Notices

Motor Mounts in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 02:47 PM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Recruiter_Bruno
Have another look at Function First then!
They really are great and you are supporting a small business that has made some great parts for our platform.
Nobody says anything negative about them...
I just put in the function first shifter, and love it. I may just go this route. My only concern is that the mounts aren't aggressive enough. I don't mind a bit of NVH (I used to have dog-bones in my first car), and I'd hate to dish out ~$400, just wishing I had a bit more.
Old 10-25-2020, 04:29 PM
johnsjmc
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used the factory rs mounts years ago in my last 993 but the price has skyrocketed. I recently installed the uro mounts in my 996 turbo. They are indistinguishable from the factory rs mounts but no telling if they will last. I've had them in for about 6 months. My car has 80,000km and with original mounts the rear end would squirm on hard acceleration. The squirming is now gone and I really can't detect any increase in NVH. Next thing is to look at my original transmission mount hope it's not torn
Old 10-26-2020, 04:29 PM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by johnsjmc
I used the factory rs mounts years ago in my last 993 but the price has skyrocketed. I recently installed the uro mounts in my 996 turbo. They are indistinguishable from the factory rs mounts but no telling if they will last. I've had them in for about 6 months. My car has 80,000km and with original mounts the rear end would squirm on hard acceleration. The squirming is now gone and I really can't detect any increase in NVH. Next thing is to look at my original transmission mount hope it's not torn
Thanks. For the price, the URO mounts look pretty good. I suppose I could just keep an eye on them over time.

BTW, I just installed the 997 transmission mount. If you have access to a lift, it's actually a pretty easy install. I can't say I can tell the difference on the street, but we'll see next time I'm at the track.

Quick Reply: Motor Mounts in Canada