Notices

993 Prices in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 11:29 PM
sm7400
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 993 Prices in Canada

I’m wondering if anyone has recently purchased a 993 in Canada. Lots of info on US pricing but I’m not finding much on Canadian cars. I found this beautiful C4S in London but at 160K seems high for 100000Kms car. I’ll need to travel to see it but from the phots it’s about the cleanest one I can find in Ontario.

https://finder.porsche.com/ca/en-CA/...reowned-1PO3ZE
Old 01-12-2022, 11:41 PM
Abe Evrens
Rennlist Member

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts

Mileage is not high given its age - remember before they became "uber" desirable people drove and enjoyed them as they were meant. The price tag is another matter all together. If this price is alarming, US prices are even more dear than this $160k CAD. I once saw one at about 12 yrs prior which seems like yesterday at Seigal Motors in Toronto selling for $63k which at that time was not cheap but not insanely over-valued either. I recall it was a stunning black C4S with 46k on the dial - I should have bought it although at that time I was busy collecting Alfa GTV (1969-74 circa cars) - thank god I got out of that illness. At least, I am confident that my Porsche will start and get me to my destination ... driving the Alfa's was a crapshoot albeit when they worked they were exceptional. I have a neighbor and close friend in the beach that has an exceptional 1997 C2S - not for sale but who knows ...
Old 01-12-2022, 11:48 PM
sm7400
Intermediate

Thank you. The colour also gives me pause. It’s beautiful under those dealer lights but the arena red in person i have seen can be quite dull.
Old 01-13-2022, 12:12 AM
ggrace
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Abe Evrens
Mileage is not high given its age - remember before they became "uber" desirable people drove and enjoyed them as they were meant. The price tag is another matter all together. If this price is alarming, US prices are even more dear than this $160k CAD. I once saw one at about 12 yrs prior which seems like yesterday at Seigal Motors in Toronto selling for $63k which at that time was not cheap but not insanely over-valued either. I recall it was a stunning black C4S with 46k on the dial - I should have bought it although at that time I was busy collecting Alfa GTV (1969-74 circa cars) - thank god I got out of that illness. At least, I am confident that my Porsche will start and get me to my destination ... driving the Alfa's was a crapshoot albeit when they worked they were exceptional. I have a neighbor and close friend in the beach that has an exceptional 1997 C2S - not for sale but who knows ...
Don't forget the black 993 Turbo North of Kingston! 👀
Old 01-13-2022, 08:07 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 383 Likes on 208 Posts

As you can see by my past vehicle list, I have perspective, presently ‘shock and awe ‘ - to today’s market. I love air cooled cars and all things Porsche but I can’t get my head around the numbers - simply can’t. They have always been expensive but now even mediocre examples are selling as though they just came off a Barrett Jackson auction….which in my situation, caused me to buy a 1973 BMW roundie (2002) to toy with/ restore last year on weekends that/ which was sensibly priced and equally fun to working on to a 911…but I digress. The OP has asked about timing to this car and the market and I am one who would sit out this year if at all possible understanding the variable emotions in play. We’re in a game of musical chairs and the music is going to stop with I chair short…and the car considered may not be a bad car….but rather is a ‘rising tide raises all ships’ example. I say that with the utmost of respect - caution and caveat though in that IF you like it and IF you are indifferent to defending a story when the market stabilizes and IF 25K doesn’t matter to you over the period of ownership to have something you are passionate about - then PPI it and move forward - why not. Track days, weekends away and going to Home Depot in these cars are wonderful events and we only have so much time…but if being the guy one chair short irks you, I would pass.

I am always casually shopping for a car and can honestly say this is the first time in 25 years where I wouldn’t buy one - not one - car back on the list below for what they are selling for today ..AND/ but…I wouldn’t sell my GT3T for any price because they really nailed it with that one. Finding YOUR perfect car IS the fun of it…but if you can afford it, have an interim Porsche along the way is the best solution.

Last edited by Overdraft; 01-13-2022 at 08:10 AM.
Old 01-13-2022, 09:39 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 722 Likes on 472 Posts

I have to agree with Overdraft and I have a 993 in my garage. I wouldn't buy another one at these prices - but I can say that for almost every car that I like right now. As for the London 993...I'm 99% sure that the seller posted that it was in very nice "driver" quality for the miles. That says to me that it is tired looking and lathered in wax to make her shine! They started that car at $166K a few weeks ago. That said, if it were advertised in the US at that price (approx US $125k or so), it would be sold pretty quickly. Lots of FOMO going on right now.

