Notices

GTA Exotics - Questionable Ethics? (RESOLVED - see last post ;) )

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 11:07 PM
cjn928
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wspr
i'd appreciate if you do not spread lies about my company on the internet. As we both know and I explained to you before, There was never an agreement, and stated in front of 3 witnesses that you didn't give us a spot because we never answered you back about coming down to the show. When we saw you are the show, you stated, "It doesn't matter if you are late, you guys do not have a spot in the show because you did not answer me." As for the statement about the trex, it did break down and that was not a lie, and we have witnesses to prove so. As well, while we discussing this deal, before we did not agree to come down, you told us before that it was $500, NOT $700. Therefore, it seems to be that you are the one altering the truth here; and we BOTH have proof on our emails.

I have shown the emails to my lawyer and the police for you threatening me through email. Whoever knows who you are and this situation knows that you are lying and there was never an agreement. if you do have any receipts showing proof, then you can further your pursuits.

If you continue lying on the internet and demeaning my company i will take legal action towards you.

good luck.
It just reads like a PETTY business person who's hard up for $500-$750..
Phil organized this as a FUN and charitable event....for all to enjoy.

I thought I'd sit back and see how this unfolds, but it seems that you need the LUCK wspr....
Old 07-07-2011, 11:14 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Interesting thread.

Guess I'll subscribe and track it by posting into the thread.

Carry on

John D.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:23 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wspr, were you parked at the event, handing out flyers? Did you pay?

OT, but John, I like that it just says "Rennlist" under your name. I haven't forgotten about your ebook, by the way -- I'm waiting on a replacement iPad!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:30 AM
wspr
2nd Gear

There is a big misunderstanding regarding this entire issue. Phillip knew I intended to bring only one vehicle a Trex and we agreed to pay $200 for the donation fee. There was to be no advertising IN the show. We spoke extensively on the phone and expressed my intentions directly to Phillip.
At the same time I was speaking with Gary who is organizing a Italian car show in woodbridge. I expressed we were interested in his show and would bring 3 cars and pay the $750 to promote.
The girls at the office assumed Phil was the woodbridge show and stated we would be bring 3 cars to advertise.(the yorkville explicitly does not allow advertising) This should have rang some bells with Phil because he knew I only wanted to bring the Trex and pay $200
The day comes and the trex fuel pump breaks down enroute. We decided fulfill our obligations to the show and bring a gallardo after the show started. Phil approches us OUTSIDE the show and states that we were not confirmed for the show. I stated To my knowledge a cheque was in the mail for the $200 but the postal strike delayed it. Phil DID NOT OFFER to open the gate to enter the show . we put in the extra effort to help make a better show and were snuffed so we decided to promote OUTSIDE of the show and placed seat covers on the seats to ALLOW people to sit in the car for photos. Since we were not in the show and off their property we advertised and engaged people figuring public property was fine.
Since Phillip stated we were not registered for the show and did not allow us in the show AFTER OUR EFFORTS the office cancelled the cheque.
A week after the show Phil calls the office trying to extort $750 knowing full well our deal was $200. We all know to sponsor a car was $200 so even if I brought 3 cars why would we pay $750. If he allowed us in the show and allowed promotions then I would agree paying extra. It was conveyed to me that Phillip was extremely rude and racist and basically scared the female receptionist and therefor refused to answer further calls until I arrived.
Phillip asked the Staff to get Stewart to call him on Friday july 7 when i returned from vacation to straighten it out and I come back to this childish rant. Our company donates our time and resources to numerous charities and gives back to our community on a regular basis. We are not out to cheat anyone but this bullying stunt that phillip is doing is totally wrong. If he used his brain and allowed us in the show and not stiffed us we would not have this issue . he would have been paid promptly and his patrons would have been happy to sit in a lambo instead of always looking at them.
There are always two sides to a storey folks and I can assure you im not hard up.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:40 AM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

"extort" AND "racist" in only his 2nd post. That's got to be a record.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:33 AM
SY6TTX50
Racer

