why is that matt? expand for us...
Old 11-23-2015, 11:35 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisFL
Im wondering if its better to start with a GT4 then switch to PDK tranny than a GTS and swap engines. I'm sure you can get BGB, Napleton, GMG, etc to price it out and see if Porsche is really overcharging its customers. I dont see why a prepped BGB or GMG car can't compete in the same series....

There is no way I see any team building a street GT4 for less than the price of this Club sport. It's the detail work that Porsche does that you don't necessarily see, not to mention they have sorted and tested the car thoroughly, and that alone can save you $20K+ in testing fees, tires, fuel, crew.

Like many have said before, this is a feeder car for drivers looking to step up into a Pro or top Amateur Series like Conti GS or Pirelli Drivers Cup and if you want something already dialed in, this is your car.

$100K for a GT4........you will spend at least $65K to get it to the level of prep and development of the CB.
If someone wanted GMG to build them a car out of a GT4, I would tell them no and recommend getting a CS and spend time testing with data and coaching and then competing against other spec cars (this CS) with the focus on prep, setup and driver.

We have one car coming to GMG as of right now and I would offer the opportunity to rent the car for a race or 2 in Gregs Pirelli Drivers Cup if someone was interested. It won't be cheap but it will be arrive and drive with full data, coaching and all inclusive.

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 11-24-2015, 12:18 AM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Geneman
why is that matt? expand for us...
Why would this car be any different? Racers have been pulling Cup lsds and replacing with ours for two decades. Not everyone believes ours is better but a number of people do. Such will be the case at the pro level though I am sure it will be banned in the PCA. But if there's half a second or even a second to be had with a tunable LSD, you can bet the teams will explore the option. There were only 2 Porsches in Conti last year that weren't running my units.

There has been speculation that this car was getting a PDK-s with e-diff and PTV+. We don't support that gearbox. But if it's just the Cayman box with tweeks I've got a diff for it.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:32 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,742 Likes on 921 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
And the gt4 PDK is a 6spd Motorsports gearbox. Not the same as the street 7spd. I think once more details on this gearbox come out people are going to be pretty impressed with it.
One detail is that it's still using the dual-mass flywheel.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:40 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Old 11-24-2015, 09:47 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,890 Likes on 1,695 Posts

Originally Posted by James-GMG
Like many have said before, this is a feeder car for drivers looking to step up into a Pro or top Amateur Series like Conti GS or Pirelli Drivers Cup.
I do not see any problem with PMNA selling everyone they make. Including for the PCA series... The level of interest is high and the commitments already made are sufficient...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 02-25-2016, 08:02 AM
Stealth#31
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
Yep.

Say you own a 996 Cup or 997.1, or even a GTB class car. And you want to move up to race in pwc or conti in a few years. You buy this car, race it in pca and still have something that is elligible in those pro series for another 3 years without buying a new car. Its not intended as a club racing car. It is intended as a feeder car to the next level.
Agree.... That is the goal !!!
Old 05-10-2016, 03:17 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

What are the contingency dollars available in this class? Either Porsche or tire manufacturers throwing in $ for podium?
Old 05-10-2016, 04:53 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

It's interesting, there appears to be an abundance of these cars stateside (judging by the number of shops advertising them) but apparently the pro teams in Europe can't get their hands on them. Some teams who had already announced intentions to race have had to cancel or change their plans for the season.

Quick Reply: PCA Club Racing to host new Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport race series in 2016