RSP Motorsports - feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 07:39 AM
Jagsiva
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RSP Motorsports - feedback?

www.rspmotorsports.com

Anybody heard of these guys? They are located in London. I'm thinking of getting my car dyno'd here. My warranty runs out at the end of the year, and in addition to the dyno, they give you a full report on all computer readouts while the car is running at various speeds.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:51 AM
KILRWAIL
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jagsiva
www.rspmotorsports.com

Anybody heard of these guys? They are located in London. I'm thinking of getting my car dyno'd here. My warranty runs out at the end of the year, and in addition to the dyno, they give you a full report on all computer readouts while the car is running at various speeds.
Their shop is worth a visit. It's owned by two seasoned German guys who have a similar operation in Germany. They have a full chassis dyno and numerous high end rides that they service and modify - not only Porsche, but also Ferrari and Lamborghini. I visited them while in London for other reasons, to scout a bit on behalf of a friend who was helping Ruf evaluate potential North American agents. They were very friendly and open and gave us a thorough tour. I wouldn't hesitate to try them if I lived in the area.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:41 AM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Jag, I've heard good and bad about them. There is someone on Rennlist who is involved in a lawsuit with them. Sean had a good experience with them. I don't think anything can go wrong with a dyno test so I'd say go for it.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:51 AM
Quinlan
Racer

Nothing but good experience here - Renato and Stefan are top notch. I know Bill had a bad experience a few years back, but I think you will find that to be the case with ANY shop (or any business for that matter).
This shop is an absolute treasure to have in the London area - the engine dyno and 4 wheel chassis dyno are really state-of-the-art.
Give them a try Jag......
Old 03-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Sunchenzo
5th Gear

Thumbs up RSP

+1 for rsp

had my car serviced and dyno'd at RSP.

Had the car delivered at 9am, the car was then ready that day at around 6pm.

No problems and/or hesitations when dealing with either Stefan or Renato.

Sunny
Old 03-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 365 Posts

is there dyno 4wd? and are the rollers powered? not sure about the 996 but 993 needs powered rollers or you will fry the viscious coupler.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:37 PM
KILRWAIL
Instructor

Originally Posted by Turbodan
is there dyno 4wd? and are the rollers powered? not sure about the 996 but 993 needs powered rollers or you will fry the viscious coupler.
Their dyno is AWD. Their material doesn't say whether any rollers are powered. 519-474-7700
Old 03-30-2010, 08:57 PM
swbatte
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had very good experience with RSP. They have dyno'd my car - I"m certain they can meet your needs. Go over there and ask for a tour. I'm sure they will be happy to answer any questions.

Dennis - did you get your new wheels yet?
Old 03-30-2010, 09:30 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Jag, I spoke with a friend today who recently had his Boxster serviced there. He had nothing but good things to say about RSP. He knows someone with an older 911 who swears by RSP as well.

Originally Posted by swbatte
I have had very good experience with RSP. They have dyno'd my car - I"m certain they can meet your needs. Go over there and ask for a tour. I'm sure they will be happy to answer any questions.

Dennis - did you get your new wheels yet?
It's this side of the border, but still waiting to be safetied. It passed the e-test. It arrived at my friend's dealership on Saturday and I took it for a quick spin.

See here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/7432903-post27.html
Old 03-31-2010, 02:21 AM
Jagsiva
Instructor

Guys, went in to get my battery changed and had a great tour as well. The dyno is AWD and has the safety straps etc. You could eat off the floor. He also had a diablo with the engine out. Incase anyone is curious, a full engine out rebuild service on that beast is 35K!

The service was great, the place looked great. For these guys to be setup here outside of London, they've got to be operating on their reputation. I'm in for the Dyno test. I'll be also out of warrantly in December, so I'll give them a shot for all my service needs as well.

Dennis, still waiting to here on the big arrival!
Old 09-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Bill N
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Quinlan
Nothing but good experience here - Renato and Stefan are top notch. I know Bill had a bad experience a few years back, but I think you will find that to be the case with ANY shop (or any business for that matter).
This shop is an absolute treasure to have in the London area - the engine dyno and 4 wheel chassis dyno are really state-of-the-art.
Give them a try Jag......
Hey, Arthur, I came across this, and just can't let it go by without comment. I don't expect perfection, and certainly accepted a lot from Renato that was less than perfect. However, when he is presented with good evidence that he made a fundamental and costly mistake in putting my engine together (ie, putting the balance shafts in backwards), and then refuses to take any responsibility whatsoever (or, indeed, even respond to my communication with him about the error), I think that's beyond what one would find with any shop that I would choose to deal with.
The following users liked this post:
Jackson M (06-19-2021)
Old 09-13-2010, 01:21 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,043 Likes on 742 Posts

how does one put a balance shaft in backwards !!!! i mean i can see it being out of phase .. actually the shop that rebuilt my engine put them in 180 deg out of pahase and I had a lot of horrable vibration .. when i went to get it retentioned the mech told me about it and fixed it . it ran like a new car after that .. but backwards ? sheesh ..
Old 09-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Bill N
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry, that's right...out of phase.
The following users liked this post:
Jackson M (06-19-2021)
Old 09-13-2010, 06:17 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Well, Porsche of London just opened up 10 minutes down the road from RSP. I suspect most people will now go there for routine maintenance.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:26 PM
swbatte
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PbPedis
Well, Porsche of London just opened up 10 minutes down the road from RSP. I suspect most people will now go there for routine maintenance.
You made an impression on them Dennis - they mentioned the guy in the Ferrari when I went over there to say hi.

Porsche London was very nice and welcoming, but I suspect I'll stick with RSP. It's great to have a dealership locally though.

Quick Reply: RSP Motorsports - feedback?