2015 Hungarian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 11:04 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Same as Spa only that time Rosberg was behind and it was his fault. This time he's in front and it's still his fault. Funny.
Not quite. If you remember, at Spa he was completely behind Hammy after the pass, but was carrying more speed and drove into the back of Hammy's tire, cutting it down. Yesterday, he was passed by Ricciardo, and was given all of the track save the outside edge, and yet he tracked out over Ricciardo's wing. You are right about it always being his fault though.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:26 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,742 Likes on 921 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Not quite. If you remember, at Spa he was completely behind Hammy after the pass, but was carrying more speed and drove into the back of Hammy's tire, cutting it down. Yesterday, he was passed by Ricciardo, and was given all of the track save the outside edge, and yet he tracked out over Ricciardo's wing. You are right about it always being his fault though.
I recall Hamilton cutting across the track and hitting Rosberg's wing at Spa. Had Hamilton not used the full track at Spa (just as Rosberg did at Hungary yesterday), he wouldn't have made contact with Rosberg's wing. Or had Rosberg backed off or moverd off track at Spa, which he didn't just as Ricciardo didn't yesterday, then there wouldn't have been contact.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:39 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 402 Likes on 209 Posts

If every race were like this, I wouldn't bitch as much about F1!

I thought Vettel's checkered flag words about Jules were very thoughtful.

Vettel and Hammy are both awesome and fight to the end. Poor Kimi. I wish these cars weren't so damned technical. It's like you're waiting for a mechanical to happen.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:43 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Coochas
Vettel and Hammy are both awesome and fight to the end. Poor Kimi. I wish these cars weren't so damned technical. It's like you're waiting for a electronics failure to happen.
Fixed it
Old 07-27-2015, 11:56 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was hot yesterday during the race (it always seems to be hot in Hungary this time of year) and we saw in Malaysia how the Ferrari cars performed better when it was hot though tire degradation did not appear to be a huge problem for the other teams yesterday as it was in Malaysia. But clearly the secret to beating the Mercs is to get in front of them at the start of the race as their aero advantage is greatly diminished when they need to follow traffic (just the reality for all teams in F1).

Too bad Raikkonen had problems. He was clearly on his way to an easy 2nd place finish.

As far as the Ricciardo versus Hamilton and Rosberg issues. Well as Daniel said in the post race interviews "He wasn't going to leave anything out there on the track this day". He took chances trying to pass both Mercs and paid the price for it. Hard to say if he could have beaten Vettel if he had not tangled with both Mercs as they were just never close enough to know for sure. But I viewed his incident with Rosberg as a racing incident. Ricciardo dive bombed Rosberg going into turn #1, but Rosberg also tried to squeeze the Aussie coming out of the turn and those front wings while fragile are like razor blades when they get close to the side wall of the rear tires. Rosberg should have known better. But both drivers were racing and well that is what we the fans want to see. Give the Red Bull a better engine and they would likely have won that race. But the 2015 Renault power plant is a lemon compared to the Mercedes and Ferrari.

Definitely an entertaining race. But I fear the Mercs will be back dominating most of the races moving forward and I can't see Rosberg beating Hamilton. Hamilton had a tough day yesterday, but he is still the better driver of the two Mercs, and the Mercs are still the dominate car in the field.

Last edited by My993C2; 07-27-2015 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:21 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

http://blog.axisofoversteer.com/2015...lue-mercs.html
Old 07-27-2015, 12:25 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 402 Likes on 209 Posts

Fixed it
True dat.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:55 PM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by Coochas
If every race were like this, I wouldn't bitch as much about F1!

I thought Vettel's checkered flag words about Jules were very thoughtful.

Vettel and Hammy are both awesome and fight to the end. Poor Kimi. I wish these cars weren't so damned technical. It's like you're waiting for a mechanical to happen.
Well... you summed up the race too well.... so +1!
Old 07-27-2015, 02:12 PM
PPo
Drifting

Okay I lied... I have more to say.

1) Maldonado... I don't know what to say. At least he makes it somewhat interesting to watch, but if there has ever been anybody in F1 who has showed over a period of a few years that they pose a risk to other drivers it is certainly Pastor. Like Coulthard said during the race: "...it's time to have a long look in the mirror."

2) Obviously they knew something we didn't, but I don't understand why Mercedes decided to put Rosberg on the harder tire for his last stop. I didn't see the qualifying, but was he out of tires? (I strongly believe the tire allocation for qualifying and the race needs to change to ensure better racing to the END of the race.)

3) Forza Ferrari!!!!

4) Alonso and Button in the points! Wow...

5) Ricardo! Wow... Always impresses...

6) Can't wait for Spa!!! Keep this excitement up F1!! Please?
Old 07-27-2015, 02:52 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Well that takes care of the Vettel prognosticators. Finally an exciting race. Tough break for Rosberg.
Glad you're happy. Keep in mind that the ONLY reason your boy won is because both Mercs botched up their start, and Hammy managed to crash as well, went from 1st to 10th in 1 lap. If either one of the Mercs had a good start, it'd be a VERY different race.

Ferrari have done their homework, no doubt. It's good to see them back in the game, of sorts. Keep in mind, they're still about 1 second off pace compared to the Mercs. The ONLY way they can ****** a win is if the Mercs **** it up, or they have a mechanical failure. If you're proud of that, great.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:33 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jbossolo
Glad you're happy. Keep in mind that the ONLY reason your boy won is because both Mercs botched up their start, and Hammy managed to crash as well, went from 1st to 10th in 1 lap. If either one of the Mercs had a good start, it'd be a VERY different race.

Ferrari have done their homework, no doubt. It's good to see them back in the game, of sorts. Keep in mind, they're still about 1 second off pace compared to the Mercs. The ONLY way they can ****** a win is if the Mercs **** it up, or they have a mechanical failure. If you're proud of that, great.
Not my boy - check my voting record. I just respect talent and clearly he has it, along with a lot of others on the grid, as well as a better work ethic and attitude than some give him credit for.

No doubt Ferrari and others have a ways to go to catch MB over a season, but I'd say they smoked MB fair and square yesterday.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:34 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Crap now I may have to buy USGP tickets. Just when I was thinking this season was insanely boring they go and make it interesting to watch.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:26 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,946 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Originally Posted by jbossolo

Never understood why it's hard to give credit where credit is due... Vettel had a bad year last year at RBR and his car seemed to have a lot more problems than Ricciardo. Conversely, Ricciardo was better than advertised coming from the junior team.

People used to hate Vettel because he was winning with the best car on grid. This year he doesn't have the best car on grid and has out qualified his WDC teammate and managed to win 2 GPs by midseason. He out dragged both Mercs to T1 and built a healthy gap, managed a SC period and still won -- He wasn't gifted that race yesterday. What more do people want from him?
Old 07-27-2015, 11:48 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Great race, nice video of SV with his crew being one of the boys even though he's not.

I only see jbossolo's snipes when quoted, I see nothing's changed.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:08 AM
RallyeChris
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 62 Posts

Fixed it
So true. Hobbs never gets the chance to say "kablamo" anymore. Instead, it's "control/alt/delete".

Quick Reply: 2015 Hungarian Grand Prix