Sponsored by:

Fernando Alonso Documentary Last race with Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 12:07 AM
Rene
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fernando Alonso Documentary Last race with Ferrari

Great behind the scenes never seen stuff.

This is for those of you that need subtitles as this is all in Spanish & some Italian.

VR can't wait for your comments after watching.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:08 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 511 Likes on 188 Posts

Good video, thanks for posting! Couldn't find the second part with English subtitles, do you have a link by any chance?
Old 01-21-2015, 10:36 AM
Rene
Racer

No part 2 with subtitles yet.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:00 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Saw both parts today, excellent. A few things strike me after watching:
These guys have no life. They spend about 250 days of the year living in hotel rooms, no privacy at all, nearly every waking hour is filled with obligations, and with cameras shoved on their face. It would get old, really fast.
Alonso is loved and respected by the whole of the Ferrari organization, and more than a few rivals/competitors, despite what many here would believe.
The two time WDC has a very human side, comes out as very vulnerable at times during the documentary, also quite funny and candid.
My respect for the guy has grown exponentially. A must watch.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:57 AM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Wife and I watched on big screen last night. Very interesting. Please post if you find part 2 with subtitles. Thanks for posting
Old 01-22-2015, 12:13 PM
P_collector
Burning Brakes

absolutely...I fully agree with you. The price these guys pay for this lifestyle is high..just think back how it was 30-40 years ago, less meetings but a lot more danger..

What we also forget, people like verstappen vettel etc, had no youth, whereas others spend their youth time on the weekends in clubs, get drunk, fun etc, these guys were racing around the world, forced to find sponsors, sometimes weeks aways from home, cheap hotels etc. Geting to F1 is no luxury life...
Old 01-22-2015, 12:29 PM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by P_collector
absolutely...I fully agree with you. The price these guys pay for this lifestyle is high..just think back how it was 30-40 years ago, less meetings but a lot more danger..

What we also forget, people like verstappen vettel etc, had no youth, whereas others spend their youth time on the weekends in clubs, get drunk, fun etc, these guys were racing around the world, forced to find sponsors, sometimes weeks aways from home, cheap hotels etc. Geting to F1 is no luxury life...
+1
Old 01-22-2015, 04:27 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 79 Posts

Yeah, that's such a tough life eating at all the best restaurants, getting to drive the most advanced cars in the world, having thousands of fans adoring you wherever you go, and getting paid $40M a year.

Heck, I would be happy just to have my reserved parking space for me at the track!

It was a cool video though to get a glimpse of what it is like behind the scene. But like Fernando said, you can never really be yourself in the F1 world. There's too many eyes watching you when you do something that is not acceptable behavior.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:05 PM
liljohnny
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry if this is a repost....part 2 with english sub titles.
http://www.motorsport.com/all/video/...rari-part-2-2/
Old 01-22-2015, 09:10 PM
Rene
Racer

Thanks for part 2 got a buddy that doesn't speak Spanish!
Old 01-22-2015, 11:46 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 511 Likes on 188 Posts

Well done! Thank you!
Old 01-23-2015, 02:38 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow!

Just amazing. Now I am even a bigger fan.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:03 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,358 Likes on 1,613 Posts

Originally Posted by jbossolo
Saw both parts today, excellent. A few things strike me after watching:
These guys have no life. They spend about 250 days of the year living in hotel rooms, no privacy at all, nearly every waking hour is filled with obligations, and with cameras shoved on their face. It would get old, really fast.
Alonso is loved and respected by the whole of the Ferrari organization, and more than a few rivals/competitors, despite what many here would believe.
The two time WDC has a very human side, comes out as very vulnerable at times during the documentary, also quite funny and candid.
My respect for the guy has grown exponentially. A must watch.
Yeah, I feel for them. When you have 2 or 3 supermodels in your hotel room late at night they must be saying to themselves "what am I really doing with my life?!"

I think FA gets a bad rap. To be competitive you have to be somewhat of a jerk - there is no way around it. Everyone thought Vettel was some nice little german boy until he passed Webber against orders. One day Ricciardo will do the same thing.

Awesome video - thanks for posting pt 1 and 2.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:13 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Again, to clarify, if you had to spend every waking hour doing meetings, greets, interviews, etc, while constantly having a mike or camera shoved in your face, regardless of your level of exhaustion, day in and day out, for 250-plus days a year, trust me- no amount of money or ***** in the world will give you happiness. At least that's my opinion.

If you had "2 or 3 supermodels in your hotel room late at night", your driving would suck the next day, and you'd be out of a job real fast. These guys are committed to what they do. Very little time for fun stuff. They probably view it as "the cost of doing business", they put up with it in order to be able to do what they love, which is compete at that level, and get to drive those incredible machines.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:38 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,358 Likes on 1,613 Posts

Originally Posted by jbossolo
Again, to clarify, if you had to spend every waking hour doing meetings, greets, interviews, etc, while constantly having a mike or camera shoved in your face, regardless of your level of exhaustion, day in and day out, for 250-plus days a year, trust me- no amount of money or ***** in the world will give you happiness. At least that's my opinion.

If you had "2 or 3 supermodels in your hotel room late at night", your driving would suck the next day, and you'd be out of a job real fast. These guys are committed to what they do. Very little time for fun stuff. They probably view it as "the cost of doing business", they put up with it in order to be able to do what they love, which is compete at that level, and get to drive those incredible machines.
You may be right but I would love to find out the hard way!

And yeah, those super models can be really needy. No time for that!

Quick Reply: Fernando Alonso Documentary Last race with Ferrari