Old 06-26-2020, 07:37 PM
928gt
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Fox
see you at the cruise on sunday
Originally Posted by moab
give him a slap for me.
I am afraid I won't attend, but I'll be reading the news just in case your wives and children are going to be cycling along the route.

Show some f___ing decency and stop reminding everyone that you're somewhere between pond scum and amoebas on the evolutionary scale.

Old 06-26-2020, 07:39 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 601 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by 928gt
I am afraid I won't attend, but I'll be reading the news just in case your wives and children are going to be cycling along the route.

Show some f___ing decency and stop reminding everyone that you're somewhere between pond scum and amoebas on the evolutionary scale.
You need to take a deep breath sir.
Old 06-26-2020, 08:19 PM
928gt
Burning Brakes

You need to take a deep breath sir.
That is brilliant Sir. It's a shame you didn't share that bit of wisdom with all the people taking issue with George Floyd's death that resulted in the Black Lives Matter protests... I mean, they should have just chilled out a bit instead of taking issue with it, right?
Old 06-26-2020, 08:29 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 601 Likes on 294 Posts

That is brilliant Sir. It's a shame you didn't share that bit of wisdom with all the people taking issue with George Floyd's death that resulted in the Black Lives Matter protests... I mean, they should have just chilled out a bit instead of taking issue with it, right?
I'm not sure why I keep taking the bait to engage with you, but I'm weak I guess. Yes, let's compare at best an off-coloured joke about a dead cyclist and at worst, an off-coloured joke about a dead cyclist that was a wife/mother/sister/aunt/grandmother/lover/same sex partner/co-worker/friend, etc. to a person on this Forum to a murder that will (hopefully) help end systemic racism.
Old 06-26-2020, 08:42 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Keep in mind the forum rules, calling individuals names is not allowed.
Old 06-26-2020, 08:54 PM
928gt
Burning Brakes

I'm not sure why I keep taking the bait to engage with you, but I'm weak I guess. Yes, let's compare at best an off-coloured joke about a dead cyclist and at worst, an off-coloured joke about a dead cyclist that was a wife/mother/sister/aunt/grandmother/lover/same sex partner/co-worker/friend, etc. to a person on this Forum to a murder that will (hopefully) help end systemic racism.
You mean, tasteless jokes about a dead cyclist are fine but the public reaction to a dead motorist is warranted? You take no issue with the tasteless comments expressed by members on this forum but you do take issue with the same because what the dead cyclist and the dead motorist represent? If you wish to continue a civilized discourse on the same I am all for it. I am not even the first person to call a spade a spade (despite that I was the subject of said joke) - there are certainly others here that feel the same way. If we should all strive to end systemic racism, should we not also strive to end other behaviour which is equally as offensive?

P.S. Just in case you're not clear about what I am taking issue with here - you are essentially saying that joking about black people being killed is in fact bad, but because it is a cyclist it is somehow fair game?
Old 06-26-2020, 09:15 PM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Received 199 Likes on 150 Posts

I'm sorry that someone died as a result of someone's alleged reckless driving. I'd liken it that the owner of the Porsche didn't buy N-rated Michelin tires. RIP.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:47 AM
RGJ
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

InsideHalton news...
https://www.insidehalton.com/news-st...-milton-crash/

Cyclist severely injured in Milton crash

"..he was struck by a car in Milton..."

However the last sentence states, "Earlier this week, an Oakville cyclist was killed in a collision with a Porsche."

Really???
Old 06-27-2020, 11:29 AM
928gt
Burning Brakes

Two different unfortunate incidents.
Bicycles and motorists really don't belong on the same roads seeing as neither group has anywhere near the required training or vigilance to share the same.
Old 06-27-2020, 04:37 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 345 Posts

City of Eindhoven, cable supported elevated cycling traffic roundabout.
Two different unfortunate incidents.
Bicycles and motorists really don't belong on the same roads seeing as neither group has anywhere near the required training or vigilance to share the same.
As far back as the 60’s the City of Amsterdams chief of Police said that society was accepting vehicular homicide as normal unless bicycles and Motorists were separated on.the roadways. Anyone who has cycled in Holland will affirm that separation is mostly complete.

in the meantime there is one thing that I’ve learned which could make cyclists much safer and that is riding against the flow of traffic just as we’re taught to do as pedestrians. Riding against the flow is normal where I’m staying in Mexico and at first I found it strange but in time, especially recognizing the absence of lane discipline it makes sense as it offers duck time.

Last edited by JimV8; 06-27-2020 at 04:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Sad news - Cyclist killed