Notices

413 go Ahead for next year

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 02:09 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 290 Likes on 198 Posts

Could you imagine what it would cost to buy back the 407?
Old 04-18-2024, 04:24 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
you are very lucky you don't have Liberals running the province... all your money would go to Liberal funding construction companies on made up projects and moving gas plants.. you wouldn't even be able to afford to go to LCBO so it wouldn't be an issue.
Sure, because the former hash dealer and school dropout Premier has been doing such a stellar job! 🙄
Doug Ford, brought to you by: failed buck-a-beer, failed blue license plates, Greenbelt parcels for his buddies, gas pump stickers, LCBO paper bags, cancelled and dismantled green energy programs (but now reintroduced at triple the cost).
And soon: beer sales at gas stations! Yeah. top priorities there.
Old 04-18-2024, 05:06 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,043 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Sure, because the former hash dealer and school dropout Premier has been doing such a stellar job! 🙄
Doug Ford, brought to you by: failed buck-a-beer, failed blue license plates, Greenbelt parcels for his buddies, gas pump stickers, LCBO paper bags, cancelled and dismantled green energy programs (but now reintroduced at triple the cost).
And soon: beer sales at gas stations! Yeah. top priorities there.
come on serioiusly ?? you are the guy who said the Ford government should have been able to make a license plate sticker since his company made labels.. also the guy that would have said his government is giving business to his own family business. But that id politics for you i guess.

Liberals were an absolute disaster .. should have gone to prison , and lost official Party status in Ontario and rightly so . PCs immediately stopped Liberal contracts and cancelled many that were to donors and only approved after review. Cancelled your pollution tests that were nothing more than a cash grab and determined to be illegal by the Auditor General and the Liberals new this but did not disclose. Put money back in your pocket, cancelled your licensing fees that put money back in your pocket. Consistently get revoted back in ..... and all for the right reasons ..

and your argument is you didn't get buck a beer ? .. oh and by the way,, the reason you didn't get buck a beer is because Wynne signed a ridiculous contract with the beer store that put Billions into the breweries pockets and gave themselves no out clause. Breweries are far better business people than the Liberal government. Liberals left Ontario an absolute disaster, Glad to see things are starting to turn around.. Its seems like karma that the Toronto People who put Liberals in Office have to live with NDP Mayor, as you likely know if you looked in your wallet lately.

Think about the party , not the man ...
The following 2 users liked this post by theiceman:
KILOFINAL (04-18-2024), Vapordan (04-18-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 05:12 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 144 Posts

413 is to far north to make a dent where the real issues
Old 04-18-2024, 05:19 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

[QUaOTE=STALKER99;19393611]413 is to far north to make a dent where the real issues[/QUOTE]
at least the Brampton boys have a new drag strip location. ..
The following users liked this post:
997turbocab (04-19-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 05:31 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

come on serioiusly ?? you are the guy who said the Ford government should have been able to make a license plate sticker since his company made labels.. also the guy that would have said his government is giving business to his own family business. But that id politics for you i guess.

Liberals were an absolute disaster .. should have gone to prison , and lost official Party status in Ontario and rightly so . PCs immediately stopped Liberal contracts and cancelled many that were to donors and only approved after review. Cancelled your pollution tests that were nothing more than a cash grab and determined to be illegal by the Auditor General and the Liberals new this but did not disclose. Put money back in your pocket, cancelled your licensing fees that put money back in your pocket. Consistently get revoted back in ..... and all for the right reasons ..

and your argument is you didn't get buck a beer ? .. oh and by the way,, the reason you didn't get buck a beer is because Wynne signed a ridiculous contract with the beer store that put Billions into the breweries pockets and gave themselves no out clause. Breweries are far better business people than the Liberal government. Liberals left Ontario an absolute disaster, Glad to see things are starting to turn around.. Its seems like karma that the Toronto People who put Liberals in Office have to live with NDP Mayor, as you likely know if you looked in your wallet lately.

Think about the party , not the man ...
Clive,
I couldn't care less about Buck-a-beer, but all him and his party do is come up with populist slogans that waste time and money. I do think about the party, but the man IS the party with his BS FordNation crap and they all fall in line behind him. He wanted license plate to be blue because he said that the white ones were a liberal colour; pretty sure in the 40 years I've lived in this province, Conservatives formed governments more often than the other parties. Just so tired of every new government overturning anything the previous government did based mostly on ideology. I don't care who gets elected, if only they keep moving things forward, but it's always 2-steps back and 1-step forward no matter who is in power or at what level of gov.
Adamant1971 (04-18-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 06:00 PM
#1SomeGuy
Burning Brakes

Received 538 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99
413 is to far north to make a dent where the real issues
The real issues will continue to sprawl out that way, might not be needed today, in a decade we'll be thankful it's there.
Greg981 (04-18-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 09:24 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I've used the 401 across the city a few times for doctor's appt's at Sunnybrook.I once had to leave Guelph at 6am for a 9 o clock appointment. I made it with 15 minutes to spare. I wouldn't want to do that every day.
If I'm heading to Oshawa to take my f-inlaw to lunch and shopping the 407 is my best friend.
Old 04-19-2024, 08:36 AM
pfitzsim
Burning Brakes

Received 183 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian 162
I've used the 401 across the city a few times for doctor's appt's at Sunnybrook.I once had to leave Guelph at 6am for a 9 o clock appointment. I made it with 15 minutes to spare. I wouldn't want to do that every day.
If I'm heading to Oshawa to take my f-inlaw to lunch and shopping the 407 is my best friend.
Shopping in Oshawa????
997turbocab (04-19-2024)
Old 04-19-2024, 11:05 AM
rensoyka
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 98 Posts

the more vehicles that are just passing through toronto, especially trucks, that can be shifted to the 407 or 413 should make the locals happier and the 401 less brutal. in the u.s. the original concept of the interstate highways was to allow vehicles to travel quickly between states and miss the larger cities. however with time and population increases there are a lot them that pass right through major cities now. same as the 401. congestion is inevitable.
as for right and left having a consensus, yah right that's about as likely as arabs and jews coming to a consensus. liberals will always hate conservatives and vice versa.
Old 04-19-2024, 11:17 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by rensoyka
the more vehicles that are just passing through toronto, especially trucks, that can be shifted to the 407 or 413 should make the locals happier and the 401 less brutal. in the u.s. the original concept of the interstate highways was to allow vehicles to travel quickly between states and miss the larger cities. however with time and population increases there are a lot them that pass right through major cities now. same as the 401. congestion is inevitable.
as for right and left having a consensus, yah right that's about as likely as arabs and jews coming to a consensus. liberals will always hate conservatives and vice versa.
I Think hate is a pretty strong word .... I don't mind either Liberal or conservativism. But what i do find irritating is extremism on both sides of the isle. As that does not move the conversation forward.
Old 04-19-2024, 11:36 AM
997turbocab
Burning Brakes

Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

as in " new to the country' ..... 100% ...

I'm glad other people notice this. It makes my blood boil... and no enforcement ever.
Old 04-19-2024, 12:33 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
Could you imagine what it would cost to buy back the 407?
I think its current value is around $36 billion. I love the 407 and am happy to pay. I have friends who would have to change their jobs or residences without it. I think it's better to have the option. If the 407 was free, it would be just another packed highway in short order. Sure would not be popular but if they really wanted to reduce traffic, they'd make all highways toll roads and open the Greenbelt to housing development.
Old 04-19-2024, 02:22 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 997turbocab
I'm glad other people notice this. It makes my blood boil... and no enforcement ever.
this is the biggest reason i would want to have LED scrolling signs in my rear window, which again.. is illegal...
Old 04-19-2024, 04:14 PM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 100 Likes on 84 Posts

Not sure how it helps "trucks passing thru Toronto"

Took a look at the proposed route. Might save a little time for the people coming from the west to go up to Barrie.... Not sure how much time it will time it will save me if going into the GTA.

My Cottage routes from Heidelberg to Gravenhurst:
backroads (2h45min-3hr dependent if it's a long weekend or not)
401-407-400 (fastest 2h30 mins - but this is at a little crazy speeds - not worth it today) might go over 4hrs depending if stuck in Barrie, Toronto, Milton etc)
401-400 (under 3 hrs if I leave home at 9-10pm).

Quick Reply: 413 go Ahead for next year