Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

2015 US Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 02:54 PM
LoanWolf
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jbossolo
Did you guys see post-race, when Lewis threw Nico the "#2" cap? Nico's reaction was priceless. What a *****!

http://youtu.be/c1QtORDlwwk
Seems to me that Hamilton wanted to rub a little salt in Rosberg's wound by tossing the #2 cap in his face...not sure whether that was Hamilton's intent, but I don't really blame Rosberg for tossing it back at Hamilton...
Old 10-26-2015, 03:28 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,433 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by LoanWolf
Seems to me that Hamilton wanted to rub a little salt in Rosberg's wound by tossing the #2 cap in his face...not sure whether that was Hamilton's intent, but I don't really blame Rosberg for tossing it back at Hamilton...
IMO, a dick move on both their parts...
Old 10-26-2015, 04:18 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor

But Lewis started it.
Children.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:38 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by CCA
It was a decent race. The safety cars saved it by keeping the racing somewhat tight throughout the race. I will say I grow very tired of Leigh Diffey yelling out everything little thing going on. Wish he would shut up or at least calm down a bit or they should dump his ***. He's just too much. His yelling doesn't "make" the racing exciting, it should do that on its' own.
I noticed that too....I used to feel the same way about Buxton; he drove me crazy. He seems to have calmed down just a bit...maybe he's drinking less Red Bull.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:54 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I agree that it was definitely not a polite move, but given all he crap that has transpired between them through these past couple of years, it was probably a "Here's your loser cap" moment. A dog marking his territory kind of deal.

And as Ali used to say- "It's not bragging if you can do it", so...
Old 10-26-2015, 05:56 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I also love that expression of Hammy at the end, like- "What?"
Funny.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:04 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was there, what a weekend!
It was positively brutal as conditions go, and it took all the strength I had not to change my flights and get the hell out of there. The forecasts gave no hope and I've never seen so much rain in my life.
The facility though, as you guys know, is unbelievable. I've never seen a race track like that, and I've been to a few GPs. Just fantastic.
We snuck into the historic paddock and had some great conversations with the crews, but when those cars hit the track it was a parade behind the pace car, they never got to race. Historic F1 is starting to look like a spec series, every single car was a Cosworth although they sounded better than the current.
As for the SuperCups, Race 1 was cancelled but they came out and put on a great show on Sunday. Those cars also sound better than the F1's. Their teams were also very professional, quite a series.
In the end, the GP guys tried to qualify on Sunday morning, Saturday was a total bust, and they did so in heavy rain, Q3 was cancelled. I doubt Nico would have stayed on pole. Finally, it cleared for the race, we had great seats and were rewarded with one of the most thrilling GP's in a long time. Action throughout the race and the field.
The contact at T1 was only the beginning, Nico got smoked again, but did play it very well and get back to the front, then controlled the restarts well to stay there, but I have to believe that Lewis would have hunted him down anyway, and then he totally choked when he got loose right in front of us, as he's done before. He doesn't hold up like Lewis does under pressure. You'd think he'd congratulate his teammate for essentially blowing his doors off all season but no; he's a spoiled sore loser who could really take a lesson on grace from a guy like Barrichello.
Seb was the man for me, charging from 13th and actually getting into the lead briefly, he was visibly faster than anyone on the "Hockenheim" section in front of us and set a bunch of fastest laps. If not for the last safety car he was on a charge and might have won if the leaders had to pit under green.
Sad story was Alonso. That car sounded like crap all weekend and even though he was up to fifth in the last ten laps he faded almost to last, leading only Rossi home. For all the hype, Rossi did manage to finish, and was faster than his teammate, but not much else.
Oh, and the Red Bulls, I have no idea, but they were step for step with the Merc's for a long time, Kvyat was very impressive, and Riccardo I thought was playing it perfectly, but they tanked in the end.
I was fed up with the conditions and mud so I didn't stay for Elton. I've seen him enough times under much more tolerable circumstances.
A memorable weekend, but it took all the patience I had.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:42 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 887 Likes on 537 Posts

Best race this year to watch on TV. A friend of mine was a marshall at turn 2- said that was an experience! Got to run out and pick up debris, including a wing end plate from one of the Manors.

Watching the horsing around during the Qualy dead time was actually kind of fun, as was Sam Posey's history of American F1 over the years though I always hate thinking of Mark's fateful return...
Attached Images  
Old 10-26-2015, 10:32 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope he gets to keep that, we noticed that it was a cool piece, when it was on the car
Old 10-26-2015, 11:16 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Maybe so but one dick move does not require another dick move in return. Rosberg could have come out ahead but instead he looked and acted like a baby.

I think Nico is a talented driver. More talent than Webber. But, his little boy attitude is why he has lost the WDC. Did anybody bother to look at Vettel? He said congratulations and when you saw his face afterwards you saw steely resolve to win next year. With Nico, you saw a guy looking for his blankey and a place to huddle with it and suck his thumb.

Hamilton went out and grabbed victory and the WDC by the short and curlies. Rosberg expected it to be given to him. This is a competition, nobody is going to give it to you.

I expect Hamilton actually listened to Mansell, Stewart and Lauda when they offered advice.

Next year Nico will have Lewis, Vettel, and maybe Kimi to fight with.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:01 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 401 Likes on 208 Posts

Old 10-27-2015, 12:07 AM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Last year a pulled for Nico to beat Lewis. This year they have not shown as much distain for each other, but Nico just comes across "plastic" and I'm less impressed by him. However, as poorly as he acted Sunday, at least he didn't go all Kurt or Kyle Busch dropping F-bombs and pushing cameramen.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:32 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas

This was a dick move by Hamilturd. There was plenty of space for him to make the turn and not try and push Nicco off the track, but he chose to do it anyway. If I were Nicco I'd just crash this jackass out a couple of times to teach him not to f**k with me, and at the same time keep him from scoring points as an added bonus.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:50 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
This was a dick move by Hamilturd. There was plenty of space for him to make the turn and not try and push Nicco off the track, but he chose to do it anyway. If I were Nicco I'd just crash this jackass out a couple of times to teach him not to f**k with me, and at the same time keep him from scoring points as an added bonus.
^this

Seems to me like Mercedes is very happy to have mr diamond ear ring in the winners circle.
I have no problem with Nico being pissed and really upset with himself after the race. To me disappointment and frustration is the counterpart of drive/hunger will to win. Hopefully he can run Hamilton of the track during these last few races of the year.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:18 AM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Imagine the chaos if the first corner incident was the reverse... Nico pushing Hamilton out of the way.

I think the first corner incident was negated when Rosberg had a tank slapper and lost the lead AGAIN! I wonder what the management at Mercedes is saying about the whole race and incidents.

Perhaps Rosberg actually believed he was going to win the title this year. We think he is being a baby because we all knew it was inevitable. He certainly has tactical focus, but loses with long term strategy.

IMHO, Rosberg should have pulled a Schumacher Chop from the very start... but he is too much of a ***** to do so.

Rosberg NEEDS to crash Hamilton out the next 2 races to win the drivers championship next year. He needs to put the doubt in Hamilton...

Quick Reply: 2015 US Grand Prix