Sponsored by:

Montoya out of a ride in 2014...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 04:45 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Sure, anyone can be a dick like Montoya and drivers are paid to race and mechanic and engineers to work on the car, but you can't take the human element out of the equation -- something Whine Pablo in racing and others in whatever industry they are in seem shortsighted on. If you want the crew in racing or employees in business to work better and harder, treating them like **** is not a good way to go about it. Numerous studies will back this up. Your favorite driver, Michael Schumacher is legendary for treating everyone at the track and factory the same -- very well. His career didn't turn out too bad. There are other stories of Danica's crew in Indy not being happy about her throwing them under the bus for set up changes on her car. Not cool to do that in public. Each side of the F1 garage works a little better/harder/longer for their driver when they know there are results on the other side and they are appreciated. If you can't understand this basic element of human nature, i'm afraid I'm can't help you.
Human element, aren't you the biggest d1ck on this forum when you can't hold an argument. Name calling.. Very human indeed.

Wow, didn't see that coming.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:01 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,952 Likes on 1,747 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Human element, aren't you the biggest d1ck on this forum when you can't hold an argument. Name calling.. Very human indeed.

Wow, didn't see that coming.
Hello pot, my name is kettle.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:03 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy days I see ........
Old 01-17-2014, 05:32 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Karma is a bitch.

c.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:48 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,079 Likes on 1,186 Posts

Originally Posted by f1rocks
I never spent anytime with Joe D. so I can't express MY OPINION of him. What I can say is the (4) six year old kids patiently waiting at the fence for guys like Mario Andretti, Raul Boesel and Rick Mears to just give them 30 seconds and sign their programs while they were waiting for the next session, yes he was still racing at this time. Raul was happy to sign, Rick....happy to hobble over and sign (was always painful to watch him walk), not your boy Mario though.

You can tell a lot by a man's character not by what he has to do but what he chooses to do for no apparent gain.

Beauty is Mario's whored himself out enough with signatures you can buy his "autograph" for a few bucks on eBay so I guess the entitled six year olds can buy one. But what would be the point it becomes a nameless faceless worthless article as opposed to "he came over to the fence and signed this when I was six"
Everyone has off days and I'm going to chalk it up to that for Mario. I've ran into him over a dozen times at the track and he was always the most cordial driver next to Rick Mears.

One year at Road America the Newman Haas cars were lapping slow, team frustrated, everyone on edge etc... Mario still came over to chat it up with the crowd, pose with kids for photos, sign anything.
Michael on the other hand was the complete opposite. He was always standoffish, made no time for the fans etc....

Another year (I think I as 16) I spotted Michael and John Andretti's wives sitting at a table under the Andretti awning. I walked over, asked if I could come over and talk to them. I showed them my Andretti memorabilia which included my collection racing baseball cards and my photo album of pictures I took previous years. They were interested in seeing anything I had Andretti related. Much to my surprise, they gathered up anything with Michael or Mario, took them into the RV where they were watching the F1 race - signed everything. On top of that, Mario popped his head out to say hi.

The last time we saw Mario he gave my wife a big hug and a kiss. She was holding a box of Andretti wine, so I'm sure that helped.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:54 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^wait you mean you didn't ask Mario to sign his name on a photo of Alex Yoong and he was still nice to you? Amazing.

Quick Reply: Montoya out of a ride in 2014...