Motor Mounts in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 05:38 PM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Motor Mounts in Canada

Hi guys,

I've always disliked the shifting in my car, and after a recent track day, I did some research and found that it's not just the shifter, but the mounts that matter. Anyways, I picked up the function first shift kit and a 997 transmission mount (this is all for a 996tt). However, I'm venturing down the path to motor mounts. My understanding is that the 964 RS motor mounts are the best, bar none. However, they're $800 USD, which is a bit wild. There are URO mounts, which are the 964's with a different insert, but I don't hear much about them. Then there are an assortment of other ones, and inserts, which seem to have good reviews, but also, some of the track guys talk about the failure of urethane bushings, which is a bit scary.

Anyways, does anyone know of a way to source the 964 RS mounts at a reasonable price in Canada? I have a feeling this is going to fall in the "you have to pay to play" category...
Old 10-08-2020, 07:53 PM
DDzPorsche
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 62 Posts

I'm not familiar with the brand you are looking for (I purchased RSS 624). However, I found some good deals as you approach US Thanksgiving which isn't that far off
Old 10-08-2020, 08:17 PM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Sorry, to clarify, I'm talking about the Porsche motor mounts from a 964 RS. They seem to be the only "semi-solid" option with unanimous positive reviews (besides price).

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/PKRSMOUNTKIT.html

I was looking at other options, but I see Powderhound and a bunch of the more well-known contributors have had issues with other designs and urethane inserts.
Old 10-08-2020, 11:31 PM
triggz82
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Assuming you have a 996 turbo as per your sig the 964 RS mounts are a popular upgrade and much more solid than stock replacement. RSS mounts are a good option too if you're looking for semi solid. If you're still on your original motor mounts, getting oem replacements will also an improvement. REIN makes oem ones that are about $250 cdn.
Old 10-09-2020, 02:02 PM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by triggz82
Assuming you have a 996 turbo as per your sig the 964 RS mounts are a popular upgrade and much more solid than stock replacement. RSS mounts are a good option too if you're looking for semi solid. If you're still on your original motor mounts, getting oem replacements will also an improvement. REIN makes oem ones that are about $250 cdn.
Interesting point. I've never heard of REIN, and they're definitely more cost effective. However, I'm really interested in going the semi-solid route.

I think my only option is to wait for something used to pop up, or luck into a black friday/cyber monday sale.
Old 10-09-2020, 04:56 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts

Carnewal in Belgium is the best bet for Porsche parts such as this in Canada.
Old 10-09-2020, 11:28 PM
Recruiter_Bruno
Rennlist Member

Received 226 Likes on 102 Posts

Have a close look at Function First engine mounts.
I found them to be the perfect in between mount.
I had RSS and removed them after a month as the noise/vibration bugged me too much.
The FF had no added vibration at all yet are firmer than OEM.
And reasonably priced at $295 US.

Also the owner will work with Canadians on shipping costs and other fees.

I also have his shift right solution and shifter cable ends as well.
Completely transformed my shifter in an absolutely perfect way.
Still smooth and easy to drive yet ZERO slop and direct shifting feel.
Old 10-10-2020, 07:56 AM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 69 Posts

I've got the Wevo SS mounts in my 993 C2 - one of the best updates I've made thus far.

See here:

https://www.wevo.com/Products/Chassi...gineMounts.htm
Old 10-10-2020, 08:07 AM
paddlefoot64
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 134 Posts

I installed the Rennline semi-solid mounts in my 996. Improved shifting, for sure. If you’re into comfort, you may not like semi-solids. Sometimes I feel like I’m in a GT3 at the Ring! Much vibration and harmonic buzzing around 3K rpm.
Old 10-10-2020, 10:30 AM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Recruiter_Bruno
Have a close look at Function First engine mounts.
I found them to be the perfect in between mount.
I had RSS and removed them after a month as the noise/vibration bugged me too much.
The FF had no added vibration at all yet are firmer than OEM.
And reasonably priced at $295 US.

Also the owner will work with Canadians on shipping costs and other fees.

I also have his shift right solution and shifter cable ends as well.
Completely transformed my shifter in an absolutely perfect way.
Still smooth and easy to drive yet ZERO slop and direct shifting feel.
Interesting. I'll take a look. Also, yes, I just bought the shift right solution. I've heard nothing but good things. I'm hoping that plus tranny mount lus motor mounts will give me perfect shifting feel.

Also, I think I found a happy medium; fvd brombacher

https://www.fvd.net/us-en/FVD375996/...6-997-oem.html

It appears they are high quality, Oem style mounts, with rubber quality of the rs style mount, but at half the price.

For those talking about nvh, yes, I agree. I don't mind a little bit extra, but I ran solid engine mounts in one of my old cars, and it was just a bit too much.
Old 10-10-2020, 11:36 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,121 Likes on 731 Posts

Went RSS on my 997.2 C4S this year. Great!
Old 10-10-2020, 02:38 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by Muskoka
......I think I found a happy medium; fvd brombacher

https://www.fvd.net/us-en/FVD375996/...6-997-oem.html

It appears they are high quality, Oem style mounts, with rubber quality of the rs style mount, but at half the price.
Nice find, let us know how you like it. I was planning to do the Function-First semi-semi-mount, I suspect this fvd clubsport mount would still be stiffer than the FF.
Old 10-10-2020, 02:53 PM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Received 199 Likes on 150 Posts

While not motor mounts, but I do have the Function First engine mount insert. Quality is great, and was a great alternative to original factory inserts.
Old 10-23-2020, 12:26 PM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lowbee
Nice find, let us know how you like it. I was planning to do the Function-First semi-semi-mount, I suspect this fvd clubsport mount would still be stiffer than the FF.
Unfortunately, it appears the FVD mounts are "getting looked at" by FVD right now, so they are not selling them. My order has been refunded, and I've asked to be kept in the loop. I'll update this thread when I get more info, but it looks like I may need to go another route...
Old 10-23-2020, 12:28 PM
Recruiter_Bruno
Rennlist Member

Received 226 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Muskoka
Unfortunately, it appears the FVD mounts are "getting looked at" by FVD right now, so they are not selling them. My order has been refunded, and I've asked to be kept in the loop. I'll update this thread when I get more info, but it looks like I may need to go another route...
Have another look at Function First then!
They really are great and you are supporting a small business that has made some great parts for our platform.
Nobody says anything negative about them...

Quick Reply: Motor Mounts in Canada