Notices

Best method to order a 992?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 02:49 PM
commie
Instructor

Received 102 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Best method to order a 992?

So I am in Downtown Toronto, and I am finally ready to put in an order for a 992 C2S. (My garage has been build) This will be my first Porsche purchase, so I do not have any relationships with any dealership. Based on my location, I am like a 20-30 mins walk to the Downtown Toronto Porsche, so from a dealership standpoint, this would be the logical choice.

I went on the Porsche site and did a build of the car I want, came out to around $161K, then clicked on the request a quote...But I can't seem to get the dealership to popup to select it.

In the world of Covid, what is the best method to reach out to the dealership? Also what is the allocation like for a 992 C2S like in Canada.....I am ready to plop down my deposit today, if it means I can get the car by summer 2021.

Last edited by commie; 12-16-2020 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-16-2020, 04:54 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 602 Likes on 295 Posts

Downtown Porsche is a great dealership. I have purchased my last few Porsche's from Pfaff but service my cars at Downtown because it is more convenient. They have always been amazing to deal with notwithstanding that I only use them for service. Mike Ledrew is a former SA and now a salesperson. He's a great guy, knows cars and I would recommend him highly.

Originally Posted by commie
So I am in Downtown Toronto, and I am finally ready to put in an order for a 992 C2S. This will be my first Porsche purchase, so I do not have any relationships with any dealership. Based on my location, I am like a 20-30 mins walk to the Downtown Toronto Porsche, so from a dealership standpoint, this would be the logical choice.

I went on the Porsche site and did a build of the car I want, came out to around $161K, then clicked on the request a quote...But I can't seem to get the dealership to popup to select it.

In the world of Covid, what is the best method to reach out to the dealership? Also what is the allocation like for a 992 C2S like in Canada.....I am ready to plop down my deposit today, if it means I can get the car by summer 2021.
Old 12-16-2020, 05:19 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,049 Likes on 746 Posts

boy you are really gonna make some sales guys Christmas ..
hello .. im here to buy a 160K car ? can you help me ?

lol
The following 2 users liked this post by theiceman:
Slngshot (12-17-2020), UncleDude (12-20-2020)
Old 12-16-2020, 05:23 PM
commie
Instructor

lol right now I can't even get anyone to talk to me...I did a request a quote and contact us on their website.
lol
Do we even walk into dealerships anymore?
Old 12-16-2020, 06:01 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats! Exciting times for you!!

I think because of the current lockdown situation contacting someone directly is your best bet. As of Monday I don't think any of the dealers are doing walk-ins in Toronto. I don't have any sales reps I can recommend but CALL the Centre you want to deal with and they'll put you in touch with someone. I can put you in touch with the GM at PCNT if you'd like (PM me if this is the case). Or I'm sure someone will chime in here with their sales rep's info they usually deal with.
Old 12-16-2020, 06:03 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,049 Likes on 746 Posts

lol right now I can't even get anyone to talk to me...I did a request a quote and contact us on their website.
lol
yeah whats wrong with the world ...
Old 12-16-2020, 07:25 PM
LZRD GRN
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 110 Posts

lol
I would suggest you call directly and ask for the rep mentioned above.

Or you can ask for Wilson Xiu (pronounced Shoo), he gave me 5k off my C4 a few years ago.....
Old 12-16-2020, 08:15 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,121 Likes on 731 Posts

I have a recommendation at Porsche London, bought 3 cars from them and recommended them to somebody recently who got a 718 GT4.

Distance isn't a big deal and you can service locally without issue.

Also Porsche Oakville though I haven't had a new car purchase with them.

PM if interested.

Contact somebody soon though if you want a car by start of summer 2021.

Last edited by SToronto; 12-16-2020 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-16-2020, 08:48 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Harris Theodore at Oakville and Rick Reid at Pfaff are both 100% straight-forward, honest, helpful and fantastic. I've bought cars from both. Mike Ledrew is a good guy as well...I dealt with him servicing cars at Downtown.
Old 12-17-2020, 09:43 AM
Slngshot
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts

Why don't people use the phone anymore?
speeds up things, contrary to the appearance of how "easy" emails are, they don't produce results like we think.

Especially when throwing Covid into the formula.
Old 12-17-2020, 09:46 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,121 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by Slngshot
Why don't people use the phone anymore?
speeds up things, contrary to the appearance of how "easy" emails are, they don't produce results like we think.

Especially when throwing Covid into the formula.
True, people are reluctant to call. However I am not entirely surprised that emails are being responded to quickly. Covid is not the excuse, emails are available anywhere. I've heard from two dealers mentioned here that they are incredibly busy, sales are doing very well. Getting allocation is a challenge if you want a spring/early summer deliver on hot models.

I wonder how much sales people make per deal on average.....maybe I should join them!
Old 12-17-2020, 12:43 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by moab
Downtown Porsche is a great dealership. I have purchased my last few Porsche's from Pfaff but service my cars at Downtown because it is more convenient. They have always been amazing to deal with notwithstanding that I only use them for service.
Yep same, live 3mins away from Downtown but have bought my cars from Pfaff for various reasons. I've used both for service (when/if I have time, Pfaff gives me a loaner) but had no issues with Downtown for either service or parts.

As suggested recommend you reach out directly to someone vs waiting for a callback via generic request. If Pfaff is an option I've had nothing but excellent experiences with Jimmy Lin so there is another contact for you.
Old 12-17-2020, 03:24 PM
FoggyNeutron
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Contact Antje Grey at Downtown Porsche she will actually call you back . Great to deal with too .
Old 12-17-2020, 10:36 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,021 Likes on 545 Posts

Email the sales manager with your spec and shop between dealers.

Bigger dealers naturally would have more allocations.
Old 12-19-2020, 01:28 PM
commie
Instructor

Thanks all for the pointers.
I made initial contact with PCDT (Mike)....lets see how that process goes. He mentioned that if I order within the next few weeks, I can get an April Build, and delivery in early Summer. Fingers crossed.

What sort of discount off MSRP should I target for, if any? I know, what is the 2-5% off compared to the overall price of the car...but thats just my ingrained car bartering mentality. hehehe...need to feel I got a 'deal' if even its just a car mat thrown in. hahaha
I am planning to just pay lumpsum for the car, don't think the 4.99 or 5.99 % finance/lease are too enticing right now.

I'll probably contact PCNT and/or Praff as well, just to see if they have earlier allocation, would be nice to have the full summer to enjoy the car.

Quick Reply: Best method to order a 992?