Wow F rating .
Old 07-08-2011, 05:58 AM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"We put in the extra effort to help make the show" ...... Gee I guess a few of us missed that. .... but the car was actually in the show. The responses to this thread do not seem to me to be helping GTA Exotics. How would we all feel discussing this in Haiti and what would those people think?
Old 07-08-2011, 11:13 AM
mister_2
Intermediate

Originally Posted by wspr
There is a big misunderstanding regarding this entire issue. Phillip knew I intended to bring only one vehicle a Trex and we agreed to pay $200 for the donation fee. There was to be no advertising IN the show. We spoke extensively on the phone and expressed my intentions directly to Phillip.
At the same time I was speaking with Gary who is organizing a Italian car show in woodbridge. I expressed we were interested in his show and would bring 3 cars and pay the $750 to promote.
The girls at the office assumed Phil was the woodbridge show and stated we would be bring 3 cars to advertise.(the yorkville explicitly does not allow advertising) This should have rang some bells with Phil because he knew I only wanted to bring the Trex and pay $200
The day comes and the trex fuel pump breaks down enroute. We decided fulfill our obligations to the show and bring a gallardo after the show started. Phil approches us OUTSIDE the show and states that we were not confirmed for the show. I stated To my knowledge a cheque was in the mail for the $200 but the postal strike delayed it. Phil DID NOT OFFER to open the gate to enter the show . we put in the extra effort to help make a better show and were snuffed so we decided to promote OUTSIDE of the show and placed seat covers on the seats to ALLOW people to sit in the car for photos. Since we were not in the show and off their property we advertised and engaged people figuring public property was fine.
Since Phillip stated we were not registered for the show and did not allow us in the show AFTER OUR EFFORTS the office cancelled the cheque.
A week after the show Phil calls the office trying to extort $750 knowing full well our deal was $200. We all know to sponsor a car was $200 so even if I brought 3 cars why would we pay $750. If he allowed us in the show and allowed promotions then I would agree paying extra. It was conveyed to me that Phillip was extremely rude and racist and basically scared the female receptionist and therefor refused to answer further calls until I arrived.
Phillip asked the Staff to get Stewart to call him on Friday july 7 when i returned from vacation to straighten it out and I come back to this childish rant. Our company donates our time and resources to numerous charities and gives back to our community on a regular basis. We are not out to cheat anyone but this bullying stunt that phillip is doing is totally wrong. If he used his brain and allowed us in the show and not stiffed us we would not have this issue . he would have been paid promptly and his patrons would have been happy to sit in a lambo instead of always looking at them.
There are always two sides to a storey folks and I can assure you im not hard up.
How come in your first post the deal was $500 and now it's $200? Did you even read what you wrote on here???
Old 07-08-2011, 11:19 AM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

In a further review of the Mx6 forum, you can assume that the GTA exotic a55hat has threatened another poster with "legal" action.

This is some funny stuff. Maybe he's got enough money to sue the whole rennlist community, or even the Internet????
Old 07-08-2011, 12:43 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,043 Likes on 742 Posts

This whole thing is kind of embarassing really. This is not a 6 speed forum where people are trashing people and I thought we were above that, guess not. Sounds like these two parties have a disagreement and need to sort it between them. I saw that lambo at the show and thought the guy handing out cards was pretty cheesy and low class to be parasiting off someone elses show. But these two guys have to sort it between them

..unsubscribing to the juvenile drama.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:51 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 345 Posts

All I can say is; Hell of a way to introduce yourself to the community. Good day.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:05 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

I subscribed to this thread for a reason, and with the responses, I'm pretty sure I have a good idea of the events.

Rather than bring all of Rennlist into this, I'm cautiously optimistic that GTA will reach out to make this right - and both individuals will take the professional "high road".

I'm closing this thread for now.

My best always,

John

Edited by John D. - this has been resolved! My thanks to both GTA & Phil Downe..! Read here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...-resolved.html

Quick Reply: GTA Exotics - Questionable Ethics? (RESOLVED - see last post ;) )