Notices

Rennsport DE

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 05:31 PM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
On the one hand I am concerned because PCA DE is tending towards racing with "advanced passing" and such, while a perfectly safe technique for novices is forbidden. Go figure.
Bob, can you expand on the “advanced passing” thing? I’ve not seen anything about this.

Thanks,
Joe
Old 05-25-2020, 05:38 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Passing without signals and or passing in corners. I suspect to counter competition from Chin Dave Murray etc
Old 05-25-2020, 06:20 PM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 246 Posts

Thanks Bob! I was just reviewing the PCA DE Min Standards. I see the “Expanded Passing Program”, however it is pretty clear that hand signal must be initiated. I wonder how they get around that...see no evil...
Old 05-31-2020, 08:04 AM
back2porsche
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

We held an instructors meeting last sunday to discuss and standardize our lead follow method at calabogie. In contrast to the ross bentley webinar suggestions re hand signals, our strategy is to replicate de rules and procedures as closely as possible. Specifically passing. Not doing the helicopter rotating blade motion for passing or tapping the roof for catch up. Lead follow rotation will be by arm signals initiated by the lead car (instructor) as per de making the transition to solo more seamless and SAFE. We anticipate pods of 2 - 3 students - followers per lead instructor. Planning to join the rennsport guys at tremblant in july if its on.

Quick Reply: Rennsport DE