Notices

O/T. Ford out of office

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts
Default O/T. Ford out of office

Rob Ford was removed from office by the judge today. Personally I think its dosgraceful overreach. The guy did some very dumb stuff but at least was trying to the the budget under some sort of control. Bad call.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:29 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

I agree. I think there is some influential group trying to get him out so they can proceed with their own agenda. These days you can't do anything the least bit silly before they publicly flog you.

Guess he won't be doing the Mayors job at the Argo's parade.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

I think he's an oaf, and an embarrassment to the city. I say good riddance.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Bahama
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Why do we seem to have no luck with our mayors ? An infrasture/bureaucracy surrounding the office that is so heavily entreached/fortified that it has a life of it's own ?
Old 11-26-2012, 01:07 PM
rideau
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Unfortunate as it puts our city in disarray. Also unfortunate that this was an avoidable situation. All he needed to do was recuse himself from the vote.
Now we may be shelling out 7 million dollars for a by-election or have a lame duck mayor and a 2 year campaign side show.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

We'll send Joe Fontana up to you.............packed tightly !...lol
Old 11-26-2012, 01:25 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 290 Likes on 198 Posts

Has he not been doing what he said he would do?
Old 11-26-2012, 02:28 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Christien
I think he's an oaf, and an embarrassment to the city. I say good riddance.
+1
Old 11-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Xpit77
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So now his football team will have to rent a couple of buses ?
Gezz, a lot of Mayors gettin` busted lately.
Some MP`s are thinkin`. Thanks guys, nice to get the heat off of the House.
D Mac been seen wandering around the observation area at the Horseshoe Falls ?
Hey, you throw your hat in the ring and get elected. Try to do the right thing then politics comes up and puts a foot up your ***.
Comp, free meals, kiss the baby.Vote the RIGHT WAY to please the majority .Then it blows up in your face.
I sure they did`nt want it to go that way.....But , in some cases, it does.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He may be an Oaf and Bafoon ... but he has done more good that all the others to get a good handle on the cities finances. Others such as slick Miller have screwed the city up so bad. The suit was brought on by a NDP'er who lost his seat on the library board; not voted back in ... off the gravy train.

A few left wingers are now talking about going for the Mayor's job before the process has been completed. This will drag on for at least a year. As a neighbour said, the Lawyer Clayton Ruby has drinks with many of the Judges .... hummmmm (he's into backroom politics).
Old 11-26-2012, 03:33 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 602 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaak Lepson
He may be an Oaf and Bafoon ... but he has done more good that all the others to get a good handle on the cities finances. Others such as slick Miller have screwed the city up so bad. The suit was brought on by a NDP'er who lost his seat on the library board; not voted back in ... off the gravy train.

A few left wingers are now talking about going for the Mayor's job before the process has been completed. This will drag on for at least a year. As a neighbour said, the Lawyer Clayton Ruby has drinks with many of the Judges .... hummmmm (he's into backroom politics).
This.

The judge in the subject case was obviously influenced by extraneous factors and should be removed from the bench.

Can't wait to see the next bunch of pathetic candidates that come out to pander to the urban hipster, non-tax paying crowd.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:44 PM
shinrai
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

although he's a bubblehead he was the best of the worst. anybody but slitherman.
i agree with ronan.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

For a judge to remove a democratically elected Mayor for a non-criminal offence is simply astonishing> I think he is a bit of a boor and has landed this on himself, but this city desperately needs some fiscal restraint, which is why he was elected to the absolute fury of the Star and the tax-and-spend people who have no sense of the fact that the electorate has gone through tough times and many have lost jobs, pensions, and security.

I wold prefer a boor who keeps some note of the budget than a Harvard-educated idealist like Miller who left the city with an amazing long-term debt. Hopefully Ford will recover. Finally, it would appear that the fiscal wind-powered nightmare of the Provincial government may also end soon.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan
For a judge to remove a democratically elected Mayor for a non-criminal offence is simply astonishing> I think he is a bit of a boor and has landed this on himself, but this city desperately needs some fiscal restraint, which is why he was elected to the absolute fury of the Star and the tax-and-spend people who have no sense of the fact that the electorate has gone through tough times and many have lost jobs, pensions, and security.

I wold prefer a boor who keeps some note of the budget than a Harvard-educated idealist like Miller who left the city with an amazing long-term debt. Hopefully Ford will recover. Finally, it would appear that the fiscal wind-powered nightmare of the Provincial government may also end soon.

In appeal, the Judge may be over ruled. The most Ford should of gotten was a slap on the wrist and a don't do it again. Ford may end up winning after the appeals which would put the downtown elite (non taxpayers) on their collective ear. The city needs to get a grip on the finances and pare back the non-core issues.

The Deputy Mayor Doug Holiday would make a very good replacement if Council decides to go in that direction.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:55 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan

+1 and he saved us some money on car registrations and property taxes. Hope he is able to hang on through an appeal....I've still got my lawn sign. Think I'll put it up!

Last edited by ronnie993tt; 11-26-2012 at 07:05 PM.

Quick Reply: O/T. Ford out of office