Notices

Heading to Monza for the F1 Race this September - looking for tips/advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2022, 02:54 PM
vetfever
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 130 Posts
Default Heading to Monza for the F1 Race this September - looking for tips/advice

Hi Crew

Starting a trip to Italy (Covid permitting) with the Monza race this September. We already have accommodations in Milan, so just looking for info on things like:

- How to buy tickets - I am on the sign up list on the F1 website as it appears ticket sales haven't started yet, but are there other sources?
- Prices from previous years
- Best place - grandstand to sit
- How to get to the track
- Etc....

Thanks!
Old 02-14-2022, 10:35 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 104 Posts

Epic track and trip. Here are some random thoughts (I was there in 2018).

- Get train tickets from Milan Centrale station, they have 3-day passes that include the local bus transfer from Monza train station to the track.
- Check the departure times, and allow enough time for frustration, be prepared for a bit of pushing and shoving to get a spot on the trains, esp. heading back to Milan.
- You definitely want seats, not GA.
- I really enjoyed the the stands on the inside of the of the first RH corner Alta Velocità B N°6.
- Had a screen to follow telemetry, and it's the major braking zone with a fair bit of passing (and missed corners). There are a few websites that explain the views from the various seats.
- Be sure to buy from the the actual track promoters (not re-sellers), at the time was www.monzanet.it
- Be prepared to walk - it's not so much the distance to the entrance of the circuit as the long lineups compounded by the local 'traffic control expertise' LOL. Lots of shuffling, imagine the most inefficient crowd control you could ever conjure up. Tutto Bene!

Have fun.

I'll be back soon enough. Milan is great too... also an easy train ride to Venice for the day if you're interested.

Cheers

Matt

Old 02-14-2022, 10:42 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Awesome, Monza is on my short list as well... this year is likely a stretch but was hoping to do the back to back Spa + Monza weekends before they changed the schedule to add the Dutch GP. We've previously done Monaco (2016) and Japan (2019) plus Montreal of course and have plans to hit the Mexico GP this year. Same as you waiting for tickets to go on sale but already have an Airbnb booked for a week. Should be fun.

On your questions take a look at F1 Destinations, they have a bunch of articles on each race with travel + ticket info, where to sit, etc etc. Lots of other content out there as well.
Old 02-14-2022, 11:25 PM
LZRD GRN
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by vetfever
Hi Crew

Starting a trip to Italy (Covid permitting) with the Monza race this September. We already have accommodations in Milan, so just looking for info on things like:

- How to buy tickets - I am on the sign up list on the F1 website as it appears ticket sales haven't started yet, but are there other sources?
- Prices from previous years
- Best place - grandstand to sit
- How to get to the track
- Etc....

Thanks!
My recommendation is to take a car direct to the track, the hotel should be able to recommend a driver.., prices are reasonable...

Public transport (train) was a mess the one time I used it....

I like Parabolica...

Make sure you walk the track after the race!

The atmosphere is unbelievable!!!

Enjoy!!
Old 02-15-2022, 12:00 PM
vetfever
Rennlist Member

Great info

Thanks everyone
Old 02-15-2022, 02:00 PM
Speed2k
Burning Brakes

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts

Ooh, nice, The Temple of Speed! Please post up your findings, take lots pictures and most importantly, have fun!
Old 07-28-2022, 10:27 AM
PatriziaCanada
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resale tickets?

Does anyone know which site is best for resale tickets for Monza? And does Italy have scalpers at the track?
Old 07-28-2022, 10:51 PM
vetfever
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PatriziaCanada
Does anyone know which site is best for resale tickets for Monza? And does Italy have scalpers at the track?
Have you tried the F1 site? The day I bought our tickets their site had links to third party sellers.

I was able to purchase our two tickets directly from the Monza site, but just barely. I bought literally the last two tickets. They are singles, in the same row, 3 seats apart. I’m hoping we are sitting next to some people who don’t mind shuffling so me bc and my wife can sit together. I speak the language, so hoping they take pity on a couple of Canadian tourists
The following users liked this post:
PatriziaCanada (08-03-2022)
Old 07-30-2022, 12:41 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts

You will likely have to buy from ViaGoGo or similar. F1 is popular now and speculators buy up a ton of tickets for resale. People were paying stupid money for Montreal
Old 07-30-2022, 08:03 PM
Parabolica1
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

This has to be a bucket list item for me. Enjoy and let us know how it was.
Old 08-02-2022, 03:37 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,043 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregster
You will likely have to buy from ViaGoGo or similar. F1 is popular now and speculators buy up a ton of tickets for resale. People were paying stupid money for Montreal
damn drive to survive fanboys who run around talking about "quali" like they are Martin Brundle certified
The following 2 users liked this post by theiceman:
PatriziaCanada (08-03-2022), Zookie (09-12-2022)
Old 08-03-2022, 08:34 AM
PatriziaCanada
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. Ok, I will keep an eye on the F1 ticket site and viagogo. I saw some for sale on Stub hub. Very over-priced. I will see what happens in the next week or two, and may buy those. grrrr
Old 08-21-2022, 07:03 PM
vetfever
Rennlist Member

So we are heading to Italy September 8th and Monza will be our weekend activity.

Ny wife has come to appreciate F1 - thanks Drive to Survive lol - and is asking about commentary while watching the race.

She likes the Sky Sports broadcast, so I was going to look into how to tap into it by perhaps streaming it.

Wondering though of any other options??

thanks
Old 08-23-2022, 08:29 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by vetfever
So we are heading to Italy September 8th and Monza will be our weekend activity.

Ny wife has come to appreciate F1 - thanks Drive to Survive lol - and is asking about commentary while watching the race.

She likes the Sky Sports broadcast, so I was going to look into how to tap into it by perhaps streaming it.

Wondering though of any other options??

thanks
You need a VPN to get F1 TV Pro working in Italy.
Old 09-11-2022, 04:21 PM
vetfever
Rennlist Member

Did the race at Monza today. I have been to quite a few races F1, IMSA, and other series including the Indy 500 this past May.

The experience at Monza this weekend was the worst by far, of any I’ve seen anywhere.

Transportation infrastructure is quite bad in n that they added no extra trains on Saturday, so thousands of people were scrambling to get back to Milan late into the evening.

But the worst is how they handled people flow getting into the park and then moving around once inside. You had to scan out using your ticket if you left your grandstand to go to the bathroom, and then after waiting in line 30 minutes to use the bathroom you had to wait in line again to have your ticket scanned to get back into your grandstand. Incredibly frustrating.

Food sales were done using tokens you had to purchase at booths that were few and far between with huge line up’s. Seems They only had a finite number of tokens in circulation, so the token booths quickly ran out of them, and they didn’t have enough people running around collecting the redeemed tokens from the food and drink vendors and running them back in buckets so they could be sold again.

A **** show doesn’t even come close to describing how poorly organized the weekend was. Many other idiotic rules such as the park gate keepers removing the caps from bottled water you were bringing in lest they be hurled at someone or on to the track, and yet you could purchase bottled water once you were inside the park. lol

If you’re an F1 fan looking to do a race in Europe, choose another track.

Last edited by vetfever; 09-11-2022 at 04:24 PM.
BudgetPlan1 (09-11-2022)

Quick Reply: Heading to Monza for the F1 Race this September - looking for tips/advice