Last edited by Onami; 01-13-2022 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-13-2022, 10:07 AM
Coussa
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 64 Posts

*Trigger warning* Wow, really makes me appreciate the value of my 996 C4S…
The following users liked this post:
ggrace (01-13-2022)
Old 01-13-2022, 10:52 AM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

I think it was Jay Leno who, way back in the day, said he wasn't paying $100,000 for a 250GTO because it was "just outrageous". Just sayin'. Having said that, I think lots of hard assets will drop in value as interest rates go up.... but then I've been saying rates will start going up any time for a year and a half.....I'm more certain now. As a 993 fan, I'd pay more for an older air kooler than a new Porsche.

Last edited by ronnie993tt; 01-13-2022 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-13-2022, 10:53 AM
Abe Evrens
Rennlist Member

Your forgetting the black 993 Turbo on Alfresco Lawn ...
The following users liked this post:
ggrace (01-13-2022)
Old 01-13-2022, 11:41 AM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Strange times that have completely changed the car hobby (for me anyway). Hold on, I gotta go increase my agreed value on insurance... again .... If I were shopping for another 993 I would expand my search south of the border or even worldwide to have a larger pool of cars to choose from. Collector-grade or uniquely spec'd 993s tend to change hands behind the scenes. The ones you see listed for sale are usually scraps. PC London has been getting a bunch of 993s in lately and it seems that they don't stick around too long. The Arena Red C4S is priced right compared to USA values, but agreed, it's not a super sought-after spec. Good luck with your search!
Old 01-13-2022, 06:17 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,121 Likes on 731 Posts

The pricing isn't out there for the times. But depends on condition. Could be fair, over priced or under priced but need to understand the totality of the car. I bought about 12.5 months ago but started seriously shopping 16 months ago. Pricing was starting to climb in bigger increments in Dec 2020 and shot up Feb onwards. Glad I bought when I did.

As for that car, saw it in person. Will need a paint correction and front end shows use. Interior surfaces were shiny and had a coconut scent. Think you'd want to strip the interior of prior maintenance products. These things can all be done. The speedo was out of the car when I saw it, inquire about that. I didn't explore the details any more than a 5 min look. Arena looks good on a 993.

There's not much in Canada for sale in the open, you'll have to keep your eyes and ears open. You really need to shop the US. You can shop EU but pricing has caught up with the times. Forums, dealers, auction sites. There are cars out there, just need to find a good one and have the finances to get the right one. But right one is not the same for all, really need to sort out what you want, in part defined by budget.
Old 01-13-2022, 08:50 PM
ggrace
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Abe Evrens
Your forgetting the black 993 Turbo on Alfresco Lawn ...
True. In the garage with the stacker!
Old 01-13-2022, 11:16 PM
sm7400
Intermediate

Thanks all for the insight. Appreciate the comments.
Old 01-14-2022, 11:15 AM
Abe Evrens
Rennlist Member

yes I know the guys ...
Old 01-14-2022, 02:30 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdraft
As you can see by my past vehicle list, I have perspective, presently ‘shock and awe ‘ - to today’s market. I love air cooled cars and all things Porsche but I can’t get my head around the numbers - simply can’t. They have always been expensive but now even mediocre examples are selling as though they just came off a Barrett Jackson auction….which in my situation, caused me to buy a 1973 BMW roundie (2002) to toy with/ restore last year on weekends that/ which was sensibly priced and equally fun to working on to a 911…but I digress. The OP has asked about timing to this car and the market and I am one who would sit out this year if at all possible understanding the variable emotions in play. We’re in a game of musical chairs and the music is going to stop with I chair short…and the car considered may not be a bad car….but rather is a ‘rising tide raises all ships’ example. I say that with the utmost of respect - caution and caveat though in that IF you like it and IF you are indifferent to defending a story when the market stabilizes and IF 25K doesn’t matter to you over the period of ownership to have something you are passionate about - then PPI it and move forward - why not. Track days, weekends away and going to Home Depot in these cars are wonderful events and we only have so much time…but if being the guy one chair short irks you, I would pass.

I am always casually shopping for a car and can honestly say this is the first time in 25 years where I wouldn’t buy one - not one - car back on the list below for what they are selling for today ..AND/ but…I wouldn’t sell my GT3T for any price because they really nailed it with that one. Finding YOUR perfect car IS the fun of it…but if you can afford it, have an interim Porsche along the way is the best solution.
Do you ever miss your 6GT3, or does the T cover that off effectively?

Quick Reply: 993 Prices in Canada