Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Schroth SHR FLEX question

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 05:18 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have both a Hybrid and a SHR Flex, and I noticed the same thing, but it turns out that I was wearing the Flex wrong -- as noted above, it needs to be pushed farther back.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:59 PM
schaibaa
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pontifex4
I have both a Hybrid and a SHR Flex, and I noticed the same thing, but it turns out that I was wearing the Flex wrong -- as noted above, it needs to be pushed farther back.
I get that and all but Other devices will pull back on impact as well and it seems like the Schroth would allow a higher G load on your neck than others - especially the hybrid.

I ordered a Hybrid S today and will test it in my formula car. Not sure how well it will work.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:17 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 939 Likes on 626 Posts

Originally Posted by pontifex4
Hmm. Maybe I am wearing mine wrong.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:29 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by schaibaa
Mine feels great, I’m just worried about safety. I wish Schroth would give more detail about how/why the tethers feel so loose.
Mine feels great as well - and I gave my Hybrid away as the Schroth flex is incredibly comfortable (for me, anyway?). I wear mine in my own sessions and also with the one or two students I'll have during an event yea - that's 12 sessions per day if I have two students + my own ... Last year I had about 40+ track days, so that's a lot of time the thing is being worn.. I too was worried that the tethers felt loose, but, according to HMS where I purchased it and they fit it, it's normal...?

Anyway - just another datapoint..

John D.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:09 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 112 Likes on 80 Posts

I am pretty sure that HMS Motorsports is still the US Importer for Schroth. And of course they have a number of dealers they work with, include the excellent folks at APex.

For questions and concerns like those expressed in this thread, I think it may make sense to contact them directly and make sure that one has all of the information, perspective, et cetera that one needs.

I am pretty sure that Joe Marko is still involved with HMS. If so, it might be possible to work with him directly with these kinds of questions and concerns.

I started corresponding on the internet about Porsches and racing back in the early 90's. Between that and shopping for my own safety gear, it did not take me too long to connect with Joe. Somewhere around 2005 or so, the growth of head and neck restraints, particularly HANS devices started to take off-- right as sanctioning bodies started to make them mandatory for racers. There were some situations in those early days that called for extra technical support. In my case that involved connecting with Hubbard-Downing AND Joe at HMS, from whom I bought my HANS.

I remember being in touch with Joe when Dale Senior passed away... but I digress.

To me, it is often best to start with experienced, expert and professional support from folks like Joe/HMS as the best place to get questions answered and concerns addressed.

Forums like these can be helpful as well, but I think it is best to start with the pros.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:08 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Been a year since I started this, my Schroth H&N is long gone, but I never felt good/safe wearing it. Glad I never had the opportunity to test my feelings, but i'm sure it's fine.

Quick Reply: Schroth SHR FLEX question