Notices

OT: what are you getting your honey for Christmas.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 04:08 PM
Dr Mitch
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

REALLY?? C'mon, what are you thinking?!?!?!

He said $100 budget.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:09 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

well i got her the new Nintendo Wii U Mario Bundle for her Bday/Xmas, she said thanks soooo much and after some sexy time, she took it home and havent seen her in a Week... Best idea ever!!! now i get to play COD without being bothered Winning
Old 12-16-2013, 05:11 PM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dude, your going about it all wrong !

1> Have dinner ready: Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal - on time. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him, and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospects of a good meal are part of the warm welcome needed.

2> Prepare yourself: Take 15 minutes to rest so you will be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people. Be a little gay and a little more interesting. His boring day may need a lift.

3> Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives, gathering up school books, toys, paper, etc. Then run a dust cloth over the tables. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too.

4> Prepare the children: Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces if they are small, comb their hair, and if necessary, change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part.

5> Minimize the noise: At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of washer, dryer, dishwasher, or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet. Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and be glad to see him.

6> Some DON'TS: Don't greet him with problems or complaints. Don't complain if he's late for dinner. Count this as minor compared with what he might have gone through that day.

7> Make him comfortable: Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or suggest he lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soft, soothing and pleasant voice. Allow him to relax and unwind.

8> Listen to him: You may have a dozen things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first.

9> Make the evening his: Never complain if he does not take you out to dinner or to other places of entertainment; instead try to understand his world of strain and pressure and his need to be home and relax.

10> The Goal: Try to make your home a place of peace and order where your husband can relax.

Last edited by adrian_jaye; 12-23-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:10 PM
996_North
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

stripper pole ?

http://shop.platinumstages.com/Poles...FcFj7AodVh8A1w
Old 12-16-2013, 08:24 PM
997_Toronto
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by petee_c
Hey RL's,
I'm recovering, housebound with a right broken ankle from an attempt to play Sunday morning pickup hockey 3 weeks ago. Can't drive til get the ok from the doc (in walking aircast right now... just tolerating some weight bearing this week)
I'm looking for gift ideas online for my wife. Something in the $100 range.. Other than the old standby's from Vic Secrets, any ideas?
She doesn't want anything expensive,... not interested in a new iPhone....
P
Have no idea where Heidelberg is but I would like to meet you next summer, just to see if you're still alive after this thread

Are you sure the broken ankle is not her doing...in some strange 6 degrees of separation kinda way?
Old 12-16-2013, 09:00 PM
eyedoc
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Best idea-give wc11 the $100 to take her to dinner. He has a huge stock of oil he bought on sale @ Cdn Tire, so he could bring a couple of liters as a small token, as Mumbles suggested.
Job done!! Next!!!!
Old 12-16-2013, 09:38 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 533 Likes on 318 Posts

this thread derailed very quickly into one of the more entertaining threads here.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:04 AM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 100 Likes on 84 Posts

Yeah....

All's good. Found what she wanted online....

I should have asked where to online shop for xmas gifts. I hate when she asks for clothing....

Anyways, to help other housebound hubbies...

victoria secrets is good, although pricey if you don't have a US address.
MEC.ca has some nice sporty type apparel.

or if you're the type.... you could always go to the mall, and shop for women's clothes.... although I'd rather change CV boots, replace a faulty thermostat than do that....
Old 12-17-2013, 09:05 AM
wc11
Race Car

Received 154 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by eyedoc
Best idea-give wc11 the $100 to take her to dinner. He has a huge stock of oil he bought on sale @ Cdn Tire, so he could bring a couple of liters as a small token, as Mumbles suggested.
Job done!! Next!!!!
Thanks doc.
I was wondering where your were going with the oil thing
Old 12-17-2013, 09:43 AM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by petee_c
or if you're the type.... you could always go to the mall, and shop for women's clothes.... although I'd rather change CV boots, replace a faulty thermostat than do that....
Unless you go to victoria's secret and tell the attractive sales lady that "she has the same body type as your wife, and would she mind trying 'these' on?"

Disclaimer: have never had the ***** to try this.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Jonathon Rolstin
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by adrian_jaye
1> Have dinner ready: Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal - on time. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him, and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospects of a good meal are part of the warm welcome needed.

2> Prepare yourself: Take 15 minutes to rest so you will be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people. Be a little gay and a little more interesting. His boring day may need a lift.

3> Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives, gathering up school books, toys, paper, etc. Then run a dust cloth over the tables. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too.

4> Prepare the children: Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces if they are small, comb their hair, and if necessary, change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part.

5> Minimize the noise: At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of washer, dryer, dishwasher, or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet. Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and be glad to see him.

6> Some DON'TS: Don't greet him with problems or complaints. Don't complain if he's late for dinner. Count this as minor compared with what he might have gone through that day.

7> Make him comfortable: Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or suggest he lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soft, soothing and pleasant voice. Allow him to relax and unwind.

8> Listen to him: You may have a dozen things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first.

9> Make the evening his: Never complain if he does not take you out to dinner or to other places of entertainment; instead try to understand his world of strain and pressure and his need to be home and relax.

10> The Goal: Try to make your home a place of peace and order where your husband can relax.
I have never laughed so hard in my life
Old 12-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porsche0nut
Disclaimer: have never had the ***** to try this.
Challenge Accepted.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:53 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathon Rolstin
I have never laughed so hard in my life
Really? I cried.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:25 PM
entdoc
Instructor

Must watch: Dog house for husbands who mess up!

Old 12-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Xpit77
Racer

I secretly had a remote starter installed in my wife`s Fit. She spotted the antenna and asked what it was . Ahhh,my friend installed a little light on the windshield to let you know the doors are locked So far so good except I could have used it today. 1 hr of scrapping from the freezing rain.Sending my ex some perfume. Chanel 666.

Quick Reply: OT: what are you getting your honey for Christmas.