Notices

Shipping Costs US to Canada

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2020, 09:54 PM
george44
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Shipping Costs US to Canada

Hello guys, this may have already been discussed and if I missed it, apologies... The border is closed and CBI is not accepting any new shipments (would not have helped if they did anyway). Shipping costs to Canada from the USA are simply ridiculous, for smaller parts most often more money than the parts themselves. I do not know if US border agents would allow us to drive through at Niagara Falls or Buffalo, I realize I would have to quarantine for 14 days upon returning to Canada one hour later. Have you found any alternatives or we simply suck it up and wait for the border to re-open?

George
Old 09-18-2020, 10:17 PM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

I always use shipnerd
Works out to about a 65% discount over standard UPS rates
Or, if you can find the item on eBay with the Global shipping program, then the final price is very good, as they bulk ship over the border, and also include all duties, taxes. It always works out cheaper than shipping direct
I also use RESHIP in Oregon, to reship stuff. CBI was always such a pain, to drive down to Niagara and then bring it back across the border. Reship has high shipping rates, but can be the best option for a lot of stuff. Especially if they dont normally ship the item to Canada
Also, ECS tuning has pretty good ALL IN pricing. And there was a guy on Audiworld way back, who could get you it even cheaper with ECS. Not sure if he is still in business

hope that helps
Old 09-19-2020, 01:11 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 365 Posts

maybe try crossborder shipping. they run trucks back and forth buffalo to airport and markham.
I don't think shipnerd uses UPS anymore, but they are a good option.
CBI will ship it for you.
They won't let you across the border to just pick up some car parts as a consumer, I am pretty sure.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:42 AM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Use crossborderpickups.ca. You will get your own US mailbox. You can then either have them ship to your home once they bring it across the border, or go pick it up at their warehouse in the GTA.
Old 09-19-2020, 01:20 PM
Bud Fox
Burning Brakes

Received 233 Likes on 154 Posts

Shipnerd couldn't help me and I got raped shipping a hardtop to South Carolina
Old 09-19-2020, 02:57 PM
george44
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you, I had a quick look at crossborderpickups.ca and they seem very reasonable. Will open an account. We all know the price differences but just for the sake of it I'll give two recent examples, 45 USD to ship from AutohausAZ to Canada and 10 USD to ship the same order to CBI; 51 USD to send an 1.5 lbs package from FL to me in Canada. If this is not bloody murder I don't know what else is

George
Old 09-24-2020, 07:22 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,043 Likes on 742 Posts

yeah george i used to use CBI a lot so im feeling the pinch of not being able to get parts. Fortunately i got the Audi Engine rebuilt just before all this hit as getting the parts shipped to canada was insane for a complete rebuild.

Quick Reply: Shipping Costs US to Canada