Rennsport DE

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 01:23 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Rennsport DE

We have been informed that we will be able to run our June event at Tremblant hooray! On the other hand we've been informed that PCA has ruled out lead and follow for the novice group! With covid - putting instructors in a car is a non starter. I find this new rule strange since the Porsche School at Barbere uses lead and follow extensively.

On the one hand I am concerned because PCA DE is tending towards racing with "advanced passing" and such, while a perfectly safe technique for novices is forbidden. Go figure.

Best,
The following 2 users liked this post by Bob Rouleau:
jack white (05-13-2020), msavard (05-14-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 04:47 PM
jack white
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guest Legault considers DE in the same category has golf and tennis, individual sports has annonced today...
Old 05-13-2020, 09:59 PM
NewArt
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

So, there will be no green group?
Old 05-14-2020, 02:25 AM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

New green group format. Rennsport always on the cutting edge.
The following users liked this post:
Bob Rouleau (05-17-2020)
Old 05-14-2020, 08:27 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 105 Posts

Good news. Going to feel strange missing our US friends, and those that choose to/have to miss it for other reasons.

Heck, I know of at least 2 local cars that are stranded across the border. Interesting times.

Cheers

Matt
Old 05-16-2020, 06:28 AM
Cyril
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jack white
I guest Legault considers DE in the same category has golf and tennis, individual sports has annonced today...
Even though the Government of Quebec has given its approval for a gradual resumption of certain sports and leisure activities, the motor sports sector is not yet authorized to leave the garage. As non-essential travel and gatherings are always prohibited, the holding of our events is not currently possible. We will have to wait again.
Old 05-16-2020, 12:13 PM
Dino524
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Are we officially on or not for June?
Old 05-16-2020, 03:23 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

I hope you folks get back on track soon. And that we get to join you.
I'm taking an instructor lead/follow webinar Wednesday evening. Might come in handy soon.
Old 05-16-2020, 07:32 PM
fnel1771
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Rick, the problem is crossing the border since it does not look like it’s opening anytime soon. Then dealing with the quarantine if applicable is another issue.

im cancelling my VIR and WGI events for this exact reason, never mind the uncertainty of the tracks being open or not

Late summer is when I hope for some normalcy
Old 05-16-2020, 08:31 PM
Boxster dude
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We are planning to have the June DE. The conditions and how we execute the DE are under investigation by the Track Committee. We are currently assessing our options with regard to "what the DE will look like". For obvious reasons the June DE will be very different from past DEs with new rules. We plan on sending out a survey in the coming weeks to help us in the planning. Please respond to the survey when it is published on our website. A link to the survey will also be posted on our social media page. Please stay tuned for more details, we are ALL looking forward to kicking off the DE season. Stay healthy and safe!
Old 05-17-2020, 05:31 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

James, we are working on it. One possibility is to run a non PCA event. Watch for the survey.
Other considerations, will there be restaurants and hotels open? If not we may have to make it a one day event. The track committee is working hard figuring all this out. Waiting for the 25th to see if Legault lets us out of our cages
msavard (05-19-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 07:56 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 105 Posts

Hi Bob (and Stan), exactly what I was thinking - if we're still semi locked down (hotels, etc.) then a single day event may be the best alternative.

Get things rolling, feet wet, if nothing else.

Happy to assist if you need any help.

Cheers

Matt
msavard (05-19-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 07:58 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,450 Likes on 956 Posts

Follow me as I very very late trail break into turn ___________

Please be sure to keep a safe social distance as not doing so could result in _____________________
Old 05-17-2020, 08:26 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyril
Even though the Government of Quebec has given its approval for a gradual resumption of certain sports and leisure activities, the motor sports sector is not yet authorized to leave the garage. As non-essential travel and gatherings are always prohibited, the holding of our events is not currently possible. We will have to wait again.
​​​​​​Lol not a single person is enforcing non essential travel. Once the road blocks came down everyone spilled out of Montreal.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:09 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by fnel1771
Rick, the problem is crossing the border since it does not look like it’s opening anytime soon. Then dealing with the quarantine if applicable is another issue.

im cancelling my VIR and WGI events for this exact reason, never mind the uncertainty of the tracks being open or not

Late summer is when I hope for some normalcy
Understood
I am less concerned with managing the track exposure as I am the travel and lodging.
When Joanie and I traveled back from New Mexico I was glad we could isolate in our travel trailer.
I sadly don't have that option in the truck and race trailer, at least not comfortably.

Quick Reply: Rennsport DE