Notices

O/T. Ford out of office

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 10:02 AM
tarbender
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its been said before and I say again, he is an oaf and a baffoon. He either lacks common sense or is a complete moron for some of things he says and does. We need someone to stop the gravy train but isn't there someone with a bit more between the ears?
Old 11-27-2012, 10:33 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by moab
Yeah, I care if someone in Sherbrooke is laughing at Toronto.
ROLF!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:47 AM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

I want Ford back and I can't really believe he'll loose on appeal. Tory is a tax & spend liberal but Doug Holyday did a great job in Etobicoke. He's fiscally responsible - Etobicoke privatized garbage pick-up long ago - and is more politically savy than Ford. He might be better at bringing the centrist councillors on side with a more prudent spending agenda......particularly in dealing with our bloated police force. He is Deputy Mayor for a reason....
Old 11-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Targatoo
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Something funny occurred to me. Some of Ford's opponents don't think much of football, either.

I bet if Ford had raised money for a tree-hugger charity, this charge would never have come to light. I think the people who hate Ford probably don't even think that his contribution to football is charitable.

It would have been hard for an NDP'er to force him out of office for raising three grand for the SPCA or the Sierra Club.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:10 PM
fanny bay r1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Targatoo
Something funny occurred to me. Some of Ford's opponents don't think much of football, either.

I bet if Ford had raised money for a tree-hugger charity, this charge would never have come to light. I think the people who hate Ford probably don't even think that his contribution to football is charitable.

It would have been hard for an NDP'er to force him out of office for raising three grand for the SPCA or the Sierra Club.
Absolutely correct - the left only likes to play by the rules if they win, when they loose they constantly try to undermine democracy. This stems from the fact that they think know better than anyone else how your money should be spent - Lesbian Rythmic Ice bowling Centre/Smudge Pot Healing Circle anyone!! Ford's a bit of a goofball but he was elected - nuff said!!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:43 PM
entdoc
Instructor

Regardless of how everyone feels about him, I had a huge problem with city beaurocracy last year. I called the mayor's office and he called me back personally and went on to fix the problem. I was very impressed with how accessible he is and how genuinely he cares.

David
Old 11-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Targatoo
Pro

wow. just wow.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:54 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 290 Likes on 198 Posts

You either like him or you don't .......

Last edited by 911 Rod; 02-20-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Found out from a legal source that the Judge and Clayton Ruby went to Law school together. She was surprised at the judgement as she knows the judge. Her take is that it will be reversed on appeal and he will end up with a slap on the wrist.

It was interesting to not that the left on council today (CITYTV) all of a sudden decided to show/indicate where they had a conflict with ongoing legislation; interersesting on how many "partners" are working off the Gov. teat ...

47% of the city voted for him with the rest going to around 8 other candidates. If he goes again, he may end up with a higher percentage. Some of the shrill left want run for the Mayors position. Let them as they will lose and we will be rid of them ...
Old 11-27-2012, 07:04 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
You either like him or you don't .......
Looks to me like mostly good libertarians on this thread.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:17 PM
Goldstar
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe it was just a simple error in judgement, no harm was done and he only had good intentions. This is a witch hunt where the punishment does not fit the crime.
We all make mistakes and errors, that is a fact of life, being in the public eye just amplifies the consequences. Some time ago one of my employees said something that really stuck with me, he said "only those that do nothing, never make mistakes". Success is judged by making the right decisions, but no one ever dwells too long on their mistakes. This issue will work itself out in the long run, but the circus surrounding it will linger for a while longer. There is too much politics in politics, but Fordsy is much more than a politician, he is a guy with a will to improve things and needs to be given the opportunity to try to succeed. Lambasting him does no good for anyone except the drama queens at city hall.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:13 AM
PG993
Instructor

Ford solicits 3,000 of non tax dollars to help underprivileged kids play football and he gets ousted.
Miller funds four “rain water powered” toilets @ $700,000 tax dollars and is a city hero.
Just one example of the hypocrisy at lefty City Hall but it says it all IMHO.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:17 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by PG993
Ford solicits 3,000 of non tax dollars to help underprivileged kids play football and he gets ousted.
Miller funds four “rain water powered” toilets @ $700,000 tax dollars and is a city hero.
Just one example of the hypocrisy at lefty City Hall but it says it all IMHO.
Imagine all those kids not playing football on the streets. No wonder, we have what we have today. Poor family ethics and kids with nothing to do. To me its justified.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:43 AM
Targatoo
Pro

Notwithstanding that he was apparently warned by council to abstain from that vote...

In private industry, if you use business resources to raise money for charity the government gives you a medal. I can see why he was so indignant.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:44 PM
P0rsch3F113
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ronnie993tt
I want Ford back and I can't really believe he'll loose on appeal. Tory is a tax & spend liberal but Doug Holyday did a great job in Etobicoke. He's fiscally responsible - Etobicoke privatized garbage pick-up long ago - and is more politically savy than Ford. He might be better at bringing the centrist councillors on side with a more prudent spending agenda......particularly in dealing with our bloated police force. He is Deputy Mayor for a reason....
"Bloated police force"?
Seriously? TPS has been understrength for a very long time. Sure, they may have too many "chiefs" (Senior Management - too many Inspectors, Staff Inspectors, Superintendents, Staff Superintendents and Deputy Cheifs) but more (not less) front line personnel are required. Service will be severely cut back with reduced personnel on the road...glad I'm no longer in the Big Smoke.

Quick Reply: O/T. Ford out of office