Toronto to lower speed limits again?...my new Porsche and BMW

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 09:19 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Toronto to lower speed limits again?...my new Porsche and BMW

http://www.thestar.com/news/cityhall...icer-says?bn=1

Another wonderful ideas to make the lives of drivers better. Still, it gives me an opportunity to get rid of my current cars and buy something more in tune with the thinking of the medical officer. Admittedly I might have to retrofit airbags.

Here they are: My new Porsche and BMW!!

Old 04-24-2012, 09:49 AM
ZR8ED
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't worry about getting those. Once they finally ban the evil automobile, you won't have to commute to work anymore. You'll be too busy farming your backyard so you can eat...too bad for you condo guys....
Old 04-24-2012, 09:58 AM
rideau
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

It has already started. The Bayview Extension limit has been reduced from 70km to 60km. Oddly enough, police radar presence has risen and they have had plenty of trade...whatever could this mean?
Old 04-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Pure safety precaution because of all those 200km/h minivan drivers on the Bayview Extension of course. Nothing whatsoever to do with revenue.

Honest.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:53 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

I will never live downtown/uptown I'd rather smell cow pie.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:08 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR8ED
Don't worry about getting those. Once they finally ban the evil automobile, you won't have to commute to work anymore. You'll be too busy farming your backyard so you can eat...too bad for you condo guys....
They will have to dedicated floors to gardens. Maintenance fees will triple.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:33 AM
PG993
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rideau
It has already started. The Bayview Extension limit has been reduced from 70km to 60km. Oddly enough, police radar presence has risen and they have had plenty of trade...whatever could this mean?
I drive the extension every day and let me tell you "business" is busting. Normally there's 2 radar detectors (not officers actual radar units set up) on the south bound side just before entry to Rosedale Valley Road. This is a 4 lane highway with no residence, no schools, no pedestrians, how do you come up with a limit of 60km/hr. Who decides this stuff anyway.

I've routinely driven the extension since I was 16 years old and in all that time I can't recall one single traffic incident. All of a sudden its necessary to reduce the limit to 60 for safety and enforce it like its some secret Al Quaeda transport conduit thats pinnacle to Canadian safety. Give me a freaking break.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:26 PM
fanny bay r1
Burning Brakes

You can't go far wrong by ignoring anything the medical community ever tells you IMO!! They'd have everyone walking around in cotton batten with hockey helmets on all the time and ban anything remotely fun. Any time any one of my employees ever goes to a Dr they only have one response, week or two off for anything - soft bloody sods. I'd have Dr's pay adjusted down for the cost to business productivity.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:49 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

We need to set up an organization to lobby the interests of drivers. Part of the campaign for safety would be proper driver education.

A side campaign would be proper utilization of police resources. Sitting on the side of the road writing tickets to those in the community who work hard and produce for this country is a waste of my tax dollars.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:09 PM
Bahama
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Just figured another use for all those dash cams we've been talking about (not that I would do this)...
Drive through at proper speed, cam the chaos of tax collectors jumping out in front of traffic to fetch revenue. Then post on Youtube with the caption "Thankfully traffic safety finally secured on Bayview Extension"
Old 04-24-2012, 08:12 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche0nut
We need to set up an organization to lobby the interests of drivers. Part of the campaign for safety would be proper driver education.

A side campaign would be proper utilization of police resources. Sitting on the side of the road writing tickets to those in the community who work hard and produce for this country is a waste of my tax dollars.
+1. That's how the bike/enviro ***** get stupid projects like the Jarvis bike lanes implemented.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:53 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 366 Posts

I am happy that I do not commute that way any more....I used to every day and I am sure I surpassed the limit at least once or twice
it was like my own private raceway. Is nothing sacred anymore?
Old 04-24-2012, 11:13 PM
Sciloh
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well....there goes my place to go for just a "drive"

Old 04-24-2012, 11:17 PM
996_North
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

"Toronto’s chief medical officer wants the city to cut speed limits by 10 to 20 kilometres per hour to reduce the severity of injuries to pedestrians and cyclists"..with that logic you can also suggest that all pedestrians should wear helmets (because that too will reduce the severity of injuries)..or wrap yourself in bubble wrap..i'm most concerned about my pizza now arriving late.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:23 AM
ZR8ED
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 996_North
"Toronto’s chief medical officer wants the city to cut speed limits by 10 to 20 kilometres per hour to reduce the severity of injuries to pedestrians and cyclists"..with that logic you can also suggest that all pedestrians should wear helmets (because that too will reduce the severity of injuries)..or wrap yourself in bubble wrap..i'm most concerned about my pizza now arriving late.
Motorcyclists on the road wear helmets, Bicyclists must wear helmet. Makes sense that a pedestrian on the road should wear one too!...if not stay off the roads/crosswalks..

Late pizza deliveries! yea 30 min or its cold but FREE

Quick Reply: Toronto to lower speed limits again?...my new Porsche and BMW