Notices

OT - Toronto recs for restaurants

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2022, 05:59 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,121 Likes on 731 Posts

Could reach out to a place and ask them to hold parking spaces.
The following users liked this post:
bcrdukes (04-27-2022)
Old 04-26-2022, 08:14 PM
pfitzsim
Burning Brakes

Received 183 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by bcrdukes
Totally hijacked Matt's thread haha (Sorry!)

How about we find a nice sunny afternoon/evening sometime in May?
I'm in.
Old 04-26-2022, 08:58 PM
steam_mill
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Here's one for you.....I don't like chicken. Besides the odd wing, really don't derive much enjoyment from the bird. Well, a few weeks ago, picked my wife up at work around 8pm. Wanted to try an Egyptian street food place on College street. Well, they were understaffed, place was full. We were never going to be able to order.

So we end up across the street for take out and ate in the Jeep:

PG CLUCKS - FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICHES

All I can say is that I love a California Veal. My go to comfort, fave food. I would suggest that the chicken sandwich is a close second....and I don't like chicken. They put pickles, coleslaw and some sauce.....Delicious.
Old 04-26-2022, 10:07 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

PG Clucks is great, certainly one of the best fried chicken sandwich places in the city (and there are many these days). Huge portion sizes too.

In my end of town Birdie's Fried Chicken (Coxwell + Gerrard) is also excellent.
Turbodan (04-27-2022)
Old 04-26-2022, 10:28 PM
drewster
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will there be a cabbagetown sub-chapter? Didn’t realize so many 911s hiding…
Old 04-26-2022, 10:46 PM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

Can't come to Toronto without hitting some of pho restaurants on Spadina Rd.. lobsterman house in Scarborough (finch ave)... and do the dim sum. Other than Asia.. the best dim sums in the world are here..
Old 04-27-2022, 01:39 AM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Received 199 Likes on 150 Posts

I sent an email to the Rudy burger location on The Queensway to see if they'd be open to hosting a small group and have their parking spots blocked off. It's a relatively small lot, so who knows, but would be awesome for a few of us to do something different other than the usual cars and coffee weekends. Why not cars and burgers, right?

Even if they say no, or rather, cannot accommodate or guarantee the parking space for us, I think we should still try for it mid May or June on a nice weekend afternoon or evening!
Old 04-27-2022, 11:28 AM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by Chimcu
lobsterman house in Scarborough (finch ave)...
Can't believe I forgot Fishman Lobster Clubhouse... absolutely epic, 100% worth a visit if you're in the GTA. Better with a group so you can get a 15lb lobster mountain or 10lb king crab tower.
Old 04-27-2022, 11:30 AM
hoffa
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Grew up in TO and Bellybuster submarines was a staple through highschool and now everytime I pop into the city. Turkey Bacon is to die for. They have some locations downtown now, but the original is on Yonge between Lawerence and YorkMills.
bcrdukes (04-27-2022)
Old 04-27-2022, 11:37 AM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Oh man, Belly Buster Subs! Yes! When I first came out to Toronto for business in 2006, a friend recommended me to give it a try. Some of the best subs ever!
hoffa (05-03-2022)
Old 04-27-2022, 11:43 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,044 Likes on 743 Posts

seems to me the Burger Boys could have their own forum never mind their own thread.. lol.

We visit all these place and we will need suspension upgrades.. some great spots i have noted to check out . Am really interested in this Rudy place as i have never been. i found Burger priest to be just another chain burger like 5 guys , i love the one off ma and pa places..

like Skyway Jacks in Mississauga or the charcoal pit in Burlington . Nothing fancy . just good comfort food
Old 04-27-2022, 12:08 PM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by hoffa
Grew up in TO and Bellybuster submarines was a staple through highschool and now everytime I pop into the city. Turkey Bacon is to die for. They have some locations downtown now, but the original is on Yonge between Lawerence and YorkMills.
Never been to the original Belly Buster but tried the one on King a few times when my office was in the area and thought it was just ok. The new one in Leslieville however was terrible... it was only a couple weeks after they opened but the bread was stale/bland and toppings were minimal. Wife and child were not pleased either.

I will give it another try to see if they've worked out the kinks but certainly not a good first impression... with so many good food options in the area that is tough to overcome IMO.

Originally Posted by bcrdukes
I sent an email to the Rudy burger location on The Queensway to see if they'd be open to hosting a small group and have their parking spots blocked off. It's a relatively small lot, so who knows, but would be awesome for a few of us to do something different other than the usual cars and coffee weekends. Why not cars and burgers, right?

Even if they say no, or rather, cannot accommodate or guarantee the parking space for us, I think we should still try for it mid May or June on a nice weekend afternoon or evening!
There is also a massive parking lot almost next door to Rudy on Queensway, believe it is for the church there. And the good news is the folks driving a GT3 or RS will be bringing their own tables on the back of the car.
bcrdukes (04-27-2022)
Old 04-27-2022, 02:47 PM
rideau
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Back on topic
My wife belongs to The Verity Club.
George, the club restaurant, is open to the public and it is superb. They also just opened a new bar called “The Secret Bar” and it is very cool.
George and The Secret Bar are located on Queen East between Church and Jarvis so very close to The King Eddy.
Old 04-27-2022, 03:32 PM
pfitzsim
Burning Brakes

Received 183 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by rideau
Back on topic
My wife belongs to The Verity Club.
George, the club restaurant, is open to the public and it is superb. They also just opened a new bar called “The Secret Bar” and it is very cool.
George and The Secret Bar are located on Queen East between Church and Jarvis so very close to The King Eddy.
But do they have good burgers and a decent sized parking lot :-)
The following 2 users liked this post by pfitzsim:
bcrdukes (04-27-2022), theiceman (04-27-2022)
Old 04-27-2022, 03:49 PM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Quick Reply: OT - Toronto recs for restaurants