Notices

dealer prices in canada are really just crazy

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 12:12 PM
jasonintoronto
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hoffa
So my deal feel through and decided to call around today.

http://pfaff.porschedealer.com/2006/...90488/info.php

I've been eyeing this car for awhile (it listed in july) but hesitated due to the price, and colour. I’d prefer nav (yes, can do the upgrade), and would prefer white or slate grey, but i have to start to be more accommodating.

Gave them a call today and said I'd be willing to come this weekend and make an offer in the high 60s, but they just aren’t willing to deal. Its listed at 79,9 and they said they'd only accept something within a few thousand. Crazy!

The hunt continues!
Originally Posted by jasonintoronto
this car was originally listed in june 22 at 85k. price was lowered to 82k on aug 10 and 80k on oct 5th.
hoffa, the asking price of this car was just lowered again, to $75k in autotrader.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:51 PM
hoffa
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Funny, he said he would only give a few thousand.

Still think its about 10k overpriced.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:18 AM
hoffa
Rennlist Member

so the US car deal is off. The title was going to take too long to arrive (up to 8 weeks), and with the massive drop in the US-CAD dollar I was a little worried about the wait. Plus by end of December I would have had to ship it. Too many red flags.

So... I went to check out the Silver/Cocoa car at Pfaff in Oakville on the weekend. The car is in great shape. Not a rock chip on it. They are pretty adamant about the price. I got them to go from 75 to 72, but I insisted I wasn’t going above 70. My opinion is that comparables are in the mid 60s, but without warranty in Canada.

Thoughts?
Old 11-03-2009, 11:39 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

What does the DME report look like? Any over revs?
Are they including a CPO?
You are so close, I doubt they'd let a deal walk at this time of year for the difference..... rather than carry it over the winter.

:cheers;
Old 11-03-2009, 12:20 PM
hoffa
Rennlist Member

I havent asked for the DME yet. It includes CPO.

The carrying it over the winter was my arguement as well. They said they just dropped it $5k. I also dont think cocoa has the resale they want... i really like it though

I just saw the sold their bassalt black/black full leather car. It was a "better deal" with nav & PSE for the same price. I just didnt want black.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:02 PM
jasonintoronto
Burning Brakes

the cocoa car is a canadian car?
Old 11-03-2009, 05:57 PM
hoffa
Rennlist Member

yes... from quebec actually.

By my math, i'd be spending ~5k extra to buy this canadian car vs finding a 2006 C2S at about 55K US.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:40 PM
arjag
Instructor

I just purchased my first 993, a 1998 S car from Toronto. It was exactly what I wanted, I had been looking a long time. I could have bought one in the US for $10K cheaper but by the time I paid shipping, duty, and the stupid porsche tax it would have been almost the same. Check out TruSpeed, Sloan or RPM. Their prices are the same as Canadian prices. Now these are high for the US but THEY ARE GOOD CARS. That is the difference if it is a great car you will pay a premium.
Alex
Old 11-03-2009, 08:15 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,015 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
Ice: if you wanted a car and liked it why would you not pay the same for a US car or Cdn if it is already imported? both from the same factory. does this apply if say you were looking for a an older pcar as well? I would think that if it is the car and condition that you want you should pay the same for Cdn or US car.
That's just me I guess .... don't know why .. I think there are a few out there like me ..
Old 11-03-2009, 08:20 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,015 Likes on 722 Posts

so the US car deal is off. The title was going to take too long to arrive (up to 8 weeks), and with the massive drop in the US-CAD dollar I was a little worried about the wait. Plus by end of December I would have had to ship it. Too many red flags.

So... I went to check out the Silver/Cocoa car at Pfaff in Oakville on the weekend. The car is in great shape. Not a rock chip on it. They are pretty adamant about the price. I got them to go from 75 to 72, but I insisted I wasn’t going above 70. My opinion is that comparables are in the mid 60s, but without warranty in Canada.

Thoughts?
Leave him your name and number and what your willing to pay and leave it with him. Tell him when and if he is ready to take what you offer to call you, but not to wait to long because you are actively looking and will buy another car soon ... as the end of the month aproachees , he will call if he wants to make the deal ..
Old 11-04-2009, 03:34 AM
tailpipe
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

this RIV deal as far as i know is only for cars less than 15 yrs old if your bringing in a vintage car as i did with my 77 928 make sure you get the customs ppl to stamp the insepction box at the border or you will have to get canadian tire to do it when you go to register the car. also check where the car was assembled if the car was put together in north america no matter what the name brand is on it its duty free, thanks to the free trade auto agreement this also stands for any auto parts that you may import as long as it is clearly maked on the box "original equipment replacment auto parts" And if they ask you if your car has airconditioning say "i don't think so" it might save you $100 bucks

Paul with to many 928s
Old 11-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Granger968
Rennlist Member

So my deal feel through and decided to call around today.

http://pfaff.porschedealer.com/2006/...90488/info.php

I've been eyeing this car for awhile (it listed in july) but hesitated due to the price, and colour. I’d prefer nav (yes, can do the upgrade), and would prefer white or slate grey, but i have to start to be more accommodating.

Gave them a call today and said I'd be willing to come this weekend and make an offer in the high 60s, but they just aren’t willing to deal. Its listed at 79,9 and they said they'd only accept something within a few thousand. Crazy!

The hunt continues!

Received a mailer from Stoddard Porsche just this weekend with several NEW cars marked down $10k-22k. If I recall, some of those were below $80k...

http://www.stoddardporscheaudi.com/n...ventoryListing
Old 11-10-2009, 04:58 PM
stangri
6th Gear

Originally Posted by theiceman
and don't forget the 1200 dollar extrotion fee to Porsche if oyu buy one in the US.
I thought Porsche/VW/Audi did not require inspection/mods to be done by a dealer?
Old 11-10-2009, 05:10 PM
jasonintoronto
Burning Brakes

porsche does.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:44 PM
stangri
6th Gear

Why it doesn't say so here: http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/safev...t2/PORSCHE.htm ?

Usually it's in the NOTES section, like it is for BMW/Mini and MB.

Quick Reply: dealer prices in canada are really just crazy