0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

2014 Grand Prix of Hungary

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 05:43 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I guess it must be free, since you don't like paying for things. Carry on Mr QB..
Old 07-28-2014, 05:54 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

p.s.
This talk of Ferrari being a 3rd or 4th rate car at H-ring is bollocks! Ferrari rarely go a season without at least a podium or a win. In a season where Ferrari get it wrong, there's always at least one or two circuits that favor the car's design (with a bit of the usual racing luck going against the better cars). This track's very unusual nature probably reduced the advantage of HP
Old 07-28-2014, 05:56 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys are missing the really important stuff:

Old 07-28-2014, 06:07 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Old 07-28-2014, 06:16 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jbossolo
You guys are missing the really important stuff:

HAH!
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:18 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow..this conversation turned.

C
Old 07-28-2014, 06:34 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ricciardo resembles the Cheshire Cat with his ear to ear grin.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:01 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still can't get past how many pictures jbossolo posts of Vettel...

His favourites appear to be the pouty ones. To each his own, I guess.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:19 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

I do it for you, bro. All for you. Enjoy it.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:05 AM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Great race by the top 3 for different reasons. I felt bad for Kimi considering that he looked to be more comfortable and driving well. This is the first time I felt like Rosberg showed ****** in his armor. Expecting that Lewis was going to let him past while he was that far back wasn't realistic but since he's shown such a clear and logic head to this point I wonder if he saw/knew something we didn't. Biggest surprise for me was again how Vettel performed.

Bring on Spa and Monza!
Old 07-29-2014, 12:25 AM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
LOL, if you think Lewis would not be ruthless, you got something coming.
Don't recall Hammy ever deliberately take someone out in a strategic move to consolidate points. usually his stupidity and over aggression lead to him taking himself and others out, but it's not malicious in nature or as calculated as the old school racers that were mentioned before.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:11 AM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do it for you, bro. All for you. Enjoy it.
Ha!

Originally Posted by enduro911
Great race by the top 3 for different reasons. I felt bad for Kimi considering that he looked to be more comfortable and driving well. This is the first time I felt like Rosberg showed ****** in his armor. Expecting that Lewis was going to let him past while he was that far back wasn't realistic but since he's shown such a clear and logic head to this point I wonder if he saw/knew something we didn't. Biggest surprise for me was again how Vettel performed.

Bring on Spa and Monza!
I think the safety car was basically bad luck for Nico. He would have won by a fair margin without it. I don't really understand why he was so weird in that post-race interview where his face was so red, but it wasn't any weirder than Lewis' interview after Germany when he said it was 'obvious' why there wasn't a safety car. It kind of spoils it for me when the drivers are dirtbags in interviews, so I usually try to skip that.

Kimi had an above average race. He needs more, though.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:00 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
Don't recall Hammy ever deliberately take someone out in a strategic move to consolidate points. usually his stupidity and over aggression lead to him taking himself and others out, but it's not malicious in nature or as calculated as the old school racers that were mentioned before.
I agree but my point is, Lewis would have forced the issue if it was the other way around. The stronger minded individuals usually will win the battle. Nico had the better tires and should have been able to get past Lewis. If anything, Lewis had more to lose than Rosberg. Whenever its been the 2 of them dicing, Lewis has always come out on top. I have yet to see Rosberg make a ballsy move on track to pass Lewis. I had been rooting for Nico all this time but I can see, he is just not as determined as Lewis, Riccardo, Vellet or Alonso. It's little points here and there that will determine the championship.

We have seen a few championships lost by 1 point, so a difference between 3rd to 4th could become the deciding factor.

Think about both their mindset as they go into the break. Lewis is feeling great as he closed in on Nico, when he himself did not think it was possible. Nico, on the other hand has to mull on lost opportunity and beating his teammate. I would hate going into a 4 week break with that mindset.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:58 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,952 Likes on 1,747 Posts

I don't know Raj, if I were in Lewis' shoes, I wouldn't be too happy going into summer break knowing that the last two race weekends were compromised due to mechanical failure during Q1. Luckily for MB, they can start at the back of the pack every race and make it to the front without issue, but were it not for those DNFs in qualifying, Hamilton would probably be leading in the points.

Conversely, Rosberg can't be happy about his certain win at Hungary being taken away due to the safety cars and the overheating brake problem he suffered. But he has no business complaining about Hamilton holding him up as he wasn't even close to Lewis during that period and Lewis isn't going to lift and lose 2 seconds to let him through.

No one is going to touch the Mercedes boys at Spa and Monza and the championship is probably going to come down to mechanical reliability.

This would all be intriguing were it not for the double points race in Abu Dhabi. All this fighting for a point here or there can be moot based on that one race alone.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:04 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

This would all be intriguing were it not for the double points race in Abu Dhabi. All this fighting for a point here or there can be moot based on that one race alone.
+1 Million. Stupidest rule ever.

Quick Reply: 2014 Grand Prix of Hungary