2015 Hungarian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 10:17 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2015 Hungarian Grand Prix

Hungaroring....who will win? (Sorry for not getting this up sooner)
Old 07-24-2015, 10:25 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My head says Hamilton, but my heart says SATO!
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:33 AM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

Red Bull are running strong this weekend...........picked Riccardo to mix it up.

The heat may affect the tyres once they get well into the race.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:14 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,742 Likes on 921 Posts

Vettel says goodbye to mechanics before he leaves the Hungaroring friday night around 11 PM.

Old 07-26-2015, 12:36 AM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

wow.......the man is beyond dedicated
Old 07-26-2015, 11:08 AM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

now that was a RACE!!!!
Old 07-26-2015, 11:12 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jbossolo
Biggest winners here IMO are Ricciardo and Kimi. Ric will cement his #1 status at RBR and continue to draw attention from other top teams, as a potential WDC. Kimi will again look fast next to Vettel next year. Alonso will drive the stink out of whatever he gets into.

As for Vettel, I predicted it at the beginning of the season, and his fanboys here said I was an idiot, that he'd never do that. So much for that. BTW, I really can't see the logic in his decision. Even with all this year's problems, the RBR chassis is way better than the Ferrari. He says he wants a challenge, presumably bringing Ferrari back from the brink, but he's never proven to be a great "development" pilot, as say Schumi, or Alonso. As a matter of fact, he's flat out struggled with developing this year's RBR (while his far less experienced teammate has not), so what makes him think that it'd be any different at Ferrari?

My prediction? Vettel will see a VERY long dry spell at Ferrari, may never win another race, let alone a WDC. Cue the fanboys...
Well that takes care of the Vettel prognosticators. Finally an exciting race. Tough break for Rosberg.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:44 PM
Thundermoose
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Great race!
Old 07-26-2015, 07:57 PM
Spinout
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow. A very exciting F1 race right from the start. It's becoming apparent if you can beat the Silver Stars off the grid, you can win the race. Hammy had a bunch of bad luck but still finished top 10. A little over aggressiveness got him in trouble right away but still got back in it even with a penalty. Rosberg, OTOH. I'm growing tired of his excuses. He claimed ' the corner was his' after Ricciardo's hard charge and Ricciardo should have given him the line as he crashed into the Red Bull's nose slashing his tire. Boo hoo poor Nico.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:06 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 104 Posts

Outstanding race, especially on a track that doesn't provide for much passing. As much excitement from the passes that worked as those that didn't. A real mix of mechanicals, red mist, bonehead moves and great wheel to wheel racing.

And yes, not leaving Hamilton in clean air is key.

Cheers

Matt
Old 07-26-2015, 08:14 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The spirit of Sato was strong with this race.

Vettel showed how much he has grown in his cockpit comments after the checkered flag. Jules is smiling.

NBCSN is happy that there is more competitive teams.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:37 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spinout
Wow. A very exciting F1 race right from the start. It's becoming apparent if you can beat the Silver Stars off the grid, you can win the race. Hammy had a bunch of bad luck but still finished top 10. A little over aggressiveness got him in trouble right away but still got back in it even with a penalty. Rosberg, OTOH. I'm growing tired of his excuses. He claimed ' the corner was his' after Ricciardo's hard charge and Ricciardo should have given him the line as he crashed into the Red Bull's nose slashing his tire. Boo hoo poor Nico.
Nico is a spoiled whiney little brat. The camera shows that he slide over into Ricciardo, just like Hammy did on the restart, except that Hammy is man enough to own up to it, and accept the penalty without complaining.

I'm amazed at the way Ricciardo's Red Bull held up after being smacked around 3 times. And it looks like it all worked out with Kvyatt letting Ricciardo past. Red Bull seems to have things going for them, all except maybe 80 more HP.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:04 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

Such a shame that both the Mercs really affected Ricci's race. If Nico had have been a bit more sporting we would have seen Dan really push Vettel to the end. Can't believe how well he did after another crap start and having the hell beaten out of his car through that race. Don't forget Bottas sent him skywards at the exit of T1 as well. He didn't owe Kvyat that place either. Unlucky.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:44 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spinout
Rosberg, OTOH. I'm growing tired of his excuses. He claimed ' the corner was his' after Ricciardo's hard charge and Ricciardo should have given him the line as he crashed into the Red Bull's nose slashing his tire. Boo hoo poor Nico.
Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Nico is a spoiled whiney little brat. The camera shows that he slide over into Ricciardo, just like Hammy did on the restart, except that Hammy is man enough to own up to it, and accept the penalty without complaining.
Same as Spa only that time Rosberg was behind and it was his fault. This time he's in front and it's still his fault. Funny.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:44 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,946 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Great race with a lot of twists and turns. These drivers and teams know is so hard to beat MB that it's great to see the sincere joy when someone other than Mercedes wins.

Nico was having balance issues all through the weekend and it showed with him being .6 off of Hamilton in qualifying that he was never going to win the race. Vettel in the Ferrari was as dominant as we've seen someone in a Ferrari for a long time and deserved the win especially after having his lead cut with the SC period. It's a shame about Kimi because seeing a Ferrari 1-2 would have been huge!

The maturation of Hamilton as a racing driver is complete. He used to be the first one to bitch about the team errors in the past, but when the team f'ed up Monaco, he didn't say a word and when he made mistake after mistake yesterday, he apologized to the team in the middle of the race. His race engineer did a great job and getting his head back in the game and telling him that points were only 10 seconds ahead of him and to go get them. Great team work.

Conversely, it was nice to hear Kimi's race engineer apologize to him for the troubles the Ferrari was having. With his seat on the line, it can't be easy for Kimi when it's not his fault he's not finishing races.

Was it a coincidence that Newey was back in the garage and the Red Bulls showed incredible pace? Has McLaren turned the corner?

The only thing that could have been better yesterday was seeing 17 year old Verstappen on the podium.

Spa should be interesting...

Quick Reply: 2015 Hungarian Grand Prix