Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 02:29 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,901 Likes on 1,723 Posts
Default Cross Country Transporter

Good Morning,

I'm venturing over from the GT3 Forum as one of the other guys said you folks transport vehicles quite often.

Anyone have any knowledge of an enclosed transporter coming from the DC area to the west coast anytime soon? I'm in need of the vehicle in the next 2 weeks and my only other option is to fly out and drive it cross country.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:39 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

We always use Intercity because we feel that they are the best (Plus they are a Rennlist Sponsor). However, they usually have a long lead time. Still I'd check them first.
We sold a car to someone who used VIP Transport. VIP was here in a couple of days to pick it up, but it took them over a week to deliver it to them. that wouldn't be good in your case.
I know a lot of guys 993 guys have been using Demoise Auto Transport and they are raving about how quick they are and that they take great car of the cars.
http://www.demoise.com/AboutUs.html

Hope this helps.

JoAnne
Old 08-21-2006, 03:08 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks JoAnne,

I just called VIP and they say they have a truck that can pick it up by Friday and get it out within a week from then, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it happens. Thanks again.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:20 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Any time Pete.
You'll be very happy with VIP. If you get the old trailer #1, tell Janus the driver hello from the crazy Croatian girl in Hot Springs, Arkansas! Janus is a great driver. He's only the second driver that was able to manuver a 53' 18 wheeler into our neighborhood to deliver or pick up a Porsche from us.

BTW: I was wrong VIP not only was fast on the pick up, but it was fast on the delivery too. The car left here on a Friday and was delivered to the customer on Tuesday in So. Cal. That's the luck of the draw. He had other cars in the load also headed that way. The transport company that took a while was Thomas C. Sunday...............

JoAnne
Old 08-21-2006, 08:11 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Looks like you've got it covered, but Demoise just brought my new 356 from Florida to L.A., very good service and very quick, and would highly recommend them.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:21 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just got in and wanted to post to all a BIG THANK YOU. As you can read above, I went with VIP, but there was a snag with the fax request for service. In the meantime, Demoise called and said he had a truck in the DC area and the GT3 would be the last one on the back and ready to go to SoCal.

The car was loaded on about 2 hours after I posted on this website!!!
After waiting for 3 weeks and trying to find my own company with still no scheduled pick up, I relied on the vast knowledge and experience of this board and it will get to me by the end of this week. Unbelievable...

I'm signing up as a full member and I'll post photos once I get the car.

Thanks to everyone!!
Old 08-22-2006, 01:50 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Pete - good news. Which drivers did you get?
Old 08-22-2006, 11:13 AM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by M3Pete
Just got in and wanted to post to all a BIG THANK YOU. As you can read above, I went with VIP, but there was a snag with the fax request for service. In the meantime, Demoise called and said he had a truck in the DC area and the GT3 would be the last one on the back and ready to go to SoCal.

The car was loaded on about 2 hours after I posted on this website!!!
After waiting for 3 weeks and trying to find my own company with still no scheduled pick up, I relied on the vast knowledge and experience of this board and it will get to me by the end of this week. Unbelievable...

I'm signing up as a full member and I'll post photos once I get the car.

Thanks to everyone!!
That's great Pete!!! Like I said, it's all about timing and luck, and YOU, my new friend, are one lucky guy!

Can't wait to see the pictures!

JoAnne

Old 08-22-2006, 08:29 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

The drivers are a husband and wife team originally from the LA area, but have now relocated to Arizona. The wife's name is Gloria. Very nice lady who gave me a call after they loaded it up and hit the road. First stop is Gardena in the LA area, so no stops along the way and I should get it by the end of the week

If it gets to be before Sunday, I've already got a route planned with my wife in the mountains east of San Diego to give her a taste of what it can do. Autocross on Sept. 9th, Cal Speedway 1st week of October and Phoenix International Raceway 2 weeks after. Can't wait. Thanks again for your help
Old 08-22-2006, 10:09 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Pete - same drivers I had - Tom and Gloria. Tell them hi for me (the red 356 they delivered to Glendale two weeks ago).

You can see pics of Gloria, the truck and part of Tom here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...1&page=4&pp=15
Old 08-23-2006, 08:38 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

JCNESQ,

That is a beautiful car. Thanks for the pics.

Quick Reply: Cross Country Transporter