Notices

Pfaff Porsche Woodbridge

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 10:23 AM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Pfaff Porsche Woodbridge

Anyone know of a good sales man.. I am looking to getting a 2018 Cayenne and need to work out a decent discount .. they are offering 2%.. not close to what I am looking for..
Old 04-25-2018, 10:39 AM
olegd
Rennlist Member

Received 208 Likes on 147 Posts

I've never purchased a new Porsche before, but I've had success with using dealer invoice prices when negotiating deals for other makes. Have you considered this option?
Old 04-25-2018, 11:16 AM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sad to admit I have only paid full list at Pfaff. That has been for ordered cars and only 911's. Maybe a cayenne especially if on the lot might be negotiable. What % were you hoping to get?
Old 04-25-2018, 11:27 AM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bacura
Sad to admit I have only paid full list at Pfaff. That has been for ordered cars and only 911's. Maybe a cayenne especially if on the lot might be negotiable. What % were you hoping to get?
trying for 8-9%.. i know Cayenne is not a GT3, or anything in that calibre so there should be some leg room for negotiation
Old 04-25-2018, 11:44 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts

Pfaff also has some brand new 2016 TDi Touregs that have been released from cheating jail.
From my BMW fiasco's. If buying new, why would you buy from a franchise?
Brother ordered a new M3. He waited 4 months for to be built as specked, and shipped.
When it arrived, it had $14,ooo dollars of added extra equipment on it, that he did not order.
Dealership told him he could pay for it, or he could order another car and wait another 3 months.
As I refereed him to this dealership, I felt slightly responsible. I called BMW Canada to voice my displeasure.
They said pricing was a franchise issue. I accused them of a bait and switch. Corporate didn't care.
I also learned that my BMW shop's mechanics were unionized. One more arms length of responsibility.
BMW Canada / Franshise / Union shop repairs.

Pfaff - I'm sure is a great franchise. But if I were paying almost top dollar I would be looking to buy from the source. Porsche Canada, not an arm lengths re seller.
Pfaff would have great negotiation powers from their number of unit purchased from Porsche.
I would at least also price out of Porsche Centre North Toronto. From my research, I believe they are a cooperate store, and their back shop mechanics are not unionized.

Very jaded and paranoid, from real experiences, Big Smoke.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:29 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 602 Likes on 295 Posts

I purchased a Macan last summer and didn't get anywhere close to 8-9%. That's a very significant discount, which I think is pretty aggressive. I really would be surprised if you could get anything close to that. I echo the comment above about going to the corporate store.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:30 PM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Shop around but don't expect much more than 2% to 4% discount. Porsche has 9% dealer margin plus the dealer holdback. You are trying to buy the car at wholesale. It won't happen. If you want a big discount, try domestic car dealerships. They have bigger margins. By the way, all dealers pay the same price for their cars regardless of their volume. Most Porsche dealers could sell many more vehicles if only they could get more allocations.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:21 PM
cpt_slow
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We got a pretty good discount on an 09 Turbo cab (mind you the ...but we bought it in December lol.....off topic but PICKING IT UP SATURDAY!!!!!!!

Ask for Lee.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:02 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That's used. Not relevant to the OP's question.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:07 PM
newbie2p
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am looking to order a 2019 cayenne S through Pfaff. Was hoping for 5% discount as it's going to be well optioned. Is there another corporate dealership in Ontario, Canada? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:45 PM
bobblehead
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 103 Posts

Have you cross shopped with other GTA dealers ? If Pfaff has an in-stock one now, I can see 3-4% off. If it is custom spec., then 2-3% sounds about right.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:59 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I agree, 8% is a lot to ask. But talk to John Hully at 416-524-0894.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:12 PM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Right .. ask for the cake but will settle for a few slices I guess.. lol I've called John ..let's see what he says
Old 04-25-2018, 05:57 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

8-9% will probably be tough to get. Back in the day of the 997, I bought a C2S and a Turbo from Downtown and got 5% off both. The C2S was dealer spec'd and was en route from Germany when I bought it. The Turbo was ordered to my specs. Both SA have since moved to Pfaff (Vincent and Jimmy) and both were great to deal with.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:00 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,121 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG smoke
Pfaff also has some brand new 2016 TDi Touregs that have been released from cheating jail.
From my BMW fiasco's. If buying new, why would you buy from a franchise?
Brother ordered a new M3. He waited 4 months for to be built as specked, and shipped.
When it arrived, it had $14,ooo dollars of added extra equipment on it, that he did not order.
Dealership told him he could pay for it, or he could order another car and wait another 3 months.
As I refereed him to this dealership, I felt slightly responsible. I called BMW Canada to voice my displeasure.
They said pricing was a franchise issue. I accused them of a bait and switch. Corporate didn't care.
I also learned that my BMW shop's mechanics were unionized. One more arms length of responsibility.
BMW Canada / Franshise / Union shop repairs.

Pfaff - I'm sure is a great franchise. But if I were paying almost top dollar I would be looking to buy from the source. Porsche Canada, not an arm lengths re seller.
Pfaff would have great negotiation powers from their number of unit purchased from Porsche.
I would at least also price out of Porsche Centre North Toronto. From my research, I believe they are a cooperate store, and their back shop mechanics are not unionized.

Very jaded and paranoid, from real experiences, Big Smoke.
From what I hear the Corporate store doesn't behave any different. This is when it comes to antics around getting a GT car. Why would they give you a bigger discount?

For sure price them out and go to another franchise as well. I doubt the Corporate store would price with any meaningful difference.

Quick Reply: Pfaff Porsche Woodbridge