out of the vehicle and danced with her!
Old 05-02-2013, 04:25 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tonypai
And if you get a chance to go up to the tower, DO IT! And bring a camera.
Thanks for the tip; great idea!

By the way, do they sell water at the top?
Old 05-02-2013, 04:29 PM
tonypai
Racer

No water at the top! Bring your own.

Though, they might charge usage of the elevator.

It can be tricky to get over there, depending upon which gates are locked. Definitely easier to drive over there.

Quick Reply: Food at COTA next week