Sponsored by:

Aim Solo DL & Race Studio Analysis

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 01:50 AM
acao
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aim Solo DL & Race Studio Analysis

I've been using an Aim Solo DL since they first came out. I download my data to Race Studio 2, and still download to RS2 even though RS3 has been released.

From the beginning until very recently, my data would download so that each session would get its own entry as a Test, with laps within that Test. If I had 4 sessions on Saturday, that would download and appear as 4 separate Tests with individual laps therein.

Recently, my data now shows each DAY as its own Test, and the laps within are numbered to indicate session. If I had 4 sessions on Saturday, that would now download and appear as 1 Test entry (for Saturday), and the sessions and laps would appear therein as 1/1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, labeled as Run/Lap n.

Why the change? What's the consequence of the change? And is there a setting associated with this?
Old 07-02-2015, 01:57 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 772 Likes on 505 Posts

It's an option in how you download your data. When you are connected to your Solo DL and select download in RS2, on the right side of the popup window, there is a button for options. Select that and it lets you select how your file is named and whether to do each session as it's own file, each day as it's own, or all files with the same configuration.

With a single driver doing DE, one for the day can work very well. That lets you see your body of work for the day. If you have multiple drivers, IMHO, you really want each session to be their own so you can easily pull up a person's fast laps and data.

Normally, once you set the download option, it will stay that way. I'm guessing it changed with a software update.

You are correct in still using RS2 to download and analyze your data.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:39 AM
acao
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perfect, thanks.

Quick Reply: Aim Solo DL & Race Studio Analysis