Notices

Luxury Auto Body - Windshield Rust Repair

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 06:43 PM
Luft Cool
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Luxury Auto Body - Windshield Rust Repair

I bought an older 911 in the last year which came with dreaded windshield rust. After some research, I narrowed my search to Pfaff Autoworks, Vaughan Fine and Luxury Auto Body. I made my way to the first two and almost decided to go with one of them, but I decided to take the car to Richard at LAB for a look.

I ended up going with Richard and I am really glad I did. No only did he come in at a much lower price (probably due to not having to remove the windshield), the blend was amazing. No need to repaint the roof as is often recommended by others.

Old 11-23-2021, 07:27 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Richard @ LAB is awesome to deal with - but Pfaff Autoworks is also awesome
Old 11-23-2021, 07:51 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 366 Posts

I have seen multiple cars with that rust problem and once you take the windshield out you must cut out the metal below and reweld, it usually goes behind the windshield even. I am worried for you that they did not remove all of the rust and this will come back. Do you have photos of the rust with the rubber removed before they started? I hope I am wrong in your case.
Old 11-23-2021, 10:16 PM
Luft Cool
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
I have seen multiple cars with that rust problem and once you take the windshield out you must cut out the metal below and reweld, it usually goes behind the windshield even. I am worried for you that they did not remove all of the rust and this will come back. Do you have photos of the rust with the rubber removed before they started? I hope I am wrong in your case.
Good point, Dan.

TBH, I trusted Richard with this one. He removed the seal and from what we could see, we saw that the rust was limited to the surface that “faced the sky”. He told me that he was going to see how bad it was once I left the car with him and I left it up to him as to whether the windshield should be taken out.
Old 11-24-2021, 10:27 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

I think more of that rust is still under the seal.
Old 11-24-2021, 12:24 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,044 Likes on 743 Posts

Richard is beyond compare the guy is amazing... sent lots of people to him with fender benders.
I actually had to beg him to paint the fender on my Audi . he said it was a waster of money and he could touch it up easily and you would hardly notice it. He really thinks about the customers wallet.
I had one GF that kept hitting the post in her underground... he said Clive .. teach her to drive .. i feel bad constantly taking her money lol...

Quick Reply: Luxury Auto Body - Windshield Rust Repair