Notices

Alternative track dy clubs

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 11:33 PM
NewArt
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Alternative track dy clubs

I'm into my third year running with Rennsport at LCMT and have been looking at other possibilities. As we all know, our club has possibly more GT3's and other super fast cars than any other. This leaves me, with my old Boxster S, often in the slow lane. The white run group is currently quite small and if you look at the roster, you can see why I often find myself pretty lonesome on the track. I may be able to hang with many through the turns but after 9, I am left standing. The front staight? Forget it!
What are your experiences with other clubs such as BMW and Virages? BMW seems rather expensive compared to our club. The info on these clubs' websites is not particularly clear. Any input would be appreciated!
Old 09-04-2017, 10:01 AM
fnel1771
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have been running with the BMW club this year. Great bunch of guys, more track time than Rennsport, and simply put just a great bunch of guys. All types of cars running and great track etiquette from what I've seen so far. They have a one day event on the 11th. Unfortunately I won't be there, this thing called work, is interfering

Frank
Old 09-04-2017, 10:17 AM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

I've run with BMW (Trillium) as well as US BMW Regions. All very soundly managed events and friendly even to Porsche's.
More emphasis on educational excercizes which can be fun ('and for the next run do 2 laps 3 wide, then swap lanes and do another 3').
And many cars run at a good pace.
Have you tried to go on track with similar cars/drivers and run together?
Old 09-04-2017, 11:31 AM
serpags
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NewArt
I'm into my third year running with Rennsport at LCMT and have been looking at other possibilities. As we all know, our club has possibly more GT3's and other super fast cars than any other. This leaves me, with my old Boxster S, often in the slow lane. The white run group is currently quite small and if you look at the roster, you can see why I often find myself pretty lonesome on the track. I may be able to hang with many through the turns but after 9, I am left standing. The front staight? Forget it!
What are your experiences with other clubs such as BMW and Virages? BMW seems rather expensive compared to our club. The info on these clubs' websites is not particularly clear. Any input would be appreciated!
PMed you
Old 09-05-2017, 08:41 PM
NewArt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
I've run with BMW (Trillium) as well as US BMW Regions. All very soundly managed events and friendly even to Porsche's.
More emphasis on educational excercizes which can be fun ('and for the next run do 2 laps 3 wide, then swap lanes and do another 3').
And many cars run at a good pace.
Have you tried to go on track with similar cars/drivers and run together?
You see Rick, that's the problem at RSR, there are so few similar cars at Tremblant. A couple of GT3 RS? a Turbo S gazillion horepower? I need some playmates my size! 😏
Old 09-05-2017, 10:27 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

I hear you. Though it's amazing how you can keep up with higher power cars by adding to your already strong skills.
I'm suggesting you stage with similar cars (time-wise) and have fun together.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:29 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts

Viper club is a good alternative. The local BMW Club is dead to me, too much politics.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:12 PM
NewArt
Rennlist Member

Viper club could be interesting but again, their website is not very enlightening. Do you have to be a member? According to their site, membership requires a Dodge Viper: not gonna happen! In the photos, I see a variety of cars and it seems that they only have 3 run groups? This would give lots of track time in a day! Worth looking into, thanks!
Old 09-07-2017, 07:53 AM
serpags
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregster
Viper club is a good alternative. The local BMW Club is dead to me, too much politics.
Hey Greg, do you lap with Viper ?
Old 09-07-2017, 12:42 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NewArt
Viper club could be interesting but again, their website is not very enlightening. Do you have to be a member? According to their site, membership requires a Dodge Viper: not gonna happen! In the photos, I see a variety of cars and it seems that they only have 3 run groups? This would give lots of track time in a day! Worth looking into, thanks!
It's ViperClub/ Bimmershop. No viper ownership required, its open to everyone. There are also the Vag Motorsport/191 Motorsport days. Both are sorta arrive and drive, no membership.. Lots of track time. All good groups of people, however lots of fast cars. No real yahoos either... These independent days have become popular as they are cheaper and offer lots of track time. I don't get out much so I want max amount of track time when I do.. Also don't want to have an E30 318is rolling chicane that will get passed 5 times when I do
Old 09-09-2017, 09:39 AM
SWK6Cup

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

James, looks like you are going to have to give some serious thought to coming south of the border........
Old 09-09-2017, 01:00 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 264 Posts

Mosport has TONS of alt clubs......I know, I attend most of them

Gary
Old 09-12-2017, 10:00 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregster
Also don't want to have an E30 318is rolling chicane that will get passed 5 times when I do
Hey! I resemble that remark!

Old 09-12-2017, 10:59 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pontifex4
^ That is one seriously clean looking E30 track car!
Old 09-12-2017, 11:24 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pontifex4

You also aren't running the stock 4 banger or low revving lazy 6cyl.

Quick Reply: Alternative track dy clubs