Sponsored by:

Pedal suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 10:09 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Pedal suggestions

Stock Cayman pedals in my car. Looking for something to make h/t easier. Suggestions?
Old 07-20-2013, 12:49 PM
Yellow996
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Rennline's are great. Pricey...but great.

http://www.rennline.com/Pedals-Fully...products/1129/
Old 07-21-2013, 05:39 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scott40
Stock Cayman pedals in my car. Looking for something to make h/t easier. Suggestions?
yeah, rennlines are great. we just put a Rev4 pedal, the whole assembly in the car. was like 300 bucks or something like that. but it has the ability to raise the pedal up a bit so its closer to the brake pedal. we have dual masters in the WC cayman and its a stiff stiff pedalwith very little travel so this lets me quickly raise the gas platform as needed. it also has those tabs but i find the stock tabs way too much , increasing the likelihood of getting gas and brake at same time,a big no no. so we grinded them down a few millimeters.

but the biggest thing it does is that it replaces that cruddy cayman plastic e-gas hinge and flexible, flimsy pedal. those hinges are known to break, i've broken like 2 on a 987 boxster and one on a cayman, you're session is over, maybe you wreck trying to make your way back. that hinge is just poor in the stock. in this thing its all nice alloy cnc'd, etc. so its solid, stiff, cup-car like.
pricey, but the best.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:04 PM
MJP911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I highly recommend SRP - great products and great guys
http://www.srpracing.com/default.cfm
Marc
Old 07-21-2013, 02:34 PM
Brian A.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would recommend Rennline as well.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:18 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,330 Likes on 570 Posts

The previous owner of my Cayman R put in Rennline pedals. They are fine - I'll probably leave them alone.

I put Ultimate Pedals in my Z06. I LOVE them! Just enough texture to grab, not so much that I stick. And they look great too. There are several different configurations so you can find exactly what you are looking for. I thought they were priced very fair. I did all 3 pedals plus the dead pedal (for looks).

Because the Z06 pedals were shaped in such a way that it would make it difficult to screw attach the Ultimate Pedals - the owner of the company worked with me and made a one-off set with screw holes that would work with the existing Chevy pedals. I did a "rubbing" of each pedal (meaning laid a piece of paper over the pedal and then rubbed a pencil back & forth and cut out the paper to exactly match the pedal). I mailed the rubbings for the gas, clutch and brake to him along with photos of the pedals. He took the info and created pedals that worked perfectly. I opted for the throttle with the full extension along the left edge since I have narrow feet. It made all the difference with heel/toeing.

Sorry for the lousy photo (and I hope to figure out why the pics are so HUGE when I upload them??)

I have no affiliation with this company. It was recommended by rennlist member who is a dear friend:
http://www.ultimatepedals.com/
Attached Images  
Old 07-21-2013, 06:29 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ZSA Motorsport
yeah, rennlines are great. we just put a Rev4 pedal, the whole assembly in the car. was like 300 bucks or something like that. but it has the ability to raise the pedal up a bit so its closer to the brake pedal. we have dual masters in the WC cayman and its a stiff stiff pedalwith very little travel so this lets me quickly raise the gas platform as needed. it also has those tabs but i find the stock tabs way too much , increasing the likelihood of getting gas and brake at same time,a big no no. so we grinded them down a few millimeters.

but the biggest thing it does is that it replaces that cruddy cayman plastic e-gas hinge and flexible, flimsy pedal. those hinges are known to break, i've broken like 2 on a 987 boxster and one on a cayman, you're session is over, maybe you wreck trying to make your way back. that hinge is just poor in the stock. in this thing its all nice alloy cnc'd, etc. so its solid, stiff, cup-car like.
pricey, but the best.

I like this pedal for the reason you mention- replaces the plastic. Are you saying the tabs are too much on the Rev4?
Old 07-21-2013, 09:25 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scott40
I like this pedal for the reason you mention- replaces the plastic. Are you saying the tabs are too much on the Rev4?
its just personal. for me, i hang my foota t like 45 degree angle off the brake pedal even before blipping so if the tabs are too big, i get gas when i brake. so we just trimmed them back, these are the blipper tabs that protrude to the left of the gas pedal towards the brake pedal. they have tabs up top an don the bottomw. i just trimmed them back little by little till perfect.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:23 AM
Bill Lehman
Three Wheelin'

Received 228 Likes on 134 Posts

I use this Rennline model on my Cayman http://www.rennline.com/Rennline-Gas...oductinfo/P71/ I have the top and bottom extensions but only use the top.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:43 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

^ That one keeps the plastic hinge?

In looking at my footwell, it looks like a difficult installation with the roll cage there. Access is so limited. Maybe removing the seat would make it easier?
Old 07-22-2013, 07:40 PM
Bill Lehman
Three Wheelin'

Received 228 Likes on 134 Posts

Yes, that pedal retains the plastic hinge. Its not difficult to install but I didn't have to crawl over a side impact bar. Basically fastens with a couple of sheet metal screws. I have 68 track days on this system with no issues.

Quick Reply: Pedal suggestions