Notices

Anybody wanna buy my 944?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 12:38 AM
Mamooguy
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody wanna buy my 944?

Just thought I'd mention it here before I put it in Craigslist.

1987 944 NA automatic, engine is rock-solid and totally problem-free. At the moment it has a serious transmission leak which I'll be getting fixed before I sell it.

I just threw on a new set of $700 tires on there a couple of weeks ago. It also has a Sony stereo with an iPod connector. It has somewhere north of 200,000 km on it, and I've been religious about keeping it in good shape. It has zero rust.

It could use a paint job, especially the hood (previous owner made some tentative squirts with a spray can, looks like).

It's an awesome car, I totally adore it ... 944s handle like a multi-orgasmic dream. Unfortunately I'm moving in with my girlfriend, who has a car, and we're probably moving overseas in a few months so the beloved car has to go.

I plan to ask $5k or so, but I'll let it go for considerably less to a Rennlister.

PM me if interested.

Here's me with the car on the west coast last summer:

Old 07-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Whatever you do, don't put it on ebay!

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=418145

Good luck with the sale - they're not the easiest of cars to sell!
Old 07-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Mamooguy
Three Wheelin'

Holy crap! That link scares me.

I do think I should probably lower the sale price, tho, especially since I only paid $3600 for it (but I've done a timing belt/water pump job on it, along with swapping the tranny (to an awesome S2 tranny).

I was planning to try Craigslist first and see how it goes. That's how I sold my last car.

Anyone here wanting it, drop me a line.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Christien
Race Car

If you can sell it here on rennlist or pelican, I think your chances of going through what I went through are significantly lower. Then again, this guy seemed perfectly reasonable all the way up until I received that email July 1. He said several times "it's a used car, I expect there to be a few problems", which is exactly what anyone should expect. But they should stick to that expectation!
Old 07-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Mamooguy
Three Wheelin'

World's fulla psychos, unfortunately. And half of 'em are on the 401. And now one of 'em has a nice used Porsche, thanks to you.

(j/k)
Old 07-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Rob993
Rennlist Member

Christien,

Did it get resolved by Paypal in your favour. I use paypal to buy little things here and there and it's linked to my bank account. Changing it to a credit card account today.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:29 AM
Christien
Race Car

Yes, it did, at least one of the 2 claims and the other one should be 24 hrs behind. I'm done with paypal for good, but that has nothing to do with the dispute. When the final bill came in, the charges are outrageous. Do you know they charge a 2.5% "spread" (read: markup) on top of the absolute most unfair exchange rate? They claim their "bank" provides them with the exchange rates (which was 2 points off in the wrong direction what xe.com and the bank of Canada were posting that day) yet they won't disclose what bank this is, nor where they get their rates.

Paypal sucks, so does ebay. Next time I want to sell a car it's going only in autotrader.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 365 Posts

with paypal you can leave funds in american or canadian and exchange it on your own.

Imoo,
good luck with the sale. seems like a good price for a fun automatic.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Mamooguy
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, it breaks my heart to let 'er go.

But I like to think she was just my first Porsche, and not my last!

Quick Reply: Anybody wanna buy my 944?