Notices

Lamborghini Gallardo

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Trova Fortuna
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lamborghini Gallardo

What's everyone's impression of the Gallardo? Owners or potential owners, speak up. Would you guys buy one?

Thanks in advance,

Marco
Old 10-26-2006, 03:21 PM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

Welcome to Rennlist !!

"Audighini"............that word sums it up for me anyways.

The styling leaves me wanting...........especially at the rear quarters. I absolutely love their pearl paints and the wild 60's retro colors though.

The interior electronics and switchgear are right out of the Audi parts bin. Kinda tough to look at parts from a $30K car when you are driving a $250K one. The plastic bits, little cubby holes, etc, are cheap and break off easily, but the rest of the interior "design" is very nice, and the leatherwork is first class IMHO.

The feeling of the AWD system, power steering and everything else (to me anyways) is like the entire car has been injected with novocaine.......same for the Murci...........and I have a fair amount of seat time in both.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:24 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YYC930
Welcome to Rennlist !!

"Audighini"............that word sums it up for me anyways.

The styling leaves me wanting...........especially at the rear quarters. I absolutely love their pearl paints and the wild 60's retro colors though.

The interior electronics and switchgear are right out of the Audi parts bin. Kinda tough to look at parts from a $30K car when you are driving a $250K one. The plastic bits, little cubby holes, etc, are cheap and break off easily, but the rest of the interior "design" is very nice, and the leatherwork is first class IMHO.

The feeling of the AWD system, power steering and everything else (to me anyways) is like the entire car has been injected with novocaine.......same for the Murci...........and I have a fair amount of seat time in both.
let me guess...you prefer the LP430!! hahahahahha
Old 10-26-2006, 09:34 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

id take the F360 or F430 over the Gallardo. Now if your buying a Murci thats a diffrent thing. Plus the F-Cars sound much batter... my 2 cents
Old 10-30-2006, 03:20 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

I haven't driven one for a few years and we only had a few hours in it but I thought it was rather bland. great sound and there's no question it can move but the steering is a bit numb and there are too many Audi bits in the interior.

I've always felt that there's no good reason to buy a Gallardo if you can afford a Murcielago unlike at Ferrari where each model serves a different purpose. If you had enough cash there's be a valid reason for owning each Ferrari model in the range; Enzo (supercar), F430 (sports car), Scag (touring car and four seater), F599 (GT/daily driver), etc...

That being said Ferraris do absolutely nothing for me and I couldn't tell you why.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:34 AM
phwang20
Instructor

Gallardo's are amazing. The F cars are gorgeous too, but something about the V10 gets me pumped up. Two thumbs up from me. If there was a choice between a Gallardo and 360, I'd go w/ a G. If it was a G vs 430, then it would be a flip of the coin. In the end, I think G is more rare.

Quick Reply: Lamborghini Gallardo