Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

2014 Belgian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 02:38 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,383 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Any back story to these two last minute driver changes? I understand Max Chilton but Andre Lotterer is a little old to be climbing back into an F1. What is that about?
Old 08-21-2014, 02:54 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm not holding my breath. Of course Spa is an awesome track but last year's F1 race there was very boring.

Maybe, just maybe, both Hamilton and Rosberg will both qualify well and be able to race each other straight up.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:05 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
I was trying to pick Keke Rosberg and quickly realized I am getting old... not that old as I was just a wee lad when Keke was racing...

I settled for picking his son to win.
I'm with you, had Keke's Williams 1982 official pit jacket when I was a kid.

Originally Posted by pontifex4
I'm picking Botas.
Originally Posted by the flyin' scotsman
my absolute favourite race track.........cant wait for the action to start.

Botas for the win
Nitpicking a bit here but its Bottas guys... Two T's...

Originally Posted by Pete
+1. Kimi is a 4 time winnner at this track where Alonso has never won here, even in his championship years (although Spa did not host a race in 2006)
King of Spa might have a chance, I hope the horse is even nust a bit more to his liking although with current tires, it's not very likely.

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Any back story to these two last minute driver changes? I understand Max Chilton but Andre Lotterer is a little old to be climbing back into an F1. What is that about?
Money, money, money...
In Rossi's case it makes sense as he might become something and if anything else, deserves a chance but replacing Kamui with this old Lotterer guy... Stupid move to get some money, Caterham will,never go anywhere with this "strategy"...

Originally Posted by Astroman
I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm not holding my breath. Of course Spa is an awesome track but last year's F1 race there was very boring.

Maybe, just maybe, both Hamilton and Rosberg will both qualify well and be able to race each other straight up.
When was a last time Spa was a bore..?
Forget those two and focus behinds, will be great battles and with Bottas and Massa, maybe some surprises towards MB.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:18 PM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

In Rossi's case it makes sense as he might become something and if anything else, deserves a chance but replacing Kamui with this old Lotterer guy... Stupid move to get some money, Caterham will,never go anywhere with this "strategy"..
Don't think for a second Lotterer is paying for the drive. Arguably the top LMP1 driver today. Will be interesting to see how he does.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:19 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Nitpicking a bit here but its Bottas guys... Two T's...
Ha, I usually get the spellings from Ray's poll.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:46 AM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Astroman

Spa is heads and shoulders better then Monaco... and there is so much more hype about Monaco.

If I had the means, I would transport 6 huge yachts to Spa, find a spot for them in view of the track and fill them with provocatively dressed women sunning themselves on the deck... even if it was cold and rainy... just so people can't say the "atmosphere" is better in Monaco. ;-)
Old 08-22-2014, 12:47 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 80 Posts

Kimi traditionally comes alive at Spa. But I'm afraid he doesn't have enough magic to overcome his struggles with the Ferrari. This looks to be another run away for the Mercedes, unless we can get things shaken up with weather. I'm looking for Bottas to get his first win.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:06 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,742 Likes on 921 Posts

Another solid qualifying performance from Rosberg while Vettel puts his teammate down by more than a second. Rain: the great equalizer.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:08 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Another solid qualifying performance from Rosberg while Vettel puts his teammate down by more than a second. Rain: the great equalizer.
I think Ricciardo only ended up .2 behind Vettel, not a full second, but Alonso did have a full second on Kimi.

I think Massa will crash with Kimi on the first lap. Massa will then blame Kimi, no matter how far off track he pushes him beforehand.

I didn't watch qualifying, but did Hulkenburg really go out in Q1? I note that Lotterer isn't last, but he'll have his work cut out for him. I hope he can finish the race.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:59 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,742 Likes on 921 Posts

Originally Posted by pontifex4
I think Ricciardo only ended up .2 behind Vettel, not a full second, but Alonso did have a full second on Kimi.

I think Massa will crash with Kimi on the first lap. Massa will then blame Kimi, no matter how far off track he pushes him beforehand.

I didn't watch qualifying, but did Hulkenburg really go out in Q1? I note that Lotterer isn't last, but he'll have his work cut out for him. I hope he can finish the race.
Stand corrected. Was looking at Bottas' time when I typed that.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:01 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Rosberg was methodical and impressive today. Hamilton for all his talent, doesn't need much pressure for mistakes to start showing up, unless the "glazed front rotor" was legit.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:44 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Why do I have such a hankering for Carl's Jr./Hardee's?
Old 08-24-2014, 10:22 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

And here we go!

http://m.bbc.com/sport/formula1/28922696
Old 08-25-2014, 12:35 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,950 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Racing incident. Why is Lewis whining? Does he recall that he squeezed Nico off the track at Hungary the last race? Nico had had enough and was hell bent on holding his line which he did and gained 18 points on LH as a result but to say he did it deliberately and know he was going to cut his tire is disingenuous .

As there are only 7 races left, it appears that Lewis is the better racer but Nico the faster driver which i would not have said when this season began.

Meanwhile Ricciardo is there to pick up the win when something happens to the MB duo. Very impressive!
Old 08-25-2014, 12:37 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,950 Likes on 1,745 Posts

By the way Magnuson was penalized 20 second post race for the incident involving Alonso and falls out of the points as a result...

Quick Reply: 2014 Belgian Grand Prix