0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

2016 Austrian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 04:11 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A brake by wire failure inables you to turn the steering wheel? Lol. Clear hunting for contact by Rosberg. He was hoping to disable both cars. Poor acting.
Old 07-03-2016, 06:29 PM
Glyndellis
Pro

Received 140 Likes on 95 Posts

Looks like Rosberg was trying to re-enact his hero's (Schumacher) actions from Adelaide 1994.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:42 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Nico got a 10 second penalty and a reprimand for driving a damaged car at end of the race.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:52 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,435 Likes on 768 Posts

WTF is wrong with those two yutzes?

All that talent and still, zero judgement.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:03 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,946 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor

I don't think you can pin the collision on Hamilton. He was outside and gave a wide berth to Nico. That being said, Hamiltons whining to his race engineer for EVERYTHInG is getting old. The team told him he was on the right tires for the end of the race and they were spot on. If Nico held that corner where they crashed, Hamilton would have still got him somewhere else, the pace was far better than Nicos
Old 07-03-2016, 09:07 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CFGT3
I don't think you can pin the collision on Hamilton. He was outside and gave a wide berth to Nico. That being said, Hamiltons whining to his race engineer for EVERYTHInG is getting old. The team told him he was on the right tires for the end of the race and they were spot on. If Nico held that corner where they crashed, Hamilton would have still got him somewhere else, the pace was far better than Nicos
You can swap the names back and forth at will. These airheads pull this crap and/or hit each other about every other race. Seriously...THAT'S what is getting old.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:49 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor

Probably the same thing as Senna and Prost. These guys are paid the insanely big bucks to win. They are not alone in acting like a dick. Look at Schumacher, Prost, Senna, the majority of NASCAR drivers and countless amateurs.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:45 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by FGL28
Probably the same thing as Senna and Prost. These guys are paid the insanely big bucks to win. They are not alone in acting like a dick. Look at Schumacher, Prost, Senna, the majority of NASCAR drivers and countless amateurs.
It does remind me of Senna & Prost, with Hamilton playing the Senna role. Like Senna, Schumacher and the other great ones, Hamilton will not be intimidated and Rosberg should know that. Just ask Massa.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:15 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
It does remind me of Senna & Prost, with Hamilton playing the Senna role. Like Senna, Schumacher and the other great ones, Hamilton will not be intimidated and Rosberg should know that. Just ask Massa.
I see it the same way....

I don't mind. The entertainment level is high!
Old 07-04-2016, 12:25 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,378 Likes on 1,620 Posts

Originally Posted by FGL28
Everyone acts surprised when stuff like this happen. Why?

Type A+ drivers plus millions of dollars at stake guarantees this type of behavior.

Even at the club level this kind of stuff goes on and it is for a sticker or a piece of plastic!
Old 07-04-2016, 01:02 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Everyone acts surprised when stuff like this happen. Why?

Type A+ drivers plus millions of dollars at stake guarantees this type of behavior.

Even at the club level this kind of stuff goes on and it is for a sticker or a piece of plastic!
Agreed. There is a WDC up for grabs for who is best on this team. Don't see how you could expect anything less.
Old 07-04-2016, 05:54 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by StoogeMoe
I love the fact that Nico gave it to the Hamster the same way he got it at Montreal. I don't like that he said Lewis turned down on me. Those guys don't know how to race each other!

Way to go Wehrlein! What an incredible result for Manor.

Max bests his teammate again. I guess those doubters have left the forum.

Poor Seb. Not a great way to celebrate your birthday.
Not sure how many doubters abound re Max. DanRic did have some power and cooling problems with his car. Don't know about Max's though. Thinking Max may just turn out to be one of the greats perhaps. So young to be that good. Massive future lies ahead. As for DanRic, he just needs a bit of luck going his way otherwise this is going to turn into Vettel / Webber all over again with all the warts that came during that era.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:24 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Hmmm. Of course they are vying for WDC etc. But one would think that, by now, these clowns would have figured out how to challenge and pass each other without the amateur hour major contact usually reserved for K1 karting places and back-of-the-pack NASA/SCCA/PCA racing

This is supposed to he the pinnacle of motorsports. These guys create the perception that that they both have appalling judgement.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:16 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,742 Likes on 921 Posts

That was entertaining...
Old 07-04-2016, 03:59 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 83 Posts

I am hoping for Rosberg to win the WDC this year (nothing against Hamilton, just that he already has three and it would be nice to see Rosberg take one).

However, yesterday I can't see Hamilton with any fault... He has driven close to the edge with Rosberg in the past, but this time was not one of those cases.

Verstappen drove another very good race. I think Daniel is one of the very fastest there is, and a proven good racer. So for Max to race this well in comparison is really something. I do think that Daniel will still have his times this year. At this stage, he is out-qualifying Max, but I'm sure it will get closer as Max develops and learns the RB car more. Some of the Sky pundits were suggesting that RB could have the best driver line up going right now, and I think that may be the case... Super-fast Daniel and "star of the future" Max...

Would have been interesting to see how Vettel would have fared if the tire hadn't blown up. I think a few more laps and they would have been in one-stop territory.

Quick Reply: 2016 Austrian Grand Prix