Allstate Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 11:40 AM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 290 Likes on 198 Posts
Default Allstate Insurance

Has anyone used them?
I'm getting ready to bail on TD and have been chatting with a broker in Orillia.
Pretty happy with what she has to say.
Old 10-20-2020, 12:02 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 366 Posts

I go on to kanetix.ca every few years and compare prices.
nowadays unless you go with Chubb they all pretty much act the same with claims etc... luck of the draw each time whether they settle claims easy or difficult. go with best price. also some insurance will let you pause coverage, add cars and take them off for no fees others charge. DLs going digital wonder if pink slip will too?
Old 10-20-2020, 12:14 PM
olegd
Rennlist Member

Received 208 Likes on 147 Posts

I got a good rate with CAA Insurance for my upcoming renewal. The brokerage I dealt with is directrate.ca, you can get a quote on their web site.
Old 10-20-2020, 12:23 PM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

Received 388 Likes on 276 Posts

Check also with Desjardains ...I have gotten good rates with them ..... I have always bypassed brokers and almost always gotten better rates .
Old 10-20-2020, 12:29 PM
Jethrobodine123
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would also recommend checking CAA.

J
Old 10-20-2020, 12:30 PM
paddlefoot64
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 134 Posts

Use Allstate, only because they required cars when home covered. Owning 90 year old house kind of limits insurability. I will be shopping around as don’t believe my rate is all that good, especially never having made a claim on them.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:14 PM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 88 Posts

Why are you bailing on TD?
Old 10-20-2020, 02:24 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Originally Posted by Muskoka
Why are you bailing on TD?
Customer service could not be any worse. Call wait time is well over an hour and you speak with someone that is just trained on a keyboard.
My house insurance has tripled in 7 years and the cars keep going up.
The final straw was I called for a quote for a boat I was buying. Bought the boat and called in to set up the insurance. All good.
A couple of weeks later I get a registered letter saying they made a mistake and will be canceling the boat insurance in 2 weeks.
Then I get my insurance bill and the boat is charged at over double the quote.
Talking to a friend in the insurance business and he tells me to get out of TD and I trust his advice.
I have never been treated this way and especially when I give them 9 grand a year.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:52 PM
Recruiter_Bruno
Rennlist Member

Received 226 Likes on 102 Posts

I've been very happy with Allstate for the last 6 or 7 years.
And I have shopped around many times to keep them honest but nobody has been able to beat my prices.
Have cars, house and ring policy with them.
Even had to make a car claim last year and it was handled perfectly from beginning to end.
Old 10-20-2020, 03:31 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
Customer service could not be any worse. Call wait time is well over an hour and you speak with someone that is just trained on a keyboard.
My house insurance has tripled in 7 years and the cars keep going up.
The final straw was I called for a quote for a boat I was buying. Bought the boat and called in to set up the insurance. All good.
A couple of weeks later I get a registered letter saying they made a mistake and will be canceling the boat insurance in 2 weeks.
Then I get my insurance bill and the boat is charged at over double the quote.
Talking to a friend in the insurance business and he tells me to get out of TD and I trust his advice.
I have never been treated this way and especially when I give them 9 grand a year.
I pay them about the same (bloody kid needs to get a job!) but that has not been my experience. Recent claim for the wifes car was fast, easy and painless. We took it where we wanted and it was seemless. Of course, every experience can be different

Havent home and auto rates gone up quite a bit across the board? When I renewed this year I noticed how rates had greatly increased over the past few years but when i looked around the competitors were no different (or at least not enough to endure the hassle of changing)
Old 10-20-2020, 03:42 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

^^^ It's really about the customer service. I don't mind being bent over ;-) , just be nice to me. lol
The following users liked this post:
OttawaSteve (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 05:48 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,048 Likes on 746 Posts

im in exactly the same boat ...

i used kinetix online and the guy was calling me while i was still on he site .. he was a bit slimey and just wanted to set up a call with a broker to discuss, didnt want tot ell me who provided the best quote until i started to get pissy with him .. im doing it on the net because i DONT want to talk to people .. he did suggest CAA also though. especially since i do so few miles a year. ( i have a company car )
Old 10-20-2020, 09:21 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi Rod
I've been with CAA insurance for both my vehicles and my house. Excellent customer service. When my Tahoe was stolen they arranged a rental vehicle within an hour. My rates haven't gone up in years. They let me take the insurance off the Z06 for the winter.
As regards to Allstate, when Lisa moved in, she was in Pickering and I'm in Mimico. Her yearly rate increased by $360. Their excuse was my area is high crime. Who Knew.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:21 AM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts

I've cut the broker out and sadly have to call around each year. Kanetix is pretty decent at weeding through it all. The cars are through Aviva with S&Y cheaper than my broker's policy which was also under written by Aviva. House is with Aon

Intact is refusing to insure my friend house because it might contain aluminum wiring built 65-72 and Asbestos
Old 10-21-2020, 03:40 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,048 Likes on 746 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregster
I've cut the broker out and sadly have to call around each year. Kanetix is pretty decent at weeding through it all. The cars are through Aviva with S&Y cheaper than my broker's policy which was also under written by Aviva. House is with Aon

Intact is refusing to insure my friend house because it might contain aluminum wiring built 65-72 and Asbestos
he should tell them he has upgraded to **** and tube wiring and see what they say ...

Last edited by theiceman; 10-21-2020 at 04:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Allstate Insurance