Notices

Out of control gas prices!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2022, 01:25 PM
997turbocab
Burning Brakes

Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
Such tolerance for those making decisions that are right for them using their own $$$.
Self righteous much?
Look beyond Toronto. People have functional uses for wanting trucks and SUVs.
If towing, long wheelbase is more stable and safer.
Snow? In Ottawa we get a lot more than Toronto. The ground clearance with AWD and winter tires make a truck or SUV an unbeatable combination.
I have a car to drive downtown when I need to.

We appear to have a Troll on our hands. I was going to respond to his comments but it doesn't seem to be worth anyone's time. The irony alone of being on a Porsche forum instead of the Prius forum and complaining about things like fuel economy are just beyond hilarious.
The following 3 users liked this post by 997turbocab:
Brian 162 (01-21-2022), Crazy Canuck (01-21-2022), JerryK (01-22-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 01:32 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by 997turbocab
We appear to have a Troll on our hands. I was going to respond to his comments but it doesn't seem to be worth anyone's time. The irony alone of being on a Porsche forum instead of the Prius forum and complaining about things like fuel economy are just beyond hilarious.
Filling a boat periodically makes me appreciate just how much better the trucks are on fuel.
The following users liked this post:
997turbocab (01-21-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 01:34 PM
997turbocab
Burning Brakes

New Yukon Denali XL are hard to find. My buddy has had one on order for months and months. New independent rear suspension is a game changer. Flattens the floor.

The 10 speed transmissions have helped a lot with fuel economy.
My wfie's Expedition with the Ecoboost is remarkably fuel efficient. I think it's better than my 2003 540i and it'll fit 7 in comfort plus cargo plus has 9000# tow rating.
Even the F150s with the V8s, we have 3 2021s in the corporate fleet, are pretty great.
Also have a 2021 F250 Diesel. The thing is a tank. It just chugs. Great on fuel too.
Land Cruiser terrible but excels at other things and we use it for htat.

We had one on order but the dealership close to us just happened to have one on their lot. The original customer ended up liking a different colour so they had it for sale. Total luck! Otherwise it is impossible to find anything. Escalades are even worse. It is surprisingly not bad...for a GM lol But with child #4 coming next month we needed the room!
Old 01-21-2022, 01:37 PM
reacp911
Burning Brakes

Received 345 Likes on 221 Posts

Such tolerance for those making decisions that are right for them using their own $$$.
Self righteous much?
Look beyond Toronto. People have functional uses for wanting trucks and SUVs.
If towing, long wheelbase is more stable and safer.
Snow? In Ottawa we get a lot more than Toronto. The ground clearance with AWD and winter tires make a truck or SUV an unbeatable combination.
I have a car to drive downtown when I need to.
I've driven them. Parking lots are a nightmare. They are roll over prone. Can't see close-up obstructions like pedestrians. Poor ride and terminal oversteer in pickups. Totally anti-social vehicles. Rolling crimes against humanity. A lot of the people who drive these are aggressive scary, too

I'd like to see stats on the interaction with pedestrians. Getting hit by one would be like getting hit by a wall. An anecdote: two weekends in a row, as a pedestrian, I was almost hit by the same monster SUV at the same Yonge and Fairlawn intersection, likely because of the poor near range visiblity.

My daily is an XC70. Seats 7. Have carried a big block V8 in the back. Has increased ground clearance. Will go anywhere an SUV will. Will easily tow a macgregor 26X, or a couple of snowmobiles. I have a westfalia for camping. If you need one of the huge live in trailers, just stay at home.

Yes, there are people who use them for construction, but most of those could use a european vehicle, such as below, unfortunately not made anymore because even european manufacturers have been corrupted. Fortunately, when you are in europe, big suvs and pickups are really rare, much improving the driving experience for other road users.

Old 01-21-2022, 02:04 PM
reacp911
Burning Brakes

Go ahead. Explain to me why I'm wrong, other than "freedom"

Ok, when it comes to monster pickups and suvs, I'm a troll. Explain to me what they have to do with a porsche forum.

I've been a porsche enthusiast (sports cars only) my whole life because of their efficiency. Porsche got its start doing a lot with a little

Last edited by reacp911; 01-21-2022 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-21-2022, 03:28 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,044 Likes on 743 Posts

Originally Posted by reacp911

Ok, when it comes to monster pickups and suvs, I'm a troll. Explain to me what they have to do with a porsche forum.

I've been a porsche enthusiast (sports cars only) my whole life because of their efficiency. Porsche got its start doing a lot with a littel

On this note i get a new member added to my team from the company this year ... this is a welcome added resource as the pressure on my current workers is becoming unbearable. he starts this year and his name is Les.

It is a surprise and welcome addition As i have been told i am expected to do a lot more with Les.
Old 01-21-2022, 03:35 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 227 Likes on 130 Posts

I've been a porsche enthusiast (sports cars only) my whole life because of their efficiency. Porsche got its start doing a lot with a littel
Over in the GT forums, the most popular combo for towing is the Ford Raptor and GTx... many use Cayenne's as well. So.....

Old 01-21-2022, 04:05 PM
997turbocab
Burning Brakes

I've driven them. Parking lots are a nightmare. They are roll over prone. Can't see close-up obstructions like pedestrians. Poor ride and terminal oversteer in pickups. Totally anti-social vehicles. Rolling crimes against humanity. A lot of the people who drive these are aggressive scary, too

I'd like to see stats on the interaction with pedestrians. Getting hit by one would be like getting hit by a wall. An anecdote: two weekends in a row, as a pedestrian, I was almost hit by the same monster SUV at the same Yonge and Fairlawn intersection, likely because of the poor near range visiblity.

My daily is an XC70. Seats 7. Have carried a big block V8 in the back. Has increased ground clearance. Will go anywhere an SUV will. Will easily tow a macgregor 26X, or a couple of snowmobiles. I have a westfalia for camping. If you need one of the huge live in trailers, just stay at home.

Yes, there are people who use them for construction, but most of those could use a european vehicle, such as below, unfortunately not made anymore because even european manufacturers have been corrupted. Fortunately, when you are in europe, big suvs and pickups are really rare, much improving the driving experience for other road users.

It appears you are stuck in 1994 with OJ Simpson and his Bronco lol

You have managed to paint all SUV owners as crazy lunatics that hit people and roll their SUV's...by definition a Troll is someone that brings nothing of value to the forum. I'd care to argue that visibility in an F150 or any SUV is much better than any sports car.

Also a quick google search will actually show the new Yukon with the 3L diesel is unsurprisingly much more fuel efficient than your Volvo.... And with the 3rd row up where exactly do you put a stroller in the back of your Volvo? Is it a blow up stroller? lol Because I can fit a Big Block in the back on the Yukon...with the 3rd row up...

Maybe the world would be a greener place if you didn't have 4 vehicles....( I'm assuming, unless you make your boyfriend take the Subway I dunno, just guessing)
Old 01-21-2022, 04:19 PM
.2PDK
Drifting

Received 1,206 Likes on 727 Posts

disgusting

Old 01-21-2022, 04:34 PM
reacp911
Burning Brakes

Maybe the world would be a greener place if you didn't have 4 vehicles....( I'm assuming, unless you make your boyfriend take the Subway I dunno, just guessing)
8. All relatively ordinary, none electric. Most of the time, tho, including going to work I take my bike.

Your choice of words to describe my spouse says something about you.

However, I'm way past the point of thinking I can change the world

Last edited by reacp911; 01-21-2022 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-21-2022, 06:40 PM
Mikster
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by ronnie993tt
Taxes + inability to build pipelines + stringent environmental laws precluding new refineries = pricey gas. Millennials are screwed.
Right on. Despite lower costs at the barrel, it’s not so much our dollar as it is the refinery. If they go off line for maintenance then that is also a big component.
M
Old 01-21-2022, 08:14 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

$1.68/$1.69 for 91 here in Vancouver these days. Sigh. At this rate it will be close to $2.00 when the convert to summer gas and probably $2.25 for 94?
Old 01-21-2022, 08:26 PM
ekam
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 314 Posts

My daily is an XC70. Seats 7. Have carried a big block V8 in the back. Has increased ground clearance. Will go anywhere an SUV will.
Old 01-21-2022, 08:52 PM
reacp911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ekam
Impressive. Gelande means cross country, more or less

Old 01-21-2022, 09:23 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 602 Likes on 295 Posts

Impressive. Gelande means cross country, more or less

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XECX6Nhb1oc
do you take the Volvo to get your mangina wax?
The following users liked this post:
997turbocab (01-24-2022)

Quick Reply: Out of control gas prices!