Sponsored by:

Price Reduced on Bosch Motorsport M4 Clubsport ABS

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 11:04 AM
autometrics
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price Reduced on Bosch Motorsport M4 Clubsport ABS

The price on the Bosch Motorsport M4 Clubsport ABS System has been reduced to $6700 for 2017.

The Clubsport system features the same control unit, pump and performance as the "custom" systems, but uses a universal harness. We have installed a few of these systems, and the only downside is there will be excess wire in a few places that needs to be coiled and tucked-away. For most applications, it is a fair compromise compared to the cost and wait-time of a custom harness.

Bosch Motorsport ABS M4 Kit Clubsport

Autometrics Motorsports is a Bosch Motorsport Authorized Dealer.
Please visit our website for more information
Old 01-13-2017, 12:38 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,061 Posts

can this be adapted to the street 997GT cars with the included harness?
Old 01-13-2017, 06:30 PM
autometrics
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, it is a stand-alone unit with universal harness that can be adapted to nearly any application.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:58 AM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 108 Posts

Is there a way to quantify how big of a difference that the Bosch M4 makes over a stock 996 ABS?
Old 01-14-2017, 09:28 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 809 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
can this be adapted to the street 997GT cars with the included harness?
You should be able to but you will likely lose your tach and odometer as the Bosch M4 requires access to your 4 wheel speed sensors. Therefore, this only works for manual cars as the PDK requires the wheel speed sensors.

Originally Posted by Slakker
Is there a way to quantify how big of a difference that the Bosch M4 makes over a stock 996 ABS?
It really depends why you need it. The unit allows you to eliminate ice mode as you start running more aggressive pads or run differential front/rear compounds that change brake bias or modify front/rear tire diameter ratio from stock. I've been running this ABS for three years and we are now running custom pads and special ABS maps with good success - but it's been a long journey.

Will it defy the laws of physics - no!
Old 01-15-2017, 10:38 PM
JarheadGT3
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
You should be able to but you will likely lose your tach and odometer as the Bosch M4 requires access to your 4 wheel speed sensors.
Frank, can you expand on that comment? Specifically what's the risk to tach/odometer? Are the wheel speed sensors no longer talking to CAN?
Old 01-15-2017, 10:45 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NC_Boostaholic
Are the wheel speed sensors no longer talking to CAN?
Correct - the sensor go directly to the ABS. I've never seen it installed any other way other than for the GT4 Clubsport which has a splitter but that's not the same system as the M4 race ABS.

This has been my experience as a user. Maybe somebody that installs these things can chime in.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:58 PM
JarheadGT3
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct - the sensor go directly to the ABS. I've never seen it installed any other way other than for the GT4 Clubsport which has a splitter but that's not the same system as the M4 race ABS.

This has been my experience as a user. Maybe somebody that installs these things can chime in.
Interesting. I'm considering one of these systems for my .1 GT3. Will definitely have to research this...make sure I'm not cutting off my nose to spite my face.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:20 AM
facelvega
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 58 Posts

You should be able to but you will likely lose your tach and odometer as the Bosch M4 requires access to your 4 wheel speed sensors. Therefore, this only works for manual cars as the PDK requires the wheel speed sensors.
I had looked at this a few years back, fighting ice mode on the 987 Cayman and 997 GT3, but the unit was too spendy....

Will take another look with the reduced price. My plan was to twin the wheel speed sensors. The wheel speed sensor is a cheap part. It goes into a hole in the wheel carrier, and watches the axle (rear) or nut(front) go around in circles. My thought was that I could simply drill another hole in the wheel carrier, and put in another wheel speed sensor dedicated to the M4 ABS. This would leave all the OEM systems in place. Did not buy one, so no idea if this would actually work...
Old 01-16-2017, 05:46 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is ice mode still a problem in the newer cars, or has Porsche addressed and solved it? Anyone know?
Old 01-16-2017, 06:15 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Land Jet
Is ice mode still a problem in the newer cars, or has Porsche addressed and solved it? Anyone know?
Ice mode is not an issue with cars running stock brakes and street tires. It is going to be a function of how far you stretch the boundary in terms of pad compounds and wheel diameters. I know that the GT4 Clubsports experience ice mode at times.

Quick Reply: Price Reduced on Bosch Motorsport M4 Clubsport ABS