Notices

Allstate Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2020, 09:40 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 366 Posts

Ice; if you sign you are not covered on any racetrack. Are they forcing you to sign or cancel?I would not sign that.
I do often stay at Holiday Inn Express but am not a lawyer.

Last edited by Turbodan; 12-11-2020 at 09:41 PM. Reason: add
Old 12-11-2020, 09:47 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
okay to bring back the old ins discussion thread ....

i did in fact switch to CAA this year , but to be honest Primarily for home owner reduction more than anything . But i did bundle my auto with them as it was a bit cheaper....

saw this endorsement and thought i would throw it on here for discussion by the armchair lawyers .. a well as a couple real ones im sure ....

the question .. are you insured for instruction at a PCA UCR day at CTMP ?

this is my non Porsche , but thought if any of you are insured with CAA and track your car it may be worth a discussion.

I've received the same form and I tracked my car (non P car) with UCR. I never signed that form nor did they contact me about signing the form. I do remove the plates at the track. I think that form is because of a case years ago when there was a single car incident at Mosport at a UCR event (Club Race touring group) and the drivers insurance company tried to decline the claim. He won on appeal. There's a thread about the case on this page years ago.
My track days and instructing days are over so I'll continue to ignore the form.
Old 12-12-2020, 05:43 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Problem I run into is many companies do not offer "19a" or "agreed value" and if you have an older car which has appreciated, this is critical. A friend submitted an appraisal that was obviously too high and received a one month cancellation notice. Had to scramble for a new company. My last search pretty much limited me to Hagerty.
Old 12-13-2020, 11:12 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ronnie993tt
Problem I run into is many companies do not offer "19a" or "agreed value" and if you have an older car which has appreciated, this is critical. A friend submitted an appraisal that was obviously too high and received a one month cancellation notice. Had to scramble for a new company. My last search pretty much limited me to Hagerty.
FYI Hagerty does not offer 19a anymore.

There have been lots of cases in Ontario with insurance and driver education accidents, not just one.

Old 12-13-2020, 11:43 PM
pdxmotorhead
Three Wheelin'

Received 395 Likes on 293 Posts

2006 BMW 330XI 6Speed / M-sport updated, trailer lost tire in front of me and it went under the car,,
Broke the Oil pan, quick ratio steering rack, Engine box, Right front suspension, right rear suspension.
Car was originally purchased on EU delivery, while on his tour,, original owner had a BMW
dealer (Very near the factory) upgrade all the suspension with factory BMW parts.

Only place you could get them was the dealer. Took almost 6 months for the repair because
Allstate kept trying to force the shop to order parts from LKQ. (The first rear suspension they
sent was form a Florida flood car and was bent. )

Allstate literally stopped communicating with the shop and me for almost 2 months while the adjuster went on
vacation, whenever I called they would claim there was nothing they could do to help I needed to wait for the
adjuster..

I finally ganged up on them with the dealer,, I suggested they start billing Allstate 250 bucks a day storage
because my car was stuck on their hoist with no suspension.

Because of all their dickery repair ended up being over $14K.. From a original estimate of 10K
Shop was a BMW certified Dealer Body shop that specialized in BMW and Cadillac..

I switched to USAA about 3 weeks after I got the car back..

If you have never looked at it, there is a Insurance rating system like for your credit.
Lexus-Nexus is the name of them. Pretty much all the insurance companies use them if
anything is wrong its on you to make your insurance company correct the errors,
Allstate refused ti fix 3 errors on the report that were their errors.
Old 12-14-2020, 09:53 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,048 Likes on 746 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
Ice; if you sign you are not covered on any racetrack. Are they forcing you to sign or cancel?I would not sign that.
I do often stay at Holiday Inn Express but am not a lawyer.
Dan i was not asked about it , when i received my paperwork it was just part of it ..
im not a track guy anyway but just thought others who have CAA may want to be aware. Honestly i dont know if it includes drivers ed. it does say that , but it says drivers ed as in related to those other items, so im not sure if there is a loophole.

interesting about no more 19a from Hagerty .. so there is no guaranteed value ??? im not sure what the point is in insuring with them then , as i can get just as good a deal elsewhere . I only insured with Hagerty for the 19A.

Last edited by theiceman; 12-14-2020 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-14-2020, 10:37 AM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
interesting about no more 19a from Hagerty .. so there is no guaranteed value ??? im not sure what the point is in insuring with them then , as i can get just as good a deal elsewhere . I only insured with Hagerty for the 19A.
I agree, wonder if this only applies to new policy and not renewal
Old 12-14-2020, 12:52 PM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 88 Posts

I have emailed Hagerty. I am also with them, only because they have agreed value insurance. If they take this away, I'll go somewhere cheaper.
Old 12-14-2020, 01:21 PM
Recruiter_Bruno
Rennlist Member

Received 226 Likes on 102 Posts

Guys, there is a fellow Porsche owner who is an insurance guru named Grant Redfern.
I've known him at least 10 years and he is very active with car enthusiasts.
He was with Allstate for many many years and left to open his own full service brokerage here in Richmond Hill (very close to my office actually).
He was telling me that on a 15 year old car, he is doing ridiculous rates with Echelon Classic insurance.
Much lower than Hagerty and less restrictions.
Worth a shot?

https://www.thebig.ca/grant/
(647) 297-0690

Old 12-14-2020, 01:52 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 290 Likes on 198 Posts

Perfect timing for Mr Ice to bring this to the top.
I switched my Porsche's over to Hagerty this morning.
They definitely do have guaranteed value for my cars. In fact they checked to see if my numbers were accurate.
The very last question they asked was if I was going on a race track. I'm like "Isn't that against your policy?"
She replied "Yes. And if you said yes we wouldn't insure you".
Old 12-14-2020, 02:03 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Hagerty has a new term of I think stated value but no longer uses 19a. I suspect it allows them to back out of a claim if they decide it is too much or they decide to pull out of Canada.
I prefer Vintage for classic insurance. Most brokers should be able to offer Echelon but great to have a good referral for insurance Bruno.
Old 12-14-2020, 04:22 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 290 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
Hagerty has a new term of I think stated value but no longer uses 19a. I suspect it allows them to back out of a claim if they decide it is too much or they decide to pull out of Canada.
I prefer Vintage for classic insurance. Most brokers should be able to offer Echelon but great to have a good referral for insurance Bruno.
Does Vintage cover DE?
Old 12-15-2020, 09:43 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,048 Likes on 746 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
Perfect timing for Mr Ice to bring this to the top.
I switched my Porsche's over to Hagerty this morning.
They definitely do have guaranteed value for my cars. In fact they checked to see if my numbers were accurate.
The very last question they asked was if I was going on a race track. I'm like "Isn't that against your policy?"
She replied "Yes. And if you said yes we wouldn't insure you".

um yes .. oh .. okay ... then no ...
Old 12-15-2020, 11:35 AM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 88 Posts

Hagerty's response

"We actually offer a bit better coverage called Guaranteed Value. I will email over the policy documentation as well but the exact endorsement is NPCF 100. We will also be reaching out to you to further explain our value on the policy but in short, if a policy is issued at a certain value like yours being $x; in the event of a total loss on the vehicle we are going to pay $x minus the deductible. "

I'll read through it, but no idea what the difference is between a 19a and an npcf 100
Old 12-15-2020, 05:26 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Perfect timing with this thread as I am shopping for new insurance for my 993. Just FYI Vintage no longer insures Porsches 1990 and newer as of August this year. Yes specifically Porsche due to apparently multiple cases of fraud recently. They spat out a great quote online and then when I called to put it together they (politely) told me to find someone else.

I will definitely call this Grant fellow as I'm looking for classic insurance with a 19A endorsement. The Hagerty quote was hilarious for a $113K agreed value policy compared to the original Vintage quote I got.

Quick Reply: Allstate Insurance