Sponsored by:

road america race

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 11:41 PM
certz
Three Wheelin'

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts
Default road america race

This was a very serious incident with many damaged cars that will almost definitely not be able to be repaired. Life Flight took one driver away who apparently had a head and spline injury. I, for one, hope he is okay and fully recovers and do not care about the above squable about who can and cannot drive a cup car.

Be safe out there.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:56 AM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by surathdp

There was some poor driving out there this weekend. There was rookie in GTC6 cup spinning all over the place. Two cars nearly hit me sprint one. Cars being over driven.
I'm the rookie and I only spun one time all weekend at 14 during practice Friday. Went off harmlessly into the grass and continued on. Sorry I try not to ever spin again
Old 09-07-2015, 09:07 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 771 Posts

Nice driving, Josh! Great lap times...
Old 09-07-2015, 09:29 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Very sobering to see all the wrecked cars together at the tech center. Never lose sight that $hit happens and that safety equipment is of prime importance.

That said, I finally got a good appreciation of RA and it will now be a fixture in my calendar: What a place; the whole experience.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:38 AM
MSR Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 109 Posts

Sorry if I offended anyone. Just disappointed at wrecks and offs and yellows the whole weekend. Cut into time on track and fun
Old 09-07-2015, 11:24 AM
GG Allin
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

They've elevated and graded the area back between the kink and Canada corner. There used to be very little to see back here, great place to watch now.

Old 09-07-2015, 02:05 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,391 Likes on 2,510 Posts

Originally Posted by surathdp
Sorry if I offended anyone. Just disappointed at wrecks and offs and yellows the whole weekend. Cut into time on track and fun
I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you were at a different event. You were dead wrong about Spartan, and I suspect you are wrong about this statement too. Or maybe I'm wrong because I was so busy Saturday and Sunday gridding cars for the sprints.

I hope the injured drivers from yesterday will be OK soon, and I hope the Enduro races today are competitive and safe.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:45 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 94 Posts

Great race with Josh in second sprint nose to tail whole time. Unfortunately is was usually my nose to his tail!

And my video camera memory was full so I got none of the race :-(

Looking forward to next time.

Frankly I was expecting more out of myself than a 16.3... IMSA cup times are 4+ seconds faster. I guess I am ready to admit I may need a coach!
Old 09-07-2015, 04:49 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Let me think...I may know of one...
Old 09-07-2015, 06:33 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Let me think...I may know of one...
Well I changed my mind. I rechecked data and it was a 16.2. So now I don't need a coach. Haha.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:27 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RSRRacer
Well I changed my mind. I rechecked data and it was a 16.2. So now I don't need a coach. Haha.

Well, if you lose that extra tenth again, get in touch! A couple of my clients set a new track record at RA this weekend...
Old 09-07-2015, 08:27 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Dave is a great coach but the yoko gt3 guys were running 13.5s.

I went to the track twice in the last 40 days before this event and I think the track was 2 seconds off this weekend, just my opinion.

Everyone in the yellow enduro behaved. Not one caution.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:48 PM
GMP911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GG Allin
They've elevated and graded the area back between the kink and Canada corner. There used to be very little to see back here, great place to watch now.

Great new spot - bring your ear plugs for the pro level cars
Old 09-07-2015, 11:03 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great race with Josh in second sprint nose to tail whole time. Unfortunately is was usually my nose to his tail!

And my video camera memory was full so I got none of the race :-(

Looking forward to next time.

Frankly I was expecting more out of myself than a 16.3... IMSA cup times are 4+ seconds faster.
It sure was fun racing with you! Never driven my mirrors so much before, good thing for me it was only short race You will get me next time I'm sure.

I was parked with one of the cars that was unfortunatly involved in the big incident. He was rear ended at speed when at a full stop and was able to walk away even after his car flipped. Thanks to the RA workers for taking care of him and the gentlemen that was air lifted out, our prayers go out to him.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:16 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Just got back home to Virginia. What a fantastic event again this year. Thank you to all the PCA staff that did such a wonderful job putting on a great show.

Very sorry to hear about the gentleman injured in the big crash. I hope he recovers fully.

As for the races going off so well, thank you to Road America staff for doing hot pulls -- I never ran under double yellow all weekend in both my E class car and my GT2 class car (I did double duty in the sprints). The only stoppage was, of course, the red/black flag for the major incident mentioned above. I was 3 cars behind the initial wall slapper at the Kink, slowed and drove by him and then saw in my mirror all hell break loose.

Great to see again all the old racing friends from all over.

As for me and my cars, tough weekend. Diff failed and then 3rd gear broke in E car. Couldn't get car around the turns. Diff got progressively worse as weekend went along while Evan and Buckley and Hupfer and everyone else got faster, I got slower. Then lost 3rd gear.

Having wrecked my GT3 here last year, this was the first time back on track after repairs and it did not handle well at all. SO much so that I could barely keep it on the track so I eventually parked it so as not to become another crash. I'll get it dialed in at track day and then bring it back to a PCA race.

Thanks again for everyone driving nicely and the PCA staff for all their efforts.

Quick Reply: road america race