Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 02:10 AM
andy928
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Hi Pel

I assume you are in NZ.

If you are really keen my uncle has a 1993 sl 600 special order colour, with cream leather in amazing condition done at 28.000ks, he talks about selling every now and again, it also has the full factory hard top with heated rear window.

We imported it from Hong Kong as very rear in NZ when he was looking, i went and collected it for him from a Mercedes collector, he had a gull-wing beside it in the garage! He is the only NZ owner since 2002.

I could ask him if he would consider selling if you were interested.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...a05d19c9b1.jpg
Old 10-31-2019, 05:18 PM
Pel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Andy, garage space is my issue atm, very nice car through!
Old 10-31-2019, 05:18 PM
Pel
Pro

Anyone on here shooting along to the PCNZ Picnic?
Old 10-31-2019, 06:38 PM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pel
Anyone on here shooting along to the PCNZ Picnic?
I think I'm free from my pesky roster that weekend so might get along if only to drool over the GT3s. Went for a lap of the Hunua's yesterday. Not much traffic, good blast.

Have a great drive this weekend.
Old 10-31-2019, 06:39 PM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Jake, OT but I'm going to Nozawa Onsen then Niseko in Dec/Jan. Got any tips?
Old 11-01-2019, 04:18 PM
Ranfurly
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Well instead of selling the 997.2 I gone and spent some money on it. Decided my main ‘dissatisfaction ‘ if it can be called that is that the factory exhaust is too quiet. So have brought centre muffler delete pipes and new exhaust tips. From what I have read this will give it a lift with a bit more bark. Cheaper than going through another exchange exercise.

Andy any idea what the price would be for the SL600?
Cheers
Richard
Old 11-01-2019, 10:04 PM
Pel
Pro

Nice, where did you buy from?
Old 11-02-2019, 05:53 AM
shiraz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't have anything to add, but happy to see this thread active again. I don't do facepalm. Drive 'appy - cheers - D
Old 11-02-2019, 06:09 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by 964X33
Hey Jake, OT but I'm going to Nozawa Onsen then Niseko in Dec/Jan. Got any tips?
I have many! But probably best to avoid turning this into a ski trip thread. Will drop you an email.
Old 11-02-2019, 04:54 PM
Ranfurly
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pel
Nice, where did you buy from?
The centre muffler delete pipes and tips from UK website called ‘Top Gear’ a poster in the 997 forum brought their gear and said it fitted on to his car without issue. Their parts are quite a bit cheaper than other supplier, so a small punt in that it isn’t one of the known brands for after market bits. Coming via DHL and looks like it been cleared by customs to be delivered which is ‘nice’ .
Old 11-06-2019, 02:16 AM
Pel
Pro

Originally Posted by Ranfurly
The centre muffler delete pipes and tips from UK website called ‘Top Gear’ a poster in the 997 forum brought their gear and said it fitted on to his car without issue. Their parts are quite a bit cheaper than other supplier, so a small punt in that it isn’t one of the known brands for after market bits. Coming via DHL and looks like it been cleared by customs to be delivered which is ‘nice’ .
Let us know how it sounds once installed!
Old 11-06-2019, 02:29 AM
Pel
Pro

Ive been after spare set of wheels for my 996.2 Cup, sourced a set needing refurb from Florida then realized (the hard way) Gen 1 & Gen 2 Cup have different fitment. Was difficult sorting the first used set so now looking at other options.

Option 1: A new set of BBS Motorsport factory wheels sourced through Allports (currently waiting on pricing) expecting 10K??

Option 2: Went to Big boys Toys, chatting to Simmons Wheels who have priced to make a custom centrelock set, my SC has Simmons as track wheels and I love them, the pricing seems reasonable at circa $6,500 for a set, I have two sets of BBS already so I also like the idea of something different (perhaps use them for wets). Not set on style or color but looking at Gold FR, if anyone's interested take a look and give me some feedback??

https://www.simmonswheels.com.au/whe...ch-simmons-om/

https://www.simmonswheels.com.au/whe...ch-simmons-fr/
Old 11-06-2019, 03:52 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Pel
Ive been after spare set of wheels for my 996.2 Cup, sourced a set needing refurb from Florida then realized (the hard way) Gen 1 & Gen 2 Cup have different fitment. Was difficult sorting the first used set so now looking at other options.

Option 1: A new set of BBS Motorsport factory wheels sourced through Allports (currently waiting on pricing) expecting 10K??

Option 2: Went to Big boys Toys, chatting to Simmons Wheels who have priced to make a custom centrelock set, my SC has Simmons as track wheels and I love them, the pricing seems reasonable at circa $6,500 for a set, I have two sets of BBS already so I also like the idea of something different (perhaps use them for wets). Not set on style or color but looking at Gold FR, if anyone's interested take a look and give me some feedback??

Simmons worth a try. Generally people I've talked to are happy with them, plus you can always source another if you bend one!!
Old 11-06-2019, 03:53 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Pel
Given up posting on FB, too many crazies.

Have been driving lots but no cars atm

SC is in T.A. for service, authority card etc, I have fitted road oriented tyres and raised the ride height, been using it for Sunday road drives, but plan on taking it to Puke next week if anyone is interested.

GT3: Started consuming oil/smoking, so sitting at Giltraps with the engine removed, compression was down in two cylinders, results are with Porsche Germany, awaiting weather it's a new engine or warranty repair.

996 CUP: In T.A for Engine & Gearbox rebuild. Ordered 30k+ of bits overseas awaiting arrival, lightweight bonnet, bumper, splitters, extra set of wheels, uprated axle kit, engine mount plate, power steering pump etc, should be a whopping customs bill will be well over 100k thrown away after 1 year, if I was more handy I would have saved alot of money.

Its tested my resolve, brought it cheap, penny wise pound foolish. Nearly sold it but ended up just shutting my eyes and doubling down (was too far underwater anyway), not much spend making it look pretty, has done suspension etc prior so will hopefully get a good run out of it soon.

My sweet spot is the RSG stuff, road trip with mates, track days thrown in, drive home with a smile, the Cup will likely be tucked away and driven a few times per year, I don't have required passion to devote weekends to racing atm

So Puke next week in the 200hp club, then Taupo 30th November in the GT3 (provided I get it back), would be good to get a few more along for either.
Pel - engine news for GT3?
Old 11-06-2019, 05:52 PM
Ranfurly
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pel

Hi
I have been lusting after Augment Wheels https://www.augmentwheels.com .....they are making classic designs in a large wheel size, would love to put some on my 928.
I sea freighted some 18" Panamera wheels on a pallet from the UK for the 928, what a PITA.